DS beta 4.5.0.137 - do i need to reload any of my content?

estheresther Posts: 608
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, I am using a mac. I thought I would have another look at the latest DS version to see if it would export any better to poser, but someone said I have to reload my genesis morphs again. They look like they all work fine as is.
which ones (if any) would I need to reload please?
I have swole, V5, M5
Love esther

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials file? If so, that should be all you need, unless you get any Duplicate ID errors.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

Hi Jimmy,
    I don't remember installing any updates (that doesn't mean I didn't) but things look as if they are there. I can load genesis and change the shape with some presets.
    One of my friends said "what was said in the announcement for DS4.5. The
    Evolution and some other morphs were updated for this release. Also the
    content has to be reinstalled because it had been converted to the new DUF
    format. But that may be because the new scene save format will not recognize
    the old format. "
    Love esther

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can you see what format Genesis is in. If it is called Genesis.DUF, then you have the latest version, if it is still Genesis.DSF then you don't. DS 4.5 can load old .DAZ Scene files, but it saves now as .DUF scene files.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

well I am sure I am using the latest version of DS because i deliberately loaded that one. I don't have any previously saved DS scenes, so I just load in some content from within DS and everything seems okay.