Bryce and Daz, Daz and Bryce.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

Been learning the software and having lots of fun. So far I've learned how to make body morphs, model clothing and model hair. I decided my next step would be to muck about with Bryce.

WOW! Was that fun. Very easy to get into and lots of fun to explore. Having to think scenes in terms of forced perspective is a little challenging at first but you get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Now I notice there are tutorials on Bryce, and Tutorials and Daz, but not much in the way of using the two of them together. I mean I get how to send something to Daz and how to send something to Bryce but each program has disadvantages and advantages the other doesn't.

Objects sent from Daz to Bryce are HUGE and no longer have the ability to pose or run animations.

Objects sent from Bryce to Daz are TINY stack on top of one another and lose a lot of their detail. Skys and infinite planes don't send to DAZ.

Are there any tutorials that show techniques for when you'd use one program over another to achieve and effect and how to really use both programs together to their maximum potential?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I never use Bryce to DS
    most people do DS to Bryce

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    I never use Bryce to DS
    most people do DS to Bryce

How do you get your objects posed properly if you're doing your rendering in Bryce?

I've been doing some experimentation today creating scenes and I've been finding it easier so far to export the individual elements as OBjs then import then into Daz and arrange them. Using some scaling and forced perspective tricks I've been able to build scenes pretty quickly then I can tweak my character's poses and repose them on the fly much easier than I've been able to do it in Bryce. Seems like there's a lot of guesswork involved in sending characters to Bryce as far as how well the pose will fit with the scene.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

if that works better for you - go for it
    have fun

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The actual idea of the Daz Studio to Bryce bridge is that you can pose you characters in DS and then send them to Bryce via the bridge. If you pose is not quite right, then the return path is there to send it back to DS to tweak the pose.

I am told that the bridge works much better now with the latest release of DS which is DS4.5 pro.

There are several threads about DS and the bridge, in the Bryce forum. If you pop over there, do a forum search for DS and you will see them show up, browsing through those threads may give you some pointers.

BTW I use Poser, and export an obj from Poser which I then import into Bryce, have been doing that for many years, and although it can be long winded, it is the way that I am happy working..

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

There are several threads about DS and the bridge, in the Bryce forum. If you pop over there, do a forum search for DS and you will see them show up, browsing through those threads may give you some pointers.

Thanks. I'll check them out.