Creating Material Presets in DS4.5 problem solved

PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've started to convert some of my Gen 3 content to Genesis and in the process needed to create some Material presets for the Greco Roman Chiton for Steph 3.

When creating the preset I've noticed that the dialogue box includes the item and also something called Pins.

Can anyone explain to me what Pins are and what they are used for?

thanks

Pen

Post edited by Pendraia on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

What option are you choosing when you go to save the mat preset & what file format are you saving it as?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    What option are you choosing when you go to save the mat preset & what file format are you saving it as?

Hi Matty,

I'm saving from the content library...

I click on the plus symbol down the bottom

I choose Materials preset...

The save dialogue comes up and I choose a name and hit save...

This time with something different I didn't get pins only the parts of the object...the item I got it with was the GrecoRoman Chiton.

The preset works I just wondered what the pins were as I haven't seen it before...

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Mattymanx said:

Hi Matty,

I'm saving from the content library...

I click on the plus symbol down the bottom

I choose Materials preset...

The save dialogue comes up and I choose a name and hit save...

This time with something different I didn't get pins only the parts of the object...the item I got it with was the GrecoRoman Chiton.

The preset works I just wondered what the pins were as I haven't seen it before...

Don't worry I just worked it out...pins are one of the groups on the surface tab.

lol somedays I'm just slow...lol