- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Just checking for thieves. 56 Pages 0 Thieves. Maybe the dragons returned an ate the thieves.

i been imagining a thieving scene ... haz to finish installs first

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

tjohn said:
    T Jaiman said:
    tjohn said:
    T Jaiman said:

Dumb kitten knocked my keyboard off the desk, and I had to replace it.

The keyboard or the kitten?

The kitten's fine.

But I can't type on a kitten.

Oh, you mean...

No, wouldn't do any good. Each cat does it, it was just this one's turn.

First time the keyboard got damaged, though.

Glad the kitten is OK.

Yeah, I don't throw kittens through walls anymore... Kidding! Just kidding.

I have an elderly lady cat named Baby. As near as I can figure, she should be about 14 years young. She was my late Aunt's cat until my Aunt passed away 12 years ago. Baby is still as fun and playful as a kitten. I wish I was aging as gracefully. :)

That's pretty neat. Mine always get sedentary. But they'll rev up and play, on random occasions. Which is still better than me. :)

Baby, huh? Small world. After my Mom fell and broke her pelvis, again, she went to an assisted living facility.

I got her little cat Babie (that's how I spell it, because she's a she. The vet's desk people seem to think that's eccentric). Didn't take her that long to warm up to me - I didn't expect it. She'd always been mistrustful of me (anyone but Mom), even though I was the one that rescued her.

She'd showed up at my Mom's place, as a tiny starved kitten. Looked like she couldn't have lasted another cold fall night.

My Mom had fed some neighborhood cats, and here's this dinky emaciated thing growling the others away. They were standing back, looking kind of afraid. Perhaps worried what mayhem that desperation might drive her to. Then she hid under the freezer, out there, in the laundry room. I told Mom, and she told me I'd better grab it. It came out to eat again, a few minutes later. I tried petting it while it ate, and it was so hungry, it forced itself to ignore it (Other than folding her ears back and ducking each time)... so... *yoinks*. Mom cuddled that puffball, and the kitten allowed it. My sister named it "Tuffy", for growling it's way to the food dish. But Mom fell in love and changed it to Baby. (And I changed it to Babie, on paper, once it was clearly a she).

Come to think of it, I guess I'd be more mistrustful of a giant that kidnapped me, than one who showered love on me.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

not sure what i'm seeing here. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/flexi-girls-poses Holy Smokes, I'm a living freak of nature myself but some of those positions are way beyond anything I could do. Maybe I was only semi-pro?
    would anyone wanna come over and do installs for me? :) - i'm cooking bacon and cornbread for dinner!
    Sure just let me get my 40Gb of stuff done then I'll come right over. Say 2 or 3 months from now?
    edited September 2012

tjohn said:
    T Jaiman said:

Dumb kitten knocked my keyboard off the desk, and I had to replace it.

The keyboard or the kitten?

Hope the kitten is okay.

Kitten's fine. It was just making more sleeping room by moving the keyboard to the floor.

I have dropped my keyboard many times and it still works great.

That keyboard got knocked off many dozens of times before it gave up. Before this, the worst damage was a chipped corner of the (decorative?) flange.

The desk sleepers like to stretch out... anything that gets in their way is... in there mind, is something that shouldn't have been there. Whenever a cat climbs, and knocks something down, it'll look down at it with an expression of "serves you right".

The exception was Crystal, who, after a while, figured out why I'd holler. One day I took her to Mom's, she got up on the mantle, and expertly picked her way between the ceramic brikabrak. And she was consistent about it, any time she got up in one of my clutter zones.

So, anyway, that's not the only cause of keyboard-crash.

I have an overweight cat, Bobbie (born with a condition that makes her head bobble when she's interested in what she sees, and also makes her put on weight). I got this used 20" CRT monitor for $20 from Craigslist (high-end and expensive in it's time). It had a roomy top front, and the grill had a gentle slope. She claimed it. Sleep on the grill for warmth, then move to the front part to cool down. The thing lasted a year (hey, 20 bucks, I got my money's worth), and I then I had to settle for a 17".

She's never got used to the idea that it has a lot less sleeping room. She'll roll over, fall to the floor, and snag the keyboard cord on the way down...

I think I am a klutz. I drop my electronics quite frequently. Today alone I got a cut on my finger that was preventable and I also knocked over a cart with pots of chili. Definitely a klutz

I'm a klutz. No food containers that big, but that's because I don't have any that big.

That was a funny story, by the way, I read it up there. I think they're used to worse, though.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

Forum logout? Haven't had that in a while.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited December 1969

=3
    I can never get this guy's name right. Funny, since just after I got this other dragon's name down I find another who I keep forgetting XD
    Nozdormu I think...? Yeah that's it. I keep typing it as Norzdomu XD
    He's making a sand castle :3

nozdormu_chibi.jpg
    1436 x 1180 - 690K
    edited September 2012

Or making a new one... Since his other gone got squished XD
    Murr... I heard someone say that Malygos (The blue one that's laughing) actually tried flirting with Alex and Ysera (The dark red one and the green one, respectively) in one of the books. I can't imagine how he'd go about doing that, and actually never thought it possible outside of fanfiction ^_^
    Though a friend and avid player of the game did tell me that he was somewhat of a clown once upon a time. Maybe that's what she meant by that XD (Not Fyre, someone on DA =3 )

chibi_aspects.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 164K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

at work I have been told several times that the cutting blades of the tomato slicer are sharp and I should wear those cut resistant gloves while handling the tomato slicer. Even the video I saw on my first day of work at the new Wendy's said that at all times that I am using or cleaning the tomato slicer, that I should wear the cut resistant gloves. those gloves are similar to chainmail. that is what they remind me of when I see them.

Today I decided not to wear the cut resistant gloves. I cut the tomatoes with no problem. It was not until I went to wash the tomato slicer's blades when the problem came up. I was rinsing it with some soap water and then felt some pain. I dropped the blades into the water and notice my finger was covered in this red liquid. I had to do two things, get the thing with the blades out of the sink without further damage to myself and to deal with my finger. I ended up having to drain the sink so I could take the blades out. I had to do that right away so that no one would stick their hands into the dish sink and get cut by the blades. as it was draining I grabbed some paper towels and put them over the cut on my finger. as soon as I saw the thing with the blades I took that out of the dish sink and rinsed it off. I washed off the body of the tomato slicer and then put it back together.

After that I wore the cut resistant gloves for the rest of the cutting stuff.

Another problem today was that I was too slow on getting everything done. I tried rushing myself at the end. I was putting away a bacon pan that was clean. There was a cart with two pots of chili. (Uncooked and cold that were waiting for the beef to be put in it then it would be cooked.) That cart was in the way. I tried to move it but instead I knocked over the cart and chili. I spent the next half hour to an hour cleaning it up. I also got chili all over my pants.

It was time to leave and I have not had lunch yet. I ordered two things of nuggets, a fry and a free drink to go. I did not want to eat while wearing chili covered pants. After I got my food, I went home and started laundry and then ate my food.

I hope I did not loose my job.

...I used to manage a deli where we fresh sliced everything when a sandwich was ordered.

Those rotary slicers are not just sharp, they are surgically sharp and need to be so to get those paper thin slices. We never removed the blades to wash in the sink but instead cleaned them on the machine itself (a very tedious and just as dangerous process mind you). One time, like you I was in a hurry as well as also rather tired since I was called in on the day shift to sub for someone who took the day off after running my usual evening shift the night before (on something like 4 hrs sleep). While cleaning of the machine I before the evening staff arrived, hadn't noticed anything amiss until I say drops of blood on the floor around me and on my clothing as well. Didn't feel a thing as the cut was so "precise" (which is why a paper cut hurts like heck for the edge of a sheet may be thin but it is extremely dull). Was rushed to the ER where needless to say a graft and five stitches were were required to set things right again. Fortunately as it happened on the premises during work hours, the company picked up all the bills.

Didn't get sacked, but quit about a month later due to myself working 60+ hrs a week, often with out a day off for a couple weeks at a time.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

I got this idea that I have to be perfect or I will loose my job.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Quiet Sunday under a grey sky filled with songbirds just now :)

edited December 1969

I'm sure they will come to value you as much as we do :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I'm sure they will come to value you as much as we do :)

thanks!

edited December 1969

85 days to Christmas. close enough.

watching Peanut add his comments to the Night b4 christmas.

Peanut:
    who the hel says Twas.
    that's not a mouse, it's a rat.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    not sure what i'm seeing here. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/flexi-girls-poses Holy Smokes, I'm a living freak of nature myself but some of those positions are way beyond anything I could do. Maybe I was only semi-pro?
    would anyone wanna come over and do installs for me? :) - i'm cooking bacon and cornbread for dinner!
    Sure just let me get my 40Gb of stuff done then I'll come right over. Say 2 or 3 months from now?

thaz a lot of Gb :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    =3
    I can never get this guy's name right. Funny, since just after I got this other dragon's name down I find another who I keep forgetting XD
    Nozdormu I think...? Yeah that's it. I keep typing it as Norzdomu XD
    He's making a sand castle :3

the pillow cuddly one, did he wake up? :)

edited December 1969

Peanut:
    who the hel says Twas.

85 days to save up for Christmas. or is it 84 since I am not going shopping on Christmas for presents. I asked my bank to put twenty five dollars every other week into my savings account. I hope that is enough, but not too much.

edited December 1969

I am not getting alerts for this thread, but I am getting alerts for other threads. I think I am subscribed to this thread.

edited December 1969

Peanut:
    who the hel says Twas.

85 days to save up for Christmas. or is it 84 since I am not going shopping on Christmas for presents. I asked my bank to put twenty five dollars every other week into my savings account. I hope that is enough, but not too much.

best guesstimate yoo should have like 250 or 300 bucks by then

edited December 1969

Peanut:
    who the hel says Twas.

Not every week but every other week. It is based on when I get paid. That is assuming I did not get myself fired. The gm did not say i was fired. I would think that she would tell me if I was, I think. I have never fired so I do not know how the managers handle it. I have to call tomorrow to see if I am on the schedule or not.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

odd coincidence: my computer was acting on the same day that Daz3d.com was having issues with their website.

The title of the thread reminds me of the kid in old role playing games who steals your money and items. lol

Ok, I'm off to render something. Bye

edited September 2012

zzzzzz sleepy ... not gonna do the installs t'nite.

BubbaJ wrote a letter to Santa, but he didn't mail it cuz his computer don't fit in the mailbox. Freebird. Beernog.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Peanut:
    who the hel says Twas.

Not every week but every other week. It is based on when I get paid. That is assuming I did not get myself fired. The gm did not say i was fired. I would think that she would tell me if I was, I think. I have never fired so I do not know how the managers handle it. I have to call tomorrow to see if I am on the schedule or not.

oh. so that comes out to like 50 a month :)

i'm still trying to work out percentage maths :lol:

edited September 2012

i've decided not to put orcs in my story.

there was a critter in the store called The Jackalope. more ugly than cute. cantz decide.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:

thaz a lot of Gb :)The bad part is that's just the Daz3D folder. I'm not even sure how old the oldest file in it is. Six or Seven months easy I'm guessing.

EDIT: Nope, I have four files sitting here from July 2011. :red:

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

odd coincidence: my computer was acting on the same day that Daz3d.com was having issues with their website.

The title of the thread reminds me of the kid in old role playing games who steals your money and items. lol

Ok, I'm off to render something. Bye

Hm... Reminds me more of Aladdin XD
    The opening to the first movie especially, and that song :3

edited December 1969

the Berry dragons come with new eye geometries for the faerie dragon. :)

complainnnt, the Fantasy Hovel didn't give a separate props folder, it's frikkin all in one pp2
    seriously thinkin about returning it for a refund.
    the 1.99 RH sets gives a folder of zeroed props. for the price tag on the hovel, i'd expect the same courtesy.

grumble,grouch

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Might wanna bug report that..? They do sometimes fix that kind of stuff as well.

edited December 1969

I'd probably get it anyway, since with props/architecture I usually just zero their world coordinates and save them back into the Content Browser. There's no point (for me) to keep them as poser files - especially when no morphs or rig is involved XD
    But yeah... An option to have just the empty interior w/o all the props would be nice. Would it be possible for you to go in, remove them manually, then resave a ... I think it's a .cr2 file...?

edited December 1969

One person's feature is another's bug hey :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited September 2012

...I guess I'm on everyone's ignore list (or dead but don't know it yet) s my posts seem to spark no response.

...anyway, finally saw Brave tonight. What a wonderful story. I actually stopped looking at the CG "eye candy" as I became so wrapped up in the story. Poo Poo it if you must because it is "Disney/Pixar", but IMHO, I think they got this one right.

This has moved into my top ten all time films (and it's not jut because the heroine is a cute feisty redhead).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.