Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    MotoTsume said:
    thank, I looked at those a long time ago, could never get them converted correctly to obj format with textures.

Depending on what your system is and which verison of Poser you're using, 3ds files should import just fine. I'm finding that's the case with P9. It's taking 3ds files that the earlier verisons wouldn't.

I wish it would take Lightwave like they say it's supposed to.

I don't use poser. I am a Daz Studio 4.5 Pro user

I can barely start poser lol

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    mdbruffy said:
    MotoTsume said:
    thank, I looked at those a long time ago, could never get them converted correctly to obj format with textures.

Depending on what your system is and which verison of Poser you're using, 3ds files should import just fine. I'm finding that's the case with P9. It's taking 3ds files that the earlier verisons wouldn't.

I wish it would take Lightwave like they say it's supposed to.

I don't use poser. I am a Daz Studio 4.5 Pro user

I can barely start poser lol

I'm afraid we've come to a parting of the ways, then, because I know nothing about D/S in any verison.

• edited December 1969

An update on my Cardassian displacement maps. I'm hammering out some of the small details now. Right now, the trick is using just the right amount of displacement and bumps. It ain't perfect, but, what is? Plus, it'll be FREE!

Basicly, when it's finished, I hope to offer a choice of three skin colors (mud, gray, and a blueish gray) to go with the displacement and bump maps. Which brings me to a problem. I've never put a package together for downloading. If anyone here would be interested in helping me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Onto the pictures...

CardieWIP03.jpg
    812 x 748 - 36K
    CardieWIP04.jpg
    812 x 748 - 34K
  • mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64865/view/11/Poser/Efrosian-Hair-Revised

Fixed a few problems with this hair and added fits for V3, V4, and M4

NuEfrosianV4ad.jpg
    608 x 583 - 309K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2012
    gaseous_cloud.jpg
    640 x 480 - 39K
    BryceSky.jpg
    640 x 480 - 28K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing no one's done a Karl Urban morph since I havent heard anything in response to my posting.

David

edited December 1969

I'm guessing no one's done a Karl Urban morph since I havent heard anything in response to my posting.

David

Have you tried a Judge Dredd site? someone might have made one based on his new movie.

edited December 1969

I dont know of any Judge Dredd sites. I did a Google search for "Karl Urban" and only got sites about morphing someone's picture into Karl Urban and then it went downhill from there.

David

edited December 1969

Here's part II, page 2 of my web comic for those who are interested.

page_2_partII_preview.jpg
    600 x 464 - 226K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

An update on my Cardassian displacement maps. I'm hammering out some of the small details now. Right now, the trick is using just the right amount of displacement and bumps. It ain't perfect, but, what is? Plus, it'll be FREE!

Basicly, when it's finished, I hope to offer a choice of three skin colors (mud, gray, and a blueish gray) to go with the displacement and bump maps. Which brings me to a problem. I've never put a package together for downloading. If anyone here would be interested in helping me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Onto the pictures...

really nice work

• blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited September 2012

madd, did you build your deck section in sketch up?
    your current problems look like something that happened to me a while back while trying to make a more streamline futuristic tricorrder.
    i got the same kind of thing , no matter what i did it rendered with black patches all over the prop .
    the nearest thing i could figure out was this
    some times when you export from sketch-updepending on which of the choices you click, the programs exports the object with a texture on either 1side , the other side, parts of each side or both sides of the mesh .
    i believe that sketch-up has options when exportingto control this
    at worst you might have to export your deck one more time but pay close attention to which option you pick for the textures.

i dont know it it helps but it is worth looking into

Post edited by bluto on
    edited December 1969

Onto the pictures...

boy howdy this rock out loud!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

bluto said:
    madd, did you build your deck section in sketch up?
    your current problems look like something that happened to me a while back while trying to make a more streamline futuristic tricorrder.
    i got the same kind of thing , no matter what i did it rendered with black patches all over the prop .
    the nearest thing i could figure out was this
    some times when you export from sketch-updepending on which of the choices you click, the programs exports the object with a texture on either 1side , the other side, parts of each side or both sides of the mesh .
    i believe that sketch-up has options when exportingto control this
    at worst you might have to export your deck one more time but pay close attention to which option you pick for the textures.

i dont know it it helps but it is worth looking into

Yes, the decks were done in sketch-up. I'll have to watch close next time.

edited December 1969

Render of Shuttlebay 2 - got one of them working :)

larger version can be seen on my DeviantArt

awaymission439sm.jpg
    1000 x 576 - 94K
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Render of Shuttlebay 2 - got one of them working :)

larger version can be seen on my DeviantArt

That looks great!

edited December 1969

edited December 1969

inspired by mylochkas elfrosian hair , i thought i might do a morph that help to give the look of that race to the gen 4 figures

heres the m4 one

efrosian.jpg
    823 x 506 - 33K
    edited December 1969

very nice :)

on side note: still hoping to see the Jem'Hadar and founder morphs available soon :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

And dare we ask what exactly is that green liquid supposed to be?

edited December 1969

Slurm?

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Onto the pictures...

I had to re-create that makeup for Hidden Frontier, so I can tell you that you've done a heck of a good job! You've gotten a lot of the details right that some people wouldn't even notice.

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Speaking of hair, I'm looking for ling curly Klingon hair for M3 like the hair Eismaus has in his preview for the M3 Klingon uniform. Does anybody know this hair, or hair like it for M3?

Screen_Shot_2012-09-28_at_8.49_.43_AM_.png
    132 x 190 - 33K
    edited December 1969

The green liquid is the leftover liquid from keeping the mining equipment cooled. Very radiation rich liquid.

Here's the Captain again with her new do as suggested earlier with Ysaris.

harrison_new_look_C_sm.jpg
    750 x 1050 - 353K
  • edited December 1969

Thalek said:

Onto the pictures...

I had to re-create that makeup for Hidden Frontier, so I can tell you that you've done a heck of a good job! You've gotten a lot of the details right that some people wouldn't even notice.

Thanks. However, I'm putting out the call again: HELP!

I've never put a package together for download. I can't seem to get the Mat Poses to work. If I got to Materials, I can get the Material Collections to add everything properly to the M4 figure, but, everytime I change the .mc6 file to a .pz2 file and try to chane the textures from the Pose directory, it doesn't work.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Onto the pictures...

Excellent work
    edited December 1969

Thanks. However, I'm putting out the call again: HELP!

I've never put a package together for download. I can't seem to get the Mat Poses to work. If I got to Materials, I can get the Material Collections to add everything properly to the M4 figure, but, everytime I change the .mc6 file to a .pz2 file and try to chane the textures from the Pose directory, it doesn't work.

Apparently, you have to use a text editor and make a minor modification to the file in addition to changing the extension.

Here's a tutorial on the subject; looks pretty straight-forward. As he suggests, you want to make a backup first.

http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/showthread.php?43996-How-to-make-a-MAT-Pose-file

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    If she has to grow it back, I like the curly style. But I agree with the staff sergeant: why does she need to grow it back?

(My own lady has asked me to shave her head tonight; she's losing hair due to chemo therapy, and doesn't want to look straggly and patchy. So for me, it's not entirely an academic question.)

Are you shaving yours too? Solidarity man!

I've lost over thirty people to Cancer in the past six years, but more then that have gone into remission. Keep the faith.

In answer to your question: yes. [grin]

DSCF0010A.JPG
    1500 x 1120 - 585K
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

The green liquid is the leftover liquid from keeping the mining equipment cooled. Very radiation rich liquid.

Here's the Captain again with her new do as suggested earlier with Ysaris.

Cute, what hair did you use? I am looking for some short haircuts.

Anyhow, here's 2 practice shots, one of the ship's top officers having a mini meeting: 1st Officer Zeg, Science Officer Cassy Morrison, and Captain Nozaki. The captain's actually based upon somebody that I know.

Cap_Laguna.jpg
    729 x 870 - 238K
    Officer_meeting.jpg
    1262 x 870 - 504K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Everyone likes to look at pictures around here so here's mine.

For thost that read my first comic, knows the Captain of the USS O'Bannon isn't really human...

Enjoy.

test2.jpg
    546 x 640 - 298K
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    I loaded up the Constellation Class and the Vanguard Class ships, and both gave me error messages when I attempted to render them. o_O

What program?

What was the error?

If DAZ Studio, What does the Log file say?

Was just a tiny box saying error in rendering with an "ok" button in it.
    I deleted it, for now.

This discussion has been closed.