Afraid to Buy Anything At All Now...

ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Sorry Daz, but this new website sucks. I'm afraid to buy anything at all from the store now because all the prices keep changing. "On Sale Through" dates are anybody's guess. Itemized order histories are not sortable as they were before. Is it too late to switch back to the old site where stuff at least worked 90% of the time? I thought this new site was supposed to be better for everyone, but that's not what it is. It's a headache. You could not have chosen a worse time to release the new SuperSuit... If it's not selling like hotcakes, as it should be, you have no one to blame but yourselves. The Supersuit is IMHO the single best item that Daz has ever come up with, apart from the line of human figures. You guys should have had the good sense to postpone the release of the suit another week or two or however long it would take to get this horrible mess you call a "Store" up and running properly.

Where's my gallery? Where's my freaking avatar? Where's my Platinum Club coupon?

Daz has always been my #1 place to shop, but every day that passes with no resolution to the site problems and nothing getting any better, I'm afraid my shopping days may be over for some time. You're not only loosing money now... you're driving your best customers away.

Comments

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited June 2012

I actually feel the same..

Not bought anything from here since the change over, as I don't feel confident to do so..

Spending lots at other stores though..:-)..

I think DAZ needs to do something quite major to restore customer confidence.

ATB.

SK.

Ehh...I can't paragraph my sentences any more, just get lumped together as one whole body of text...

Post edited by swordkensia on
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

I agree. I've completely stopped buying here. There's too much backward risk. I'm unwilling to purchase because it's on sale then off sale then on sale again within hours. I've always bought all of my DAZ items via Sales. I'd never pay full price for an item.

And it's also taken a major toll on my time. I spend X amount of time searching for an item that's the right price for my budget, and then I get that item into my cart and the price changes.

I can't imagine buying anything from DAZ again unless they can assure me that prices cannot fluctuate "accidentally" and they do something tangible to restore customer confidence. It's way too much of my time wasted and is really crippling to the creative process.

I spent over $150 at Renderosity yesterday, though! lol

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

I have bough over at "R" too. Until things have been fixed I am just too scared to buy here.

I really miss the store being held together with duct tape and string. :down:

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

Case in point -- I have $250 worth of stuff in my cart that should be around $180 based on pre-bug pricing. And now I'm having to go item by item finding a similar replacement for each item at another store. It's just really frustrating.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,313
    edited June 2012

Yep. And yesterday I spent a couple of hours fighting a slow and unresponsive store to rearrange and pick out as many items as I could afford; Only to have them go back to full price before I could check out. Sombody said it was a "mistake" that they were on sale but it still cost me time and effort; and not even a apology from DAZ for the "mistake".Guess my limited budget money will go elsewhere until things get a whole lot better (or they put everything back at 30% off like they had yesterday).

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have to agree I wanted the Fantasy Bath, which is on sale, maybe?? for 9.29, go to check out... nope, not on sale..13.xx.
    Also no PC voucher/coupon, whatever. Oh well, I will now go back to lurk mode. This is no longer amusing, it's a train wreck.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited June 2012

Yup, I'm with y'all... Not buying one thing more until this ******* mess is cleared up! They always do this to themselves too.. You would think they would learn! ... Build a beta site, invite some end users over to help get it spick and spanned up and THEN go live with most things working and fewer bugs to squash. But nope!! WE are their built in beta team and it's annoying the customer base and loosing them sales. Good going DAZ... Really, I mean it.... NOT !

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

I am also wondering about merchants who sell through DAZ and whether they have a case for compensation for lost sales due to this gross incompetence.

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

What annoys me is that noone from Daz is even coming on to talk about it and tell us where things are at, what's going on, nothing.
    A serious lack of communication, which was always the case even before this.
    Everything always has to be held close to the chest, for no good reason.

I still don't have any word on what's the ETA for the Supersuit arriving in my downloads from the MM BiA. Everyone else at least has the new toy to play with, but some are still waiting even for that.

• edited December 1969

I've bought a few items here in the last week with no problems at all.

• edited December 1969

I feel sad. It's like watching a friend struggle with a serious illness.

• edited December 1969

I feel sad. It's like watching a friend struggle with a serious illness.

They'll get it worked out. It'll just take a little while.

• RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

I've been patient so far, but an VERY DISAPPOINTED in the new system and the very limited features - I think this cart would be fine for a hardware store but for digital artists and products with inter-dependencies it is a DISASTER. If the old functionality and reliability are not restored soon, I will be spending my $ elsewhere.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

I've bought a few items here in the last week with no problems at all.

Wow, you must extremely lucky. Unfortunately, many can't report the same thing.

• edited December 1969

I like Charlie Sheen, but for sure, with this new website DAZ is not #winning.

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

And what the heck is going on with Plat Club monthly renewals?

I've had my monthly renewal auto paid with no problem since Oct 2007 and suddenly I'm no longer a Plat Club member. No warning, no explanation, nothing. I just made a manual payment on something I *thought* was the monthly renewal, but it was only $5 and some odd change -- and I'm still can't access the Members Forum for info, no voucher/coupon/whatever, no Plat Club discounts or Plat Club items.

To top it all off, the older Plat Club items I bought last week won't install.

So what did I just buy with that $5 plus?

If DAZ can send me emails on their new wonder suit thing, they can send me an email explaining what is going on in the store, what's wrong, what's fixable, what's pending, and maybe a little alert that I should check my Plat Club renewal status in case it got borked.

Looks like I won't be doing any spending, not even on Plat Club items, this month.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,506
    edited December 1969

I bought a few things in the last two days and I have not had any real problems. The only issue I had was a few days ago when the final confirmation step seemed to freeze and not complete. I checked my e-mail and the order had gone through, with the downloads available, so I just closed the window. The items were still in my cart when I came back, but I just removed them. Although it's tempting sometimes, remember never to click more than once on the final checkout button on any store or you might be billed twice.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

This thread has been up for 3 hours and I do not see an Admin with an answer to anything.

My guess is they have no answer.

I sure would like to know where my Coupon / Voucher or whatever is.

But I do I have to say that with the 20 or so items I have purchased, it has been done without a hitch. I am sure that is not going to last very long as it seems at my end everything is regressing, so I expect problems with purchases very soon.

• DAZ_Bcreek1DAZ_Bcreek1 Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

We understand the frustration as well. Many of the tools that worked in our test environment are simply not working the same right now. Our web development team has been working virtually night and day to fix issues.

I just spoke with the developer who is working on the problems with the Plat Club auto renewals. He hopes to have this fixed later today. We understand the frustration and will be providing a free month of PC membership. I know it's not a big amount but we understand that this is a frustration point with many of you.

As we make progress on fixing other issues, and refining the store we will be posting more information on what's been fixed.

I'm sorry for the frustration and problems. We want them fixed as well.

edited December 1969

We understand the frustration as well. Many of the tools that worked in our test environment are simply not working the same right now. Our web development team has been working virtually night and day to fix issues.

I just spoke with the developer who is working on the problems with the Plat Club auto renewals. He hopes to have this fixed later today. We understand the frustration and will be providing a free month of PC membership. I know it's not a big amount but we understand that this is a frustration point with many of you.

As we make progress on fixing other issues, and refining the store we will be posting more information on what's been fixed.

Well thank you for at least acknowledging our frustration and that you guys have stopped eating, drinking and using the restroom until we have some semblance of continuity in OUR store.

I know you guys are trying, but the longer this goes on the more frustrated we are all becoming, so please excuse our ranting and raving, it will be all over SOON, I am sure.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited June 2012

The greatest effrontery is there, the problems always be played down and everything will be meek.

Of course, I believe that in the background are all under high pressure working to get the problems solved. All would be still to understand if you have converted the shop from now on equal, but there were long the announcements to the new shop "around the corner" in the old forum.

Since one can assume as user already, that everything long and is extensively been tested with all eventualities. And then the whole can be represented simply as a medium-sized disaster.

I am although no friend of pirate pages, but their programmers understand to create at least pages that a degree of safety is guaranteed. Perhaps DAZ would have to ask times someone who understands this.

America is well known for "Hire and fire". I would like to get stuck now not in the skin of the programmer from the shop and the forums.

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited June 2012

I already told everybody how to fix everything in one simple step - but they are ignoring it.

Just release The Millennium Cow!

There's NO WAY The Millennium Cow would allow HER store to flounder in such a state. Everything would be fixed almost immediately upon release of The Millennium Cow.

So what are you waiting for?

MOOOOO!!

milcow.png
    800 x 600 - 785K
    Post edited by Sockratease on
    edited December 1969

Put on yer boots, it's gettin' high in here :coolsmirk:

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Whoa, it's Kali Cow! :coolcheese:

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited June 2012

ssgbryan said:
    RAMWolff said:
    Yup, I'm with y'all... Not buying one thing more until this ******* mess is cleared up! They always do this to themselves too.. You would think they would learn! ... Build a beta site, invite some end users over to help get it spick and spanned up and THEN go live with most things working and fewer bugs to squash. But nope!! WE are their built in beta team and it's annoying the customer base and loosing them sales. Good going DAZ... Really, I mean it.... NOT !

For DAZ to learn, they would have to realize that they made a mistake. As long a customers keep treating DAZ like Charlie Sheen and giving them pass after pass after pass, they aren't going to change their behavior - if they see their behavior as a mistake to begin with.

I got 2 items I am ready to buy. I ain't buying anything until I get my coupon, voucher, whatever they are calling it this week.

Last 3 years I'd spent somewhere between 200 $ and 600 $ a month at Daz. Yesterday my credit card bill came and showed me I'd spent 10 $ in May. Seems like some learning lesson ...

Post edited by Frank__ on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,313
    edited December 1969

Thanks for stopping by and at least acknowledging the problems/complaints of your customers. Hopefully when (if ever) the store gets back to a good working condition, you will consider compensating the rest of us (non- Platinum Club members) in some significant manner (and not just a measly $2 coupon) for all our trouble and frustration. Maybe a free PC membership, a free copy of Carrara 8 pro, a big storewide sale at 30% to 50% off, and/or a Buy One Get One Free coupon on ALL DAZ Originals including expensive stuff like Pro Bundles and Carrara Pro..

edited December 1969

Thanks for stopping by and at least acknowledging the problems/complaints of your customers. Hopefully when (if ever) the store gets back to a good working condition, you will consider compensating the rest of us (non- Platinum Club members) in some significant manner (and not just a measly $2 coupon) for all our trouble and frustration. Maybe a free PC membership, a free copy of Carrara 8 pro, a big storewide sale at 30% to 50% off, and/or a Buy One Get One Free coupon on ALL DAZ Originals including expensive stuff like Pro Bundles and Carrara Pro..

...and a brand new car

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I bought a few things in the last two days and I have not had any real problems. The only issue I had was a few days ago when the final confirmation step seemed to freeze and not complete. I checked my e-mail and the order had gone through, with the downloads available, so I just closed the window. The items were still in my cart when I came back, but I just removed them. Although it's tempting sometimes, remember never to click more than once on the final checkout button on any store or you might be billed twice.

I managed to get the Super suit before things went really haywire. After that I gave up trying to check out.

Also folks, remember, there is no script running in the background checking to see if you already bought something. I made that mistake once already. I now have to texture packs of the same for one of the new battle outfits that was released a couple of weeks ago now.. With the customer service and sales a mess right now not going to bother with it, it was a piddly amount so not overly upset but just goes to show you how much we have come to depend on that little notice page telling us we already bought something.... SIGH.... :ohh:

• edited December 1969

Tend to agree this new site sucks but as I recall I did not like the change when they changed before BUT I could at least find things. Took a while to find fast grab. Only a hand full of platinum items show up. Takes forever to open a page, reminds me of internet before DSL and cable connections. Then you get "Site down" !! Wanted to buy Fantasy Bath with last months voucher But did not feel confident that if I did spend the time and order that the site would cooperate.