Hey Daz, what's up with your servers ?

CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Since yesterday there are immense problems to download some purchases.
E.g. for 14874_HipAndHappeningTextures_1.0_ds.exe I tried 10 times and it was always broken (max. I got was 82MB).
Can anybody please tell me how big this file is !?!
I think problems are not on my side because I can download from e.g. rendo without having broken dls.
And when will the issue be fixed that file sizes are not displayed ? It's really annoying :-(

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited September 2012

When was the last time you tried?

Have you tried using another Browser?

Have you tried logging out, clearing your cache and logging back in?

I ask only cause I was able to get 7 files totaling 586MB yesterday without issues. All downloaded at maximum speed for me.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

Yes I tried everything.
    I'm in Germany ... ISP Telekom DSL 1MBit/s
    Last time I tried was about 1 hour ago and x times before the whole afternoon LOL

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, Im out of suggestions then.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Normally the essential thing is to close your browser and clear the cache, because a partial download will stay in your computers cache memory and subsequent attempts to download will fail at a similar point if you don't do this.

Like Matty I have been doing a lot of downloading, as I am reinstalling stuff to a new PC, and have had no problems, and I have a lousy broadband connection compared to most.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603
    edited December 1969

I'm in the UK and downloads have been terrible for me today.

I bought quite a few items and I kept getting messages from IE saying downloads had been interrupted. I finally got everyting downloaded after lots of retries.

And when you run out of attempts the resets are not helped by the way the itemised order history works now. Its in alphabetical order and you can't search or sort it. You have to page through it which is tedious if you've been buying from Daz as long as I have!

edited December 1969

I bought 17 items today with a total of 32 files.
    About 8 out of the 32 files was big trouble to download (and yep, resetting something in the item history is a ....).
    My assumption is that files are on different servers and one of them seems to have problems.
    DAZ should check their server logs!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I bought quite a few items and I kept getting messages from IE saying downloads had been interrupted. I finally got everyting downloaded after lots of retries.

And when you run out of attempts the resets are not helped by the way the itemised order history works now. Its in alphabetical order and you can't search or sort it. You have to page through it which is tedious if you've been buying from Daz as long as I have!

Well I am in the UK as well and as I said in one of the worst places for broadband speed in Wales. We rate in the top twelve worst areas. The only difference is that I haven't used IE for a good many years. I use FireFox IE does seem to be more problemsome with downloading than other browsers. Amongst my downloads in the last couple of days has been Bryce which is quite a large download, but had no problems.
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Well I am in the UK as well and as I said in one of the worst places for broadband speed in Wales. We rate in the top twelve worst areas. The only difference is that I haven't used IE for a good many years. I use FireFox IE does seem to be more problemsome with downloading than other browsers. Amongst my downloads in the last couple of days has been Bryce which is quite a large download, but had no problems.

OOH! I smell new machine in that comment.

Kendall

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

The entire site has been slow as hell for me for a couple of days, it takes a minute or so just to get into the forums and a couple of minutes to open any thread, so crapping out on downloads and a very slow site could be related.

edited December 1969

Hope someone at DAZ headquarters reads this and takes care ;-)

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

I dunno, but I wish they'd fix it. I'm trying to BUY SOMETHING from them, and I can't even get through the checkout (this is after struggling to even view products).

• winmathwinmath Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

The servers were completely down for a while today. I kept getting redirected to a web caching service that didn't actually have a cached copy of the site.

DAZ should extend the sale for another day.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I thought daz had been undergoing a denial of service attack since yesterday. I have had periodic trouble getting online since then. IT may be regional, but it really has been having problems since yesterday am.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

It's not just DAZ. Many banks and business using the same servers have been hit. Fortunately, DAZ has been on top of it and fixing faster than the other businesses.

Kinda doesn't help that 10k+ downloads happening at once :P

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

I don't think anyone would bother with a DOS attack on DAZ. It's not like they're some worldwide megacorporation or anything.

• rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Well, I tried to buy something yesterday and had big problems to pay it, store pages took several minutes to load (not to mention Magento and server error messages). But astonishingly the actual download was rather fast (over 1MB/s).
    Today on the other hand the site just wasn't there till recently: "Website unavailable", "403 Forbidden" and other messages. Ping to DAZ3D was normal though, so it's apparently just the HTTP service which crashed.

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

I get the green alien when I try to come to Daz directly (as opposed through a forum link).

5 of my downloads yesterday were corrupt and I had to download them again today. This has happened to me only a couple of times in the 8 years I've been buying from Daz.

It's also been very, very slow at times.

I'm in Canada, and I am not imagining things.

edited December 1969

Hey wow, DAZ site is back after maintenance and it works pretty smooth.
    I even could download my last missing file which made so much trouble yesterday.
    Have a nice weekend everyone :-)

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same issues on 9/29/12- around 12 PM California time. I bought 4 items-one success- 3 failures. I get partial downloads that won't unzip. Firefox, OSX 10.6.8

Since yesterday there are immense problems to download some purchases.
    E.g. for 14874_HipAndHappeningTextures_1.0_ds.exe I tried 10 times and it was always broken (max. I got was 82MB).
    Can anybody please tell me how big this file is !?!
    I think problems are not on my side because I can download from e.g. rendo without having broken dls.
    And when will the issue be fixed that file sizes are not displayed ? It's really annoying :-(
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

I can download fine. Haven't tried the store today, but no problems yesterday (other than the slowness).

Today is like a flashback. Things they seemed to have had fixed, before. But just minor stuff, so far, for me.

I had to clear my cache and cookies to get in. I'm getting logged out of the store and forums. And my topic reply emails are sporadic.

It's different stuff for different people, and some are trouble-free. That's going to make it a bugger to fix. (Unless their old notes help).

Edit: And I'm not getting PM notification emails. :coolmad:

Post edited by T Jaiman on