Problem with reopening DAZ character on another PC

stephane.romastephane.roma Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

As said in the title of the topic, I have problems when I want to open a DAZ character (done on my PC) on another PC. The model appears empty. Someone had this problem yet? Can you help me?

Thanks a lot for your answers I hope fast. :)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you are talking about a .DAZ Scene file, then that is the problem. DS needs access to the 'data' folder from the machine that created the scene.

• stephane.romastephane.roma Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So what's the solution for my problem?
    How can I do to work on a character on several PCs?
    Thanks a lot

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If all the computers in question are yours and under your roof, then the easiest way would be to install all your content and data folders to a central location....like a network attached drive or a shared folder.

edited December 1969

Can it be a solution to put the DAZ character files on the Public Documents of my PC ?

edited December 1969

And what about the new format of DAZ characters (.duf) ? Is still the same problem with this file format?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK, not a DS user, but wasn't there something about the new Dson fromat that would help in circumstances like this.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I think in some cases the DUF format does not need the data folder, but it would still need the runtime folders to be in a particular place I think.

@stephane.roma
    Why not try it and see if it works?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The .duf files will go back to the Poser versions and recreate the Data files if they aren't there, so as long as you have the original content installed, they won't have this problem.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can it be a solution to put the DAZ character files on the Public Documents of my PC ?

Only if on the other computer DS is looking for content folders there.