PC sale early too?

pantenepantene Posts: 195
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So the PA sale was one month ahead, and it's almost over. What about the PC sale? Will it start early too? Here are 2 reasons why I think it should: a) The biggest event of the year (IMHO) would end with a bang at Halloween. b) November Madness is too close to Christmas for me. I remember holding back on some DAZ items I wanted by the end of November because I had to financially plan Christmas gifts and events. Opinions? How about it, DAZ?

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

isn't the PC sale next month?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

The PC Sale has always been in October. The PA Sale use to be in November but was moved to September for the first time this year.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

There will be no November madness this year.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

As Matty says the PC sale is always October, because it is the PC anniversary sale, and as the PC was inaugurated in October 2002, October is the anniversary month

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

So Pantene, considering the PC sale is just a couple of days away... No, I do not believe it can possibly be any earlier lol

• pantenepantene Posts: 195
    edited December 1969

Sorry. My mistake. I knew I had tough decisions to make at the end of November, but it was on account of the PA sale, not the PC sale. So my wish was granted before I knew it. Now, my poor credit card will have the whole month of November to recover. Nice going, DAZ. Now I just have to renew my membership when the sale starts.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited September 2012

pantene said:
    Sorry. My mistake. I knew I had tough decisions to make at the end of November, but it was on account of the PA sale, not the PC sale. So my wish was granted before I knew it. Now, my poor credit card will have the whole month of November to recover. Nice going, DAZ. Now I just have to renew my membership when the sale starts.

You are, of course, assuming that DAZ isn't hatching some new evil scheme to part you from your money in November.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

You are, of course, assuming that DAZ isn't hatching some new evil scheme to part you from your money in November.

What do you know? WHAT DO YOU KNOW??!?!?!?

OK, you don't have to tell us anything ...

If you need me, I'll be over here, doing CPR on my credit card ...

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

you know they always have SOMETHING planned. The scale is all that varies. I bet every month will continue to have new content and some assortment of promotions to keep people spending. Then there is also the focused/themed releases like V5/M5/Hitomi/Hawaii/Birds/SuperSuit etc. So while there may not be a sale everyday, I know they will find ways to get the $$ flowing. Even if it's stuff that's not all that needed they will find make it seem irresistible.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a David5 in November and a flood of accessories. Or maybe Hitomi's boyfriend will finally get released and new anime items will hit the market. Whether daz goes it alone or works with Pa's they will find a way to keep us entertained.

For all you know november could be zombie themed releases with bundles of gore, but I doubt that one myself.

edited December 1969

Scene: DAZ 3D Global HQ, in a semi-extinct mud volcano somewhere in Utah
    Kevin is sitting behind a massive marble desk, in a massive black leather chair, using a stack of old DAZ calendars to raise him up to desk level
    Enter Richard Haseltine

Richard: Gee, Kevin, what do you want to do tonight?

Kevin: The same thing we do every night, Richard - try to unflate the members wallets!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Kevin: The same thing we do every night, Richard - try to unflate the members wallets!

More to the point than what I said.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited September 2012

Kevin is sitting behind a massive marble desk, in a massive black leather chair ...

This is pretty much how I always pictured it.

Does Kevin have a white Persian cat to stroke while he ponders his master plan?

I also assume that there's some kind of countdown clock, indicating the estimated number of days left until DAZ acquires all their customers' money.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

< snicker >

Drat, and here I was expecting an Invader Zim schtick...

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Cannot unflate my wallet. I no haz wallet, I haz Pony. Pony iz already unflated. ;-P

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    Does Kevin have a white Persian cat to stroke while he ponders his master plan?

May want to tone it down. They don't want us to know Kevin's in charge. :grrr:

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

With all Daz Originals at Fast Grab price for the whole month of November including bundles? :cheese:

edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:

With all Daz Originals at Fast Grab price for the whole month of November including bundles? :cheese:

Kevin stopped providing details of his plans after I ran away and ruined the "dangle Richard from a helicopter so he can get incriminating photos of low-spenders" scheme.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

What happens in the annual PC sale?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:
    What happens in the annual PC sale?

Well, given that things are so terribly different from past years because of the new site, no one really knows WHAT will happen. In the past, there have been (all for PC members, of course) free items, special bonuses for renewing during Anniversary month, sales, etc.

One of the best in the last few years (but again, who knows if it'll happen this year), in my opinion, was "PC Pricing for a day", where PC members got a selection of items (mostly Daz Originals but some PA items as well) given to us that we got to vote on. The winners (each day) would be on sale for 24 hrs at PC pricing ($1.99). That sometimes included big bundles.

Also there have been extra vouchers thrown out through the month (though with the new "coupons" and their awful restrictions, I don't see that being a big whooptie-do) and something where you got a payback (given in early December) in the form of a voucher based on your purchases during October and the number of years you've been a PC member. Again, though, the thought of getting a big coupon that's only good on Daz Originals and has to be used in one cart purchase makes that not very exciting a prospect either, to me.....

Of course, the last 2 years, by this time we were all getting very excited about the sale because there had been a thread up for a week already talking about what was going to happen during the sale....

This year, Nothing...

So, we'll see...

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited October 2012

I think it'll be a sudden barrage. HERE'S A DEAL, HERE'S A DEAL, HERE'S ANOTHER DEAL.
    And we'll be milling around in the confusion, totally surrounded and overwhelmed, waving our credit cards in the air, screaming desperately at the top of our lungs, "Take our money, please don't hurt us"

... or something.

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited October 2012

Kevin is sitting behind a massive marble desk, in a massive black leather chair, using a stack of old DAZ calendars to raise him up to desk level
    Enter Richard Haseltine

Heehee...Thanks, Richard!! Now I have Pinky and the Brain theme song tormenting me mercilessly!! LOL :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 1969

Enter Richard Haseltine

Heehee...Thanks, Richard!! Now I have Pinky and the Brain theme song tormenting me mercilessly!! LOL :)

Go buy something, it will distract you.

(This message brought to you by Kevin-vox Implants Inc)