Anaglyphs - red and cyan glasses required to view.

1235»

Comments

• shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    This is the Gremlin's Hall, an older render (see http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4379 ) made up as anaglyph. Now I also undertand why it was so difficult to set up the lights.

The toe-in angle is set for something very near to the eyes. Therefore, the eyes have a bit of a problem to focus. Also, the distance between the eyes is large, around double of an human. This makes the gremlins small (they are small guys, after all) and their cave huge.

Best start at the lower left corner, where the landscape is nearest. Then move on to the waving guy, then continue right until you get the sitting chap fucused. At this time, foreground and middleground are easy to behold. Now move up your eyes and discover how vast this cave actually is.

That's incredible, took me a couple of minutes to get the focus, but what a revelation. :)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I find many of the images take a bit of getting used to. Here is an anaglypherized version of one of the updated Bryce 7 Pro scenes I provided for my first tutorial product East Coast HDRI

Eastcoast_update_5_TA_anaglypherized.jpg
    750 x 422 - 410K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,115
    edited December 1969

shaykall said:
    That's incredible, took me a couple of minutes to get the focus, but what a revelation. :)

Thank you. Yes, it's not easy but I think the reward is worth the trouble.

edited December 1969

Using Stonemason's Urban Future 4 viewing from 2 different angles, and 2 Victorias. Anaglyphs directly rendered in Bryce using the ALST+.

WeeHoursBa.jpg
    800 x 600 - 134K
    WeeHoursAa.jpg
    800 x 600 - 137K
    edited December 1969

This one worked surprisingly well - and I don't think I remembered to post it before. No doubt the forums image compression will degrade it for me. But I think you can click on the image to see it full sized.

B7_1_0_109_p35_s3_v2_anaglypherized.jpg
    1280 x 640 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Cthulhu Rising http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cthulhu-rising/

Bridged from DAZ studio 4.5 to Bryce 7.1 Pro and rendered with new lighting (as explained in my latest video tutorials) http://www.youtube.com/user/davidbrinnen/videos?flow=grid&view=0

And using this product http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-pro-true-3d-rendering

Bronze_TA_test3_ana1.jpg
    700 x 800 - 672K
    edited December 1969

Great setting. The feet or claws reach the screen plane, the beast protrudes. Very nice example that protruding parts must not hit the frame.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Very nice David. Heck, they're all very nice. Well done. Now when the bank allows I'll jump in with both feet.

edited December 1969

Guss, at least watching the video's doesn't cost you anything except your sanity...

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Guss, at least watching the video's doesn't cost you anything except your sanity...

That's so true, David. And thank you and Horo, and everyone whose produced one. They're a great help. Now if I could only find a mind that was more sponge like. ;-)

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    Now if I could only find a mind that was more sponge like. ;-)

Don't look at me. Mine's a sieve. :)
    edited December 1969

Vicki - now in 3D.

Vicky_on_her_back_two_1_shift_90_2_ana1.jpg
    1133 x 850 - 374K
    edited December 1969

Thanks to Graham's initial discovery, and Mark's investigations, and Horo's labour. Here's this happy chap from the Stanford repository.

Bronze_TA_test3_ana1_b.jpg
    500 x 800 - 212K
    edited December 1969

Due to choosing a very high resolution model 425 mb then applying a curvature filtered material to it and passing it through the anaglyph lens system - the render too... about... 22 hours. On and off. I kept coming back to it when I wasn't using the computer to render other things. Again thanks to Graham, Mark and Horo - for finding, researching and converting, respectively this wonderful model from the Stanford Scanning Repository.

Bronze_TA_test3_ana1_c.jpg
    500 x 800 - 199K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2012

@David
    I recall this image, as it, at one time, formed part of an actual coffee table 'base' with glass table that I forever laid down-upon countless mugs of coffee. It had an 'ivory' (which I support is illegal and un-justified) look to it.

On the anaglyph version, sorry; while I love your previous anaglyph renders - simply incredible - this one doesn't do it for this one's eye (perhaps, it's due to the monotonous tone in the colour, which you've correctly captured?). I'm supposing that certain coloured images , or materials, cannot be correctly be re presented in 3D anaglyphs.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@David - the three anaglyphs look good to me. If Vicky's foot would protrude that would be an awesome effect.

edited December 1969

Thank you. It seems not everyone sees the anaglyphs the same way. Indeed certain ones I cannot see at all, yet others report a good effect. The same appears to be true of 3D at the local cinema. To me the system looks fantastic, others report no effect or in extreme cases headaches. Never mind. Now... Vicky's foot. Yes, I could stick her foot out, indeed I will try it. But I strongly suspect that it will have a shrinking effect on the figure. We will see. Horo is the second to suggest this modification, so it seems reasonable to comply.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - the three anaglyphs look good to me. If Vicky's foot would protrude that would be an awesome effect.

Remade to make her foot protrude.

Vicky_on_her_back_two_1_shift_90_2_ana2.jpg
    1133 x 850 - 370K
    edited September 2012

Remade to make her foot protrude.

Well, that's more than the foot. Actually, it starts protruding at her left upper arm. I like it - more dramatic.

EDIT - after looking at the full size, she actually protrudes completely.

Post edited by Horo on