Which Content to Install

shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi guys, I have a pretty basic question (well actually I have about 4 basic questions but don't want to look like a complete dork just yet),

My computer crashed last weekend and I had to get a new motherboard and CPU and I boosted the ram a little as well.
I have been reinstalling stuff and the first program I put in was Bryce, but I am a little confused, over the years since I bought my original version of Bryce Pro there were some upgrades to Bryce and Content.
While looking in the folder for the Bryce Pro install file I came across 2 Bryce content files as well as Bryce Lightning files

One was Bryce Content 7.0.0.21 win
the other was Bryce Pro Content 7.0.0.19
Am I right in assuming the one I need to install is the Bryce Pro file even though the version number is smaller?

I will get to the other questions later :)

As always any and all help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Actually you should install both content packages since each has different stuff in it. Also don't forget to grab the bryce content packs that are still free in the store even if they say version 5 and 5.5 they all still work in 7 just fine.

• shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Actually you should install both content packages since each has different stuff in it. Also don't forget to grab the bryce content packs that are still free in the store even if they say version 5 and 5.5 they all still work in 7 just fine.

Hi Grey
    thank you, will head off and do that now

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,104
    edited December 1969

shaykall said:
    Hi guys, I have a pretty basic question (well actually I have about 4 basic questions but don't want to look like a complete dork just yet),

My computer crashed last weekend and I had to get a new motherboard and CPU and I boosted the ram a little as well.
    I have been reinstalling stuff and the first program I put in was Bryce, but I am a little confused, over the years since I bought my original version of Bryce Pro there were some upgrades to Bryce and Content.
    While looking in the folder for the Bryce Pro install file I came across 2 Bryce content files as well as Bryce Lightning files

One was Bryce Content 7.0.0.21 win
    the other was Bryce Pro Content 7.0.0.19
    Am I right in assuming the one I need to install is the Bryce Pro file even though the version number is smaller?

I will get to the other questions later :)

As always any and all help is greatly appreciated

If I remember right, 7.0.0.19 is the content a couple of brycers contributed for the launch of Bryce 7.0. Content 7.0.0.21 is additional content only for the 7.1 Pro version when we still had PLE, Standard and Pro.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

Bringing this one back up with a question, Does anyone know what size these 2 downloads should be. Please.

Added to that does anyone know how big the actual Brcye & Pro download should be.

I am not trusting the downloads I am getting, and My original download is apprenetly on the external that dies.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Bringing this one back up with a question, Does anyone know what size these 2 downloads should be. Please.

Added to that does anyone know how big the actual Brcye & Pro download should be.

I am not trusting the downloads I am getting, and My original download is apprenetly on the external that dies.

If my downloads came through correctly they are:

Bryce 7.1.0.109 Win32 is 253mb

BryceContent 7.0.0.21 Win is 670mb

BryceProContent 7.0.0.19 Win is 17.2mb

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that, so I got one out of 3 right so far :roll: this is going to be fun I can see. Should know better than to try downloading on Monday morning (UK time) with my ISP