Editing Member Profiles?

Docsmith626Docsmith626 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Okay. My avatar and profile appear pretty much gone. Is there a mechanism to fix that?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You have too re enter it yourself. Avatars aren't working at the moment, nor are banners.

• Docsmith626Docsmith626 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Chohole/

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Anything that requires you to post an image isn't working atm. They are working to get it fix.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

Well smileys are working for me.>:-(

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Smileys are part of the forum itself. Any images you or I might want to add, including avatars, are currently broken.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited May 2012

Actually, images are now working in posts -but the resizing code isn't, so they need to be kept to 800 pixels or less on width and height.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

I cannot get my images to work in my signature.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yeah, avatars and banners are still not functional.

edited December 1969

But you can add lolcats and loldogs

funny_cat_ewok.jpg
    500 x 334 - 33K
    edited December 1969

I tried adding this as my avatar but could not. I know it is not something that shows how great Photoshop is, but I made it in less than five seconds.

realsimpleavatar.jpg
    100 x 100 - 3K
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited December 1969

I'm trying the FAST REPLY to see what it does, since nobody seems to know.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited December 1969

That did not seem so fast... anti-climatic actually.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

That did not seem so fast... anti-climatic actually.

No weather controlling on the new forums!

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

I can't seem to edit my profile at all. Not even to add/change my signature.

edited December 1969

Are you getting error's or is it just not updating?

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited May 2012

I can't even find the place to edit it, clicking on the profile button just shows me what everybody else sees. Of course, it is entirely possible that I am going wrong way about the business.

Edit: Yep, me stoopid. Just found it. Silly Byrdie!

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Somehow my username changed by itself. :blank:

edited December 1969

JC Soto said:
    Somehow my username changed by itself. :blank:

What was it before? I forgot.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Does the User name and Password page of your profile not work? (Don't put anything in the [password fields unless you want to change that). If not, PM me and I know I can fix it.

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

No, it doesn't let me change it. It says the password is wrong, either if I type it or not.:down:
    More than recovering the old username, I'd like just plain "Hellboy". :)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Are you getting error's or is it just not updating?

I am getting an error when I try. I am entering my right password. I also cannot figure out how to change my password.

errorpassword.jpg
    469 x 181 - 20K
  • stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

I'm just happy to be able to post, I can wait for all the superfluous attachments when the got things fixed, until than it's nice to at least be able to communicate in this manner.

edited December 1969

I tried changing my user name without putting in a password and got an error. I tried just putting my password in without changing the user name and got pretty much the error I posted earlier.
    How can I change my password?

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited December 1969

I tried changing my user name without putting in a password and got an error. I tried just putting my password in without changing the user name and got pretty much the error I posted earlier.

Have you tried a different browser? I've had wretched login issues myself in Opera, now I'm using chrome...
    !_TZOKHEGIN2.jpg
    100 x 78 - 8K
    edited December 1969

We were getting this error but we though it was fixed. Have you submitted a bug report?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

We were getting this error but we though it was fixed. Have you submitted a bug report?

Might be a stupid question, how do I submit a bug report?

edited December 1969

https://bugs.daz3d.com select from the drop down on the right hand side "DAZ Web Search"

edited December 1969

But do check through the list and make sure that there isn't already a bug report on the same isssue. If there is, then you only need add a note to the one that is already there.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    https://bugs.daz3d.com select from the drop down on the right hand side "DAZ Web Search"

Firefox has remembered the password but not the user name of the bug site. I had to look up the user name.

I had to search my email for the word bugs but also found emails dealing with six legged bugs that are nasty and ugly.

edited December 1969

I started a txt file with all my usernames and passwords and have them stored in a safe location. I always forget them. I hate clearing out cookies and cache because I have to dig it out again.