Merlin's Monument issues?

SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I am confused ... ok, so it doesn't take a lot, but ...
Running DS4.5 beta (4.5.0.137) 64-bit (in Win 7).

If I load the monument from Smart Content (File) using the "Ready to Render" category all is well with either monument03.daz or the monument04.daz files.
However, if I fo to Environment> Architecture> Complete and load !Scene.daz it is unable to find a list of entries under the data/ path. Same thing if I go to Environment> Architecture> External and load Monument.daz. Confusing, huh? Hold on, it gets worse ... in the SAME category (Environment> Architecture> External) if I load Monument01.daz or Monument02.daz they work without issue.

Post edited by SimonJM on

Comments

• Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I am confused ... ok, so it doesn't take a lot, but ...
    Running DS4.5 beta (4.5.0.137) 64-bit (in Win 7).

If I load the monument from Smart Content (File) using the "Ready to Render" category all is well with either monument03.daz or the monument04.daz files.
    However, if I fo to Environment> Architecture> Complete and load !Scene.daz it is unable to find a list of entries under the data/ path. Same thing if I go to Environment> Architecture> External and load Monument.daz. Confusing, huh? Hold on, it gets worse ... in the SAME category (Environment> Architecture> External) if I load Monument01.daz or Monument02.daz they work without issue.

Just noticed this post Simon, sorry...I'm looking into it and I'll get back to you...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Just noticed this post Simon, sorry...I'm looking into it and I'll get back to you...

Ok, thanks

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Ok, thanks

OK, that's been fixed now, should be updated today.

edited December 1969

Excellent, thank you.

edited December 1969

Any news on this? Did a reset today, still version 1.0 and the issues still happen.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Any news on this? Did a reset today, still version 1.0 and the issues still happen.

This should have been updated by Daz last week...I'll have a word, see what the hold up is.

edited December 1969

Ok, thanks

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Ok, thanks

Ugh, I've been told by the 'powers that be' that it'll be updated...soon...I'll keep you posted! Sorry about this.

edited December 1969

Not a problem, and nothing of your doing and it does not prevent the use of the model.
    It'll be done when it's done. :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Not a problem, and nothing of your doing and it does not prevent the use of the model.
    It'll be done when it's done. :)

Ok, NOW it's been updated :)

edited December 1969

It's certainly version 1.1 ... downloading now! :)
    Thanks for getting it sorted out.

edited December 1969

Well, it's different ... ow the metadata/smart content is totally screwed!!! Nothing, absolutely nothing under any category except Props (which now load without issue at least), Lights, Cameras and Animals, so per the product page:

You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:
    “Cameras” <--- <span style="color:green">yes
    “Environments:Architecture:Exterior” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Environments:Landscape” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Figures:Animals:Air” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Lights:Exterior” <-- <span style="color:green">yes
    “Materials:Props” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Props:Furnishings” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Ready to Render:Landscape” <--- <span style="color:red">no

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Well, it's different ... ow the metadata/smart content is totally screwed!!! Nothing, absolutely nothing under any category except Props (which now load without issue at least), Lights, Cameras and Animals, so per the product page:

You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:
    “Cameras” <--- <span style="color:green">yes
    “Environments:Architecture:Exterior” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Environments:Landscape” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Figures:Animals:Air” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Lights:Exterior” <-- <span style="color:green">yes
    “Materials:Props” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Props:Furnishings” <--- <span style="color:red">no
    “Ready to Render:Landscape” <--- <span style="color:red">no

Hmmm, I've just installed it on a clean install of DS 4.5 and it works fine. Can you access everything via the Content Library? Did you make sure all instances of the set were deleted before you installed the new copy?

edited October 2012

The install (done it twice now, plus another manual processing of the metadata) uninstalled previous versions, so hopefully all was cleared down.
    The install of DS4.5 beta I did was an upgrade of the 4.5 (so-called stable) version Ihad, but I did not 'customize' the CMS install so I had my old CMS carried forward. I hope to hell this does not mean I will no longer be able to use metadata/CMS for any new product!

Happily I have a fresh install of DS4.5 beta ... so, let's see what we get under Smart Content with that:
    “Cameras” <—- <span style="color:green">yes
    “Environments:Architecture:Exterior” <—- <span style="color:orange">yes-ish, the skydome is shown
    “Environments:Landscape” <—- <span style="color:red">no, category does not exist
    “Figures:Animals:Air” <—- <span style="color:orange">no, category does not exist, but the Finch appears under Animals:Real-World:Air
    “Lights:Exterior” <—<span style="color:green">yes
    “Materials:Props” <—- <span style="color:red">no
    “Props:Furnishings” <—- <span style="color:orange">no, but Monument items show up under basic Props:Architecture category
    “Ready to Render:Landscape” <—- <span style="color:red">no, category does not exist, but there is a Scene: Ready to Render ... but nothing in there for Monument.

So, good news/bad news ;)

I use Smart Content, Files categories, NOT Products.

If I look under Products on the clean install I do see Environments:Architecture:Exterior with an entry for Monument which then expands when selected to show, presumably, all the items. But since I loathe and detest that view I seem to be rather stuffed :(

Post edited by SimonJM on
    edited December 1969

I set all of my sets up in Daz Studio 2 to make them as compatible as possible so that would explain why the metadata is sketchy. I can see this is something I'll have to revise for my next project :)

edited December 1969

I set all of my sets up in Daz Studio 2 to make them as compatible as possible so that would explain why the metadata is sketchy. I can see this is something I'll have to revise for my next project :)

I thought DAZ had a team that did that?

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Yep, you're apparently right. I thought I was missing something for a minute there.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Yep, you're apparently right. I thought I was missing something for a minute there.

Should I raise a bug report or do you want to poke them with a(nother) stick?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

You could submit a support ticket and they will look into it.

edited December 1969

Ok thanks Frank, will do.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

I've just been in contact with the QA people...again...and they've told me that the metadata is all there and everything is working properly with the set. They've suggested that you re-import the metadata, which I gather you've already done. So as Frank says, submitting a support ticket is probably the way to go. Lets hope the support guys can fix your problem :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

I've just been in contact with the QA people...again...and they've told me that the metadata is all there and everything is working properly with the set. They've suggested that you re-import the metadata, which I gather you've already done. So as Frank says, submitting a support ticket is probably the way to go. Lets hope the support guys can fix your problem :)

Here's hoping! Thanks for the assistance (not to mention all the lovely models!) :)