Horo or someone, please Help installing Bryce 5 from a CD {SOLVED}

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited September 2012 in Bryce Discussion

I have Bryce 5 on the original CDs Corel CDs. Windows 7 is not recognising the first disc to install the program

Any Idea how I can get over this. I love my Bryce 5

And of course although I still have 5.5 in my order history, I don't have a serial number for it in my serial numbers. arrrgh.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Hopefully it's not the CD that's corrupted.
    Have or can you try it in another computer to double check?

Or there are disc utilities that will show you even unmounted discs as long as they are in the drive (if you have anything like a 'system profiler' you may be able to see and unmounted disc in the lost of devices), you can then click a button in the software to mount them and it will kind of force mount them.
    Sorry I can't give you any suggestions as to what may be available for Windows though.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

I can read the CD, it seems Windoze is just not recognising it as a program installation disc. It is obviously an old CD, purchased in 2001

edited September 2012

OK, with David's help I have now got Bryce 5 up and running.

All I need to do now is remember how I managed to get it to use the whole area of my PC screen, instead of sitting all tiny in the middle.

It's been a few years since I did it. :red:

And solved that as well, so now I am up and running again in Br 5, only 5.5, 6 and 7 to install now.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

And of course although I still have 5.5 in my order history, I don't have a serial number for it in my serial numbers. arrrgh.

Have you looked in My Account > My Serial Numbers? I have 18 serial numbers, Free Bryce 5.0 is among them (I had purchased the Bryce 5.0 from Corel in German and later got the English version free from DAZ 3D).

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited September 2012

chohole said:
    OK, with David's help I have now got Bryce 5 up and running.

All I need to do now is remember how I managed to get it to use the whole area of my PC screen, instead of sitting all tiny in the middle.

It's been a few years since I did it. :red:

And solved that as well, so now I am up and running again in Br 5, only 5.5, 6 and 7 to install now.

Okay so now that we got the important stuff out of the way....how are you liking it? Go on brag about your new machine and how gloriously fast it is. Go ahead and tell Adam and all your other peers that bragged on their machines "How ya like me now?" It's okay you're entitled. :)

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    chohole said:

Have you looked in My Account > My Serial Numbers? I have 18 serial numbers, Free Bryce 5.0 is among them (I had purchased the Bryce 5.0 from Corel in German and later got the English version free from DAZ 3D).

No serial for 5.5 in there. I had Corel Bryce 5, so didn't buy that from DAZ 3D, but did get the upgrade to 5.5, but no serial in sight. Have one for 6 and 7, not problem, just 5.5 is missing. I wonder if it will work on my Bryce 5 serial number ?

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Cho, don't forget your cd's for bryce 4 even if only for the KPT3 filters! I had totally forgotten that bryce worked with some of the old photoshop filters.

edited December 1969

Good point, I must find them as well, I only have about a zillion cds to go through to find them.