Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited September 2012

Going to get the bundle, I think. Have to get ready for work now, or I'll be late!

Edited to add: Mine! Mine! All mine! Mhuahahahahaha!

But I don't get to play until I get home from work tonight. :down:

Post edited by zigraphix on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited September 2012

Just a very quick render.

Have to go out, so no more time to play.:-)

The Newly Weds

Happy_Couple.jpg
    600 x 600 - 257K
    Post edited by Wilmap on
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Just a very quick render.

Have to go out, so no more time to play.:-)

The Newly Weds

Very sweet!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    . . . anyone who buys the bundle during the intro sale period will receive the Just Posh product for free. The coupon is not there yet, but I'm sure it will be soon . . .

Didn't get a coupon, it just gave Posh to me free (had nothing but the bundle and Posh in the cart). Thanks oodles!

At work, can't play with this till tonight . . . :shut:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    . . . anyone who buys the bundle during the intro sale period will receive the Just Posh product for free. The coupon is not there yet, but I'm sure it will be soon . . .

Didn't get a coupon, it just gave Posh to me free (had nothing but the bundle and Posh in the cart). Thanks oodles!

At work, can't play with this till tonight . . . :shut:

AH HAH.. that's why I got that automatic discount at checkout. Looks like I DID get it for free then! WOOT! :-) Nice renders folks.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Oh boy, this is gonna take a while. 'Cause I got an idea I absolutely HAVE to use!

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Marieah and SickleYield for such an awesome suit! :)

Perfect for a certain mild-mannered reporter from Kansas. ;)

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

very nice product, and very happy with this purchase.

given the complexity of all the layering can you post some tips or the used settings for a few of the promo renders (for the main business suit promo image)?

or even better post some scene files so we can see what settings were used? i'm having a bit of poke through, I can't seem to get the shirt tucked in and the belt in the loops without poke through, and i'm sure it just getting the settings right.

thanks in advance

Post edited by 3d-username on
    edited September 2012

very nice product, and very happy with this purchase.

given the complexity of all the layering can you post some tips or the used settings for a few of the promo renders (for the main business suit promo image)?

or even better post some scene files so we can see what settings were used? i'm having a bit of poke through, I can't seem to get the shirt tucked in and the belt in the loops without poke through, and i'm sure it just getting the settings right.

thanks in advance

Top tip for the belt is that you must fit it to the pants and not to Genesis. Use a combination of the belt morphs and the pants belt loop morphs to ge them right. Ignore the shirt while doing this. If you want to undo the belt, those morphs exactly match the pants morphs of the same name.

For the shirt, you can use the tuck in shirt mat pose along with the "under jacket" morphs, the tuck in morphs and also the morphs to raise and lower the actual tuck depending on whether your pants are default or morphed high waisted or hipster.

It takes a while to get used to all those morphs. Just work at it patiently until you get the result you want. That's all I ever did while doing the promos. Settings depend on your character morph, your pose, and the suit style morphs chosen so are meaningless from one scene to another.
    Always pose your character first.

One more tip is to always fit the hanky to the jacket, not Genesis.

Post edited by Marieah on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

I have a question.

I love the look of the sets, can see the huge amount of work that went into making them, and already have much of SickleYield's V4, M4 and Genesis clothing from Renderosity and a number of Marieah's texture products, so know the products will be of very high quality. This is clothing I really want for Genesis, and I have the bundle-plus-Just-Posh sitting in my cart just waiting for me to click the 'buy button.

But, from looking through all the product promos and skimming through this thread, there is one thing really bugging me.

Perhaps it doesn't matter so much to younger folk, but when I grew up there was a sharp distinction between the ways clothing made for men and women buttoned and buckled. Since then i've known many women who choose to own and wear some men's trousers, shirts and jackets at times, and have noticed that some clothing made for women these days actually is made with the male style of fastening. But for me that accommodation is one way, I and all the men I know have clothing that still buttons and buckles the old traditional male way.

In the male way, buttenholes and buckles are on the left, buttons and belt tongues are on the right. Doing up a shirt, jacket, trouser or belt means the right hand pushing a button or belt tongue through a buttonhole or belt buckle held in the left hand.

In the pictures of these sets, the shirt, trousers/pants and waistcoat/vest are all correct for men's clothing, with buttons on the right and buttonhole on the left. But the (single-breasted) jacket, in every picture I can see, has the buttons on the left - most noticeably when the jacket is open - even though it appears to close the correct way with the left side over the right. I'm not clear from the morph list - when the jacket is open, or when it is two buttons but with only the top one done up, is there a morph to put the buttons on the correct-for-men right side rather than the left? If there isn't, are the buttons discrete pieces of mesh separate from the front of the jacket so that I could easily shift them over to the correct side without harming the left side of the jacket that was beneath them?

And secondly, the belt is on female fashion, buckle on the right, tongue on the left and poking through the buckle to the right. The traditional way for a man to wear a belt is the other way round, buckle on left, tongue on right and then poking through the buckle to the left when the belt is done up. Frankly, I don't know any man who wears belts the female way round - not even the left handed men who would be the only ones to have a practical reason to wear them that way, as the 'male' way is the natural way for right handed people (which trandition used to make the only way, for clothes fastening as with everything else like writing and handling eating utensils.). I'm also contemplating buying Sickleyield's Dead World Pants for Genesis at Renderosity, but am hesitating for the same reason - belt is on the woman way round instead of the male way round.

Is there a morph to reverse the belt to be male-way round? I'm imagining not - and its much harder to fix than just translating buttons. Is there any chance that Sickleyield would release a 'belt pack' with other-way-round versions of belts like this suit one and the Dead World Pants one.

I know - everyone is going to say this is being unnecessarily picky. And there'll be a bunch of people posting saying that they or their male partner in whatever country never knew there was a male way round for belt wearing, or trandition's different where they are, and they always wear their belts buckle on the right. But for me it really leaps out and jars, like the buttons on the wrong side of the jacket. And in every other respect the sets are so good in all other details, it actually makes these things jar even worse for me.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    I have a question.

I love the look of the sets, can see the huge amount of work that went into making them, and already have much of SickleYield's V4, M4 and Genesis clothing from Renderosity and a number of Marieah's texture products, so know the products will be of very high quality. This is clothing I really want for Genesis, and I have the bundle-plus-Just-Posh sitting in my cart just waiting for me to click the 'buy button.

But, from looking through all the product promos and skimming through this thread, there is one thing really bugging me.

Perhaps it doesn't matter so much to younger folk, but when I grew up there was a sharp distinction between the ways clothing made for men and women buttoned and buckled. Since then i've known many women who choose to own and wear some men's trousers, shirts and jackets at times, and have noticed that some clothing made for women these days actually is made with the male style of fastening. But for me that accommodation is one way, I and all the men I know have clothing that still buttons and buckles the old traditional male way.

In the male way, buttenholes and buckles are on the left, buttons and belt tongues are on the right. Doing up a shirt, jacket, trouser or belt means the right hand pushing a button or belt tongue through a buttonhole or belt buckle held in the left hand.

In the pictures of these sets, the shirt, trousers/pants and waistcoat/vest are all correct for men's clothing, with buttons on the right and buttonhole on the left. But the (single-breasted) jacket, in every picture I can see, has the buttons on the left - most noticeably when the jacket is open - even though it appears to close the correct way with the left side over the right. I'm not clear from the morph list - when the jacket is open, or when it is two buttons but with only the top one done up, is there a morph to put the buttons on the correct-for-men right side rather than the left? If there isn't, are the buttons discrete pieces of mesh separate from the front of the jacket so that I could easily shift them over to the correct side without harming the left side of the jacket that was beneath them?

And secondly, the belt is on female fashion, buckle on the right, tongue on the left and poking through the buckle to the right. The traditional way for a man to wear a belt is the other way round, buckle on left, tongue on right and then poking through the buckle to the left when the belt is done up. Frankly, I don't know any man who wears belts the female way round - not even the left handed men who would be the only ones to have a practical reason to wear them that way, as the 'male' way is the natural way for right handed people (which trandition used to make the only way, for clothes fastening as with everything else like writing and handling eating utensils.). I'm also contemplating buying Sickleyield's Dead World Pants for Genesis at Renderosity, but am hesitating for the same reason - belt is on the woman way round instead of the male way round.

Is there a morph to reverse the belt to be male-way round? I'm imagining not - and its much harder to fix than just translating buttons. Is there any chance that Sickleyield would release a 'belt pack' with other-way-round versions of belts like this suit one and the Dead World Pants one.

I know - everyone is going to say this is being unnecessarily picky. And there'll be a bunch of people posting saying that they or their male partner in whatever country never knew there was a male way round for belt wearing, or trandition's different where they are, and they always wear their belts buckle on the right. But for me it really leaps out and jars, like the buttons on the wrong side of the jacket. And in every other respect the sets are so good in all other details, it actually makes these things jar even worse for me.

The short answer is that this is not a unisex clothing set. It's a man's suit that female and other characters can use. If your girls are very picky about their buttons and buckes, I can only suggest that they wear something else.

SickleYield is on holiday right now. I don't know whether she would be interested in making an additional feminizing morph pack add on.

I do know what you mean. But this product was never intended to be anything other than a man's suit with lots of fbms.

edited December 1969

I want to know on which side Sabbatic Goats would traditionally wear their buttons. :lol:

(Btw, I'm still far, far away from being able to render the scene, as I have seven figures to dress...)

edited September 2012

Marieah said:

The short answer is that this is not a unisex clothing set. It's a man's suit that female and other characters can use. If your girls are very picky about their buttons and buckes, I can only suggest that they wear something else.

SickleYield is on holiday right now. I don't know whether she would be interested in making an additional feminizing morph pack add on.

I do know what you mean. But this product was never intended to be anything other than a man's suit with lots of fbms.

I'm sorry, but you have misunderstood me. Very fuzzy at the moment with painkillers, so I'm sure it is my fault not being clear.

I know it is supposed to be a man's suit.

I want it to use it as a man's suit.

But it is wrong as a man's suit in the jacket and belt. It has a woman's jacket and belt as it is. I certainly wouldn't render a male character wearing that jacket and belt. Especially any character who ought to know how to dress (like James Bond, for instance).

Men have the buttons on the right (from the wearer's point of view). The shirt has the buttons on the right, so is correct. The vest has the buttons on the right, so is correct. The pants don't appear to have a button but close left over right so are correct.

But in every promo picture, the jacket has the buttons on the left (the wearer's left that is), which is wrong. A jacket made for women may have buttons on the left as this set has, but a man's suit will have the buttons on the right. Just look at the first promo picture for the bundle, with the man in the grey suit carrying the briefcase. The button's are on the left side of the jacket (his left). That is wrong for a man's jacket - a man's jacket has them on the right.

So i want to know if there is a way to move the buttons to the right side of the jacket (the wearer's right) when the jacket is open because that is how men have it, not on the left as all your promos do. As long as the button mesh isn't actually welded to the jacket underneath it's not to big a problem.

Even more, the belt is wrong for a man. In your promos you show the buckle on the right and the tongue coming from the left and then going through the buckle and going off to the right. Men do not have this. Men wear belt's with the buckle on the left, and the tongue coming from the right, going through the buckle and ending to the left. I know a lot of women haven't been taught this and have never noticed (my mother, who married my father in 1948, lived with him until his death in 1997, then moved to live with me, still hasn't learned this and on occasions when she tries to be helpful and put the belt into some trousers I am going to wear invariably still gets this wrong), but it is an important distinction.

Granted these are distinctions and traditions I learned growing up in the UK in the 60s and 70s in a Cathedral Close having to hobnob with bishops, lords, ex-primeministers, retired gemerals, admirals and whatnot. so may be thought ot be out of date. but e.g. if you look in the US Army AR 670-1 Regulations for wear of Army Uniforms, Chapter 27-2 (Google will find the 2012 edition), you will see that the US Army mandate that the trouser belt worn with field and utlitiy uniforms will be worn with buckle to the left, tongue going through from the right to the left by all personel, male and female, while the fancier one for Service Greens Class A and B and dress uniforms is to be worn buckle on the left, tongue going through from right to left by men, and buckle to the right, tongue going through left to right by women. So as an organistion both modern and traditional, they actually still specify the traditional different male and female modes of wearing a belt for dress uniforms, but have gone unisex for field and combat uniforms standardising on the male way for all for the fighting and working uniforms, not the female.

in any case, the thing is this - your sets have two mistakes as a male suit - the jacket buttons are on the wrong side for men, and the belt is the wrong way round. I love the sets otherwise ... but I just can't render a man wearing a woman's jacket, or a man with his trouser belt the way round only women put them. I know Sickleyield is female ... which is probably why she made the belt in this set and in the Dead World pants at Renderosity the woman's way, likely never having been told or noticed that men thread the belt into the loops from the other side - buckle on the left, not the right. But it is a significant mistake for any of us men who are traditional ... or even want to use the trousers in a render of a soldier, sailor, marine or airmen and want to have the belt the right way round as mandated by military regulations.

So - can the belt be reversed side for side? I wonder if it would work with a -100% xscale on it?

Post edited by DavidGB on
    edited September 2012

Well there's a "Button to Left-Right" morph in the jacket.

Edited to add: screencap of moved buttons.

buttons.png
    475 x 802 - 223K
    Post edited by Skiriki on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

So - can the belt be reversed side for side? I wonder if it would work with a -100% xscale on it?

That might work ok for the belt, since the rigging is very simple for that part of the body. You might have to fit it as a prop and tweak the poses, though.

Theoretically that solution could work for the jacket, as well, but I think the sleeves wouldn't work right. Not sure, and I haven't had time to install it yet, and now it's bedtime. :( (Darn those statistics students for having questions in the evening!)

If I get a chance to try the -100%xscale tomorrow morning (Eastern US time) I'll post a test pic.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

So it sounds like the belt is not buckling the right way for a man...I never knew there was a difference for that. I'll see what SickleYield's thinks about it when she'S back on deck.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Yeah, I saw that. But does it mean a little bit left or right round where it is on the side it is to correct for fitting morph stretching? Or does it mean shift button to the other side of the jacket and be in the right place for the open windy morph or whatever morphs you have applied? Laatter would be fine, former not so much.

But as long as the buttons aren't welded to the fabric, I suppose exporting to Hexagon in morphed state and dragging the button over to the correct place on the right side of the jacket to make a morph wouldn't be difficult, if rather tedious doing it for every morph in the jacket.

I'm more concerned with the belt. Not seeing easy solution to turn the girl belt into a man belt without major effort fitting it with proper layering to all the morphs. But I just can't render men wearing girl belts in their trousers - it leapt screaming at me out of all the promos that showed the belt.

It's such a good, realistic set in every other way ... just the jacket buttons and the belt ...

Anyway, must got to bed now.

edited September 2012

The buttons glide across the jacket like a snake slithers in grass. The screencap I posted had "open" morph applied to the jacket while the buttons were moved to the other side. So, yes, you can fix it in Hexagon to your liking, no prob, if the existing morph does not do it for you.

Oh and here's the belt with X-reversion.

belt_reverse_x.png
    1015 x 269 - 31K
    Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Skiriki said:

So it sounds like the belt is not buckling the right way for a man...I never knew there was a difference for that. I'll see what SickleYield's thinks about it when she'S back on deck.

Yes. A lot of women never notice this ... including my mother, as I said.

In the US Army regulations I mentioned, for the belt worn with Service Greens and Dress uniforms, the quote from 'how worn' is:

(a) The brass tip belt is worn only with the brass buckle. The belt is worn so that the tipped end passes through the
    buckle to the wearer’s left for males, and the wearer’s right for females.

In other words, for men we start feeding the tongue into the loops on the left of the fly, proceding round, so we end up with the buckle on our left and the tip/tongue on the right before the belt is done up, and the tip going round to the left of the buckle when done up. Women start feeding through the loops to the right of the fly so they end with the bucjkle on the right and the tip/tongue on the left before doing the belt up, and the tip going round to the right of the buckle when done up. Your set (and Sickleyield's other trousers with belt sets) the belt is on the woman's way, not the mans.

In longer shot renders, the jacket buttons on the wrong side is more immediately noticeable, though, if more easiy fixed.

edited December 1969

I just tested the x-reversion and it seems to work just fine.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    The buttons glide across the jacket like a snake slithers in grass. The screencap I posted had "open" morph applied to the jacket while the buttons were moved to the other side. So, yes, you can fix it in Hexagon to your liking, no prob, if the existing morph does not do it for you.

Oh and here's the belt with X-reversion.

Thanks. I really must got to bed now as I'm passing out, so won't see the answer until tomorrow, but do all the morphs still work properly when it's X-inverted like that?

edited December 1969

Yes they do. Tested those too.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited September 2012

DavidGB said:
    Marieah said:

I'm sorry, but you have misunderstood me. Very fuzzy at the moment with painkillers, so I'm sure it is my fault not being clear.

I know it is supposed to be a man's suit.

I want it to use it as a man's suit.

But it is wrong as a man's suit in the jacket and belt. It has a woman's jacket and belt as it is. I certainly wouldn't render a male character wearing that jacket and belt. Especially any character who ought to know how to dress (like James Bond, for instance).

Men have the buttons on the right (from the wearer's point of view). The shirt has the buttons on the right, so is correct. The vest has the buttons on the right, so is correct. The pants don't appear to have a button but close left over right so are correct.

But in every promo picture, the jacket has the buttons on the left (the wearer's left that is), which is wrong. A jacket made for women may have buttons on the left as this set has, but a man's suit will have the buttons on the right. Just look at the first promo picture for the bundle, with the man in the grey suit carrying the briefcase. The button's are on the left side of the jacket (his left). That is wrong for a man's jacket - a man's jacket has them on the right.

So i want to know if there is a way to move the buttons to the right side of the jacket (the wearer's right) when the jacket is open because that is how men have it, not on the left as all your promos do. As long as the button mesh isn't actually welded to the jacket underneath it's not to big a problem.

Even more, the belt is wrong for a man. In your promos you show the buckle on the right and the tongue coming from the left and then going through the buckle and going off to the right. Men do not have this. Men wear belt's with the buckle on the left, and the tongue coming from the right, going through the buckle and ending to the left. I know a lot of women haven't been taught this and have never noticed (my mother, who married my father in 1948, lived with him until his death in 1997, then moved to live with me, still hasn't learned this and on occasions when she tries to be helpful and put the belt into some trousers I am going to wear invariably still gets this wrong), but it is an important distinction.

Granted these are distinctions and traditions I learned growing up in the UK in the 60s and 70s in a Cathedral Close having to hobnob with bishops, lords, ex-primeministers, retired gemerals, admirals and whatnot. so may be thought ot be out of date. but e.g. if you look in the US Army AR 670-1 Regulations for wear of Army Uniforms, Chapter 27-2 (Google will find the 2012 edition), you will see that the US Army mandate that the trouser belt worn with field and utlitiy uniforms will be worn with buckle to the left, tongue going through from the right to the left by all personel, male and female, while the fancier one for Service Greens Class A and B and dress uniforms is to be worn buckle on the left, tongue going through from right to left by men, and buckle to the right, tongue going through left to right by women. So as an organistion both modern and traditional, they actually still specify the traditional different male and female modes of wearing a belt for dress uniforms, but have gone unisex for field and combat uniforms standardising on the male way for all for the fighting and working uniforms, not the female.

in any case, the thing is this - your sets have two mistakes as a male suit - the jacket buttons are on the wrong side for men, and the belt is the wrong way round. I love the sets otherwise ... but I just can't render a man wearing a woman's jacket, or a man with his trouser belt the way round only women put them. I know Sickleyield is female ... which is probably why she made the belt in this set and in the Dead World pants at Renderosity the woman's way, likely never having been told or noticed that men thread the belt into the loops from the other side - buckle on the left, not the right. But it is a significant mistake for any of us men who are traditional ... or even want to use the trousers in a render of a soldier, sailor, marine or airmen and want to have the belt the right way round as mandated by military regulations.

So - can the belt be reversed side for side? I wonder if it would work with a -100% xscale on it?What about rotating the belt so that it is turned over and facing the other direction...would that work?
    Edited to add...saw the reversion worked...Great Job!

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Renders. Please. I'm sick of looking at only my own.

You may be about to regret that post . . . just some badly-rendered sillyness (best I could do before bedtime), but I had fun!
    SabGoat03-test03-g2-1800.png
    1200 x 1800 - 1M
    edited December 1969

That's hilarious!

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Needs work, but 3 of the 11 figures in this picture are wearing at least parts of the suit (in theory, this is a summer picture, which is why only the military two in the back are wearing coats.) and many of the ladies have their clothes done using the Fabricator. :)

Family_Portrait.png
    800 x 600 - 902K
    edited December 1969

Needs work, but 3 of the 11 figures in this picture are wearing at least parts of the suit (in theory, this is a summer picture, which is why only the military two in the back are wearing coats.) and many of the ladies have their clothes done using the Fabricator. :)

That is simply fantastc!
    It doesn't even look like they're wearing the same clothes.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

I'm having a ton of fun with the suit, it adds a bit of class to the character. Some excellent morph there.

G-Suit.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 431K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Anyone got the BowTie to get under the shirt neck?
    Only thing I stumbled on, probably was tired though.. lol.

edited December 1969

I'm having a ton of fun with the suit, it adds a bit of class to the character. Some excellent morph there.

Snazzy! How did you get the pantslegs to stay down over the S-Goat's ankles?!? I couldn't get it to do that.