please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click ok to continue ? (solved)

paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4

Hello, I am new to Daz and trying to get feet wet. I have acquired several assets to use. I have purchased several item that are add-ons they com zipped. They have an IM000001234 heading in the file name. Now I own the stuff you need that the add on is for. But, when I try to unpack the zip file I get this message

"please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click ok to continue"

I have tried on both windows XP and 7 on 3 different computers. I am not sure how to proceed or were to place the files so I can unpack them correctly. I have 4 or 5 files like this and it is the same on all of them. I down loaded quite a few files that day and only having problems with the zip files.

Thanks,

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited September 2012

where did you download from, Daz or elsewhere?
    are you Mac or PC?
    oh, edit, you said Win7 but Daz 3D store files for PC mostly exe
    I get that message on some of my Poserworld CD's

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Is there a file extension to that file name? like .exe or .dvx etc.

• paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hello, I am new to Daz and trying to

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You get that message on several different zip files? Are you using the built-in Windows function to unzip, or another archiving tool like Winzip or 7zip? What browser did you use to download the files?

edited December 1969

this is one of the files it is an add on to the Heavies ( which I purchased) one other note I also have a platinum membership (that might not make any difference) just want to make sure I am relaying all information.

IM00002210_zoo-stampede-for-heavies

IM00001132_toonimal-puppy this is another one but it is not a add-on. But it is a platinum discounted product.

both are zip files, you cant even enter into the zip to see what is inside of it. you still get message.

thanks,

edited September 2012

You get that message on several different zip files? Are you using the built-in Windows function to unzip, or another archiving tool like Winzip or 7zip? What browser did you use to download the files?

I am using the normal windows extractor, I did get one to open with an RAR program but it was a weird file extention and not executable, I don't remember what it was and not at location to repeat at this moment.

used explorer 8 to download

thanks,

Post edited by paulg625 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you try downloading with a different browser?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I just reset and downloaded the toonimal puppy. I get a perfectly normal zip file, which I can open using windows to read what is in the zip. I then used the windows built in zip facility to unzip this and got the correct files.

Housed in the content folder I had a runtime folder with all the files I would expect to have for this peoduct.

Are you sure that your download is not corrupted. I have a download zip which is 1.1mb

edited December 1969

Can you try downloading with a different browser?

ok after reading all the post, Thank you all by the way! the problem is corrupted files I downloaded crome and the downloads went just fine as stated I have proper files now and should be able to use the PDF read me to get the data were I need it to be

again thanks! :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Glad we were able to help you