LIE?

evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm looking at some of the grunge shaders that are on sale today. Not entirely sure how they work.

Product description mentions LIE, which seems to be Studio 3-, yet it says these will work with Studio 4.

Anyone know which represents the truth, and how these actually work?

Any input appreciated, as these could really come in handy in addition to US2+ (which is now my favorite OM product, bar none).

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Yes, they work - presets don't need the Layered Image Editor anyway, but it is included in DS4 Pro so you will have it.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited December 1969

Thank you Richard. Where would one find it in DS4? I just pored over the menus and it was not jumping out at me.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited September 2012

LIE = Layered Image Editor and yes it has been updated and depending on what product you are wanting you should be ok. Best to list the product links here and folks will be happy to advise if they work in 4/4.5.

Yeah US2 rocks LOL

EDIT Toooo slow again

Post edited by Szark on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thank you Richard. Where would one find it in DS4? I just pored over the menus and it was not jumping out at me.

In the Surfaces tab, click on the little triangle for loading an image texture, and it should be there.

edited December 1969

Thanks JimmyC

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I have the lie wound pack and it is great. Has anyone used the dirt/mud packs in 4.5? The product detail says they only work in earlier versions of daz.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

I used several of the grimerizer presets on a previous occasion when someone was asking about this, and yes they worked fine.

edited December 1969

i bought, but have not yet had a chance to install.