ARTCollab Store Sale and The Control Room and Mini Contest [COMMERCIAL]

124»

Comments

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WOW great renders both of you!

Kage I see you were on a roll! :) Very cool!

Thank you, it's kinda good I got them done (needed a break from posing and it was becoming so not fun making packs and editing ERC). When looking over the set really liked the fact that the doors open/close on this one (thanks for this...took me forever to co-ordinate morphs and texture transparencies to get them to open and close in the Loading Dock) and that the chairs and yoke have buttens that can be pressed (just wish the consoles did too...might work on that myself at some future date).
    Had a few more in the works with this and other sets from this series that tie into the theme (started liking the feaux comic idea). Also was working on one with Enchanted Isle...but some things happened today that just took the wind right out of my sails, so I am going back to my cave for the forseeable future.
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited September 2012

KageRyu said:

(just wish the consoles did too)

You may want to take a look at the consoles again Kage we have hidden gems in there ;) They do have buttons etc that work (at least at the stations. We did not do all of them...we just did like 5 at each station (enough for animating if needed) Though the main station (front one) has a morph to push a bunch of the buttons down (not for animation...more for realism if you rendered that desk closely).

Since all together there are somewhere around I believe 1000 modeled in buttons and switches, doing morphs for all of them would have taken an extreme amount of time (months) we decided it best to select key ones instead. It was kinda a compromise between time and what I thought people would want :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

KageRyu I was late seeing this thread, and had invisioned something very close to your dead Captain shot. You beat me to it, and much better render I am sure :) Nice picture.

edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    KageRyu I was late seeing this thread, and had invisioned something very close to your dead Captain shot. You beat me to it, and much better render I am sure :) Nice picture.

Well feel free to post yours as well. I am happy to give out prizes for more then one render of each "idea" so I'd love to see what you come up with :)

edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    Thank you, though it's still good to see other's takes on these. Especially since I did a bundle of renders all at once for several categories...can't claim them all :) that would be greedy, I was just having fun getting away from making pose packs for a bit (I love the Sixus1 Racez...but need a break now and then).

[You may want to take a look at the consoles again Kage we have hidden gems in there ;) They do have buttons etc that work (at least at the stations. We did not do all of them...we just did like 5 at each station (enough for animating if needed) Though the main station (front one) has a morph to push a bunch of the buttons down (not for animation...more for realism if you rendered that desk closely).

Since all together there are somewhere around I believe 1000 modeled in buttons and switches, doing morphs for all of them would have taken an extreme amount of time (months) we decided it best to select key ones instead. It was kinda a compromise between time and what I thought people would want :)

I wonder how I missed it, I'll look again when I get home. Might be I had my poor celeron so overloaded things were starting to break (a couple of those renders I tried to make more complex, but the CPU revolted).

Though with buttons and dials, I am always a stickler for details (I know what you mean though, I have a standing console I started back in the begining of the milenium, then started making morphs for all the keys, switches, dials, buttons...then got bored and gave up). Still, it's hard to know which buttons I need to animate until I am there...so it's always best when they all can move :-)

edited September 2012

For those interested the catch up sale has begun... which means if you missed the sale on the Control Room our any other ARTCollab goodies, now is your chance to pick them up!

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    OK, censored

LOL Poor Totte LOL

Do you have a Deviant Account? If so you can put it up with the nudity flag and then link it and its fine :) I know Ive seen others do that in the past :)

I have but I can't remember what email or what password I used when I set it up. Feels like i've had Alzheimer's as long as I can remember *lol*.
    Tried password reset but never get any reset emails so It's a kind of catch-22 there.

edited December 1969

Well you could just sign up for a new account over there if you needed to :)

On the topic of the sale, I wanted to mention that we are going to be retiring Temple of Light from the DAZ3D Store. If you are interested in grabbing it before it's gone, I would grab it during the sale. We may later move it to our personal store though I can't say for sure or if we do when that would be :) I just thought I would make you all aware so you know in case anyone had it on their wishlist and wanted to grab it :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited September 2012

Thanks for the heads up, A great little building. *cart*

I might make a new one on Deviant Art (but then it will say "this email address is already in use" ;-)

OK, put it on my Rendo Gallery, link goes to gallery page so the "Advisory-warning" is shown.

Enjoy! http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=669998

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Well at least then you'll know what e-mail addy you used ;)

edited December 1969

Ok, not featuring the Control Room, but one of the sister sets with some modifications. I apologize if that's taboo, just got carried away with the theme:
    http://kageryu.deviantart.com/art/Bigfoot-vs-Werewolf-in-space-329565387

Battle_in_the_Loadingdock.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 504K
    edited December 1969

hehe very fun render Kage! Love all the action going on! So glad you are enjoying the sets :)

edited September 2012

Ok took me a little longer than I had hoped but Here is my render to keep it from looking to similar I changed all my original ideas for posing.

distresscall4.jpg
    831 x 850 - 187K
    Post edited by Skelch on
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Look Ann I menaged :)

And even before it went off sale. great great set, with a lot of options.. I actually wanted to do something diffderent, but my runtime is a bit unorginazed due to being replaced on a new pc, so I was working with wha tI have ATM...
    Also I revived V3.. I forgot what a fun girl she is :)

Here is a render with the hall and the lights from the set. A bit of postwork to adjust the brightness...

last_stand.jpg
    1204 x 804 - 145K
    edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    Ok took me a little longer than I had hoped but Here is my render to keep it from looking to similar I changed all my original ideas for posing.

Very fun render! Please PM me about your prize ;) I love the almost comic book feel of this :)

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

And even before it went off sale. great great set, with a lot of options.. I actually wanted to do something diffderent, but my runtime is a bit unorginazed due to being replaced on a new pc, so I was working with wha tI have ATM...

Here is a render with the hall and the lights from the set. A bit of postwork to adjust the brightness...

Very cool render Krissy! And wow dug out V3..you know I haven't played with her in ages...I really should one of these days :) Thanks so much for posting especially considering the PC issues you have had :) I really appreciate it :)

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

Very cool render Krissy! And wow dug out V3..you know I haven't played with her in ages...I really should one of these days :) Thanks so much for posting especially considering the PC issues you have had :) I really appreciate it :)

Oh I didn't also... was going trought my runtime and all the sudden saw Vicky3 just sitting there. and I thought "hey EZSkin can make SSS shader for the cool textures I have" the rest went by itself.
    Oh I still have, have some I am lost in the new windows 7.. will be some time when I will get everything yp, also all my programs are yet to be insatelled, which is affecting my workflow...

But Stil lI had to play with this set. You know this is out of my comfort zone, but it is all so well made :D

edited December 1969

Skelch said:

Very fun render! Please PM me about your prize ;) I love the almost comic book feel of this :)

Thank You very Much, as I stated in PM to you I was going for the old 70's comics my brother used to buy for me. They were all the ones that had ghost stories and twilight zoneish themes.

It is a little wide for a comic book, and the UPC is on the wrong side, but aesthetically that is the way it looked best to me so I did not cover up stuff I wanted to show in the render.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

don't do Sci-Fi, so don't have the fantastic new model, but I do have many of your characters, so here is Piper, wearing Iggy's outfit.

Piper_3rd_render.png
    612 x 624 - 254K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Honest, he is hiding in the control room...it just looks like the Enchanted Isle because of Holograms...and time space distortion at faster than light travel...and (insert smart stuff here)...

Guests for Dinner

Full sized (1600x960) http://kageryu.deviantart.com/art/Guests-for-Dinner-330162611

Dinner_Guests(Forumsized).jpg
    1024 x 614 - 309K
    edited December 1969

KageRyu said:
    Honest, he is hiding in the control room...it just looks like the Enchanted Isle because of Holograms...and time space distortion at faster than light travel...and (insert smart stuff here)...

Guests for Dinner

Full sized (1600x960) http://kageryu.deviantart.com/art/Guests-for-Dinner-330162611

Hey it's like in "Dinosaurs on the Spaceship" the engine room being an ocean envoirment :) gool :)

Chohole.. greta render.. how's your new toy ?

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Love that render Cho. Very nice indeed!!

OK, now that the winners of the September RDNA Landscape Layout Portrait challenge has been announced, I can now post my latest render which was an entry in the challenge. Warning  -- it's going to be cross-posted with Barb's Eden Flames outfit thread as well.

Be sure to click to see unsquished. For the full-sized render, check it out here  --> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/studio/portrait.htm

Title: Asleep At The Controls.

Portrait_AsleepAtTheControls-Small.jpg
    800 x 533 - 279K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

"Dead in space ...?"
    (No genesis males were harmed in the making of this image!)

Dead_in_space.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited October 2012

Hiding in Plain Sight
    "As Liz sat at the consoles going over the day to day logs, she could not shake the feeling that the answer to the crews dissapearances was so close she could reach out and touch it - but she just couldn't see it."

CREDITS: ARTCollaborations, Sixus1, Uzilite, DZFire, KageRyu, Homebaked

Full sized http://kageryu.deviantart.com/art/Hiding-in-Plain-Sight-330350949

On a side note - can someone from Daz3d fix the damn forums already? Took almost an hour typing and retyping this post before it finally went through without one of those stupid "you must be logged in to do this" errors.

Hiding_in_plain_sight2(forumsized).jpg
    768 x 1024 - 324K
    Hiding_in_plain_sight(forumsized).jpg
    768 x 1024 - 289K
    Post edited by KageRyu on