Daz Studio morphs with Sculptris?

Chiza.albaChiza.alba Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, let me apologize in advance because I know there is already a tutorial on this somewhere; I found a link to it via google. But that link seems to be broken and I can't find that thread with the forum search either.

I'd like to know how to create morphs in Sculptris and import them into Daz Studio, then rig them. I intend to use my own morphs as posable "dolls" for a series of artworks, because the meshes I would need would have features that Genesis models don't offer (horns, wings, tails, absence of hands and feet, etc). If anyone can point me to the tutorial I'm referring to, that would be great; any other advice would be welcome also. I should probably mention that I'm very new to 3d art. Thank you!

Comments

• lukeensignlukeensign Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to do what you are doing, except with complex complete body morphs...It's going to take a long time for me, but you'll find it easy enough with Sculptris. Anyways, I found a video on youtube which outlines how to make morphs in zbrush (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BI-a9XiXBNM). I would follow the same general steps, except not export to zbrush and follow the steps outlined below:

1) export Genesis as an OBJ.
    2) import that OBJ into Sculptris
    3) do what you need in Sculptris
    4) export the finished model in Sculptris as an OBJ
    5) use the morph loader advanced/pro to import the OBJ as a morph
    6) follow the rest of the video!

• Chiza.albaChiza.alba Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for replying! I can't find a Morph Loader Pro/Advanced. Is that the same thing as Morph Master Pro? That one is Windows only... :(

edited December 1969

I do not know... Is it in the top menu's Edit->Object or Edit->Figure? If it is, Morph Master Pro should be it.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

If you got the free Pro version Morph Loader Pro and Advanced are included so they BOTH should be there. The icons both look like an arm bent with a bulging bicep. I use Advanced over Pro, Like it better!

I'm curious about what import setting one would use for Sculptris? I used the Cinema 4D import for ZBrush and that works well but never thought about using Sculptris for making body shapes for Genesis! Hmmmmm

edited December 1969

I'd just use the defaults... Try what you need until you get the correct result!

• Chiza.albaChiza.alba Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I found it, thanks a lot!

I also heard that in order to use Sculptris for Daz Studio morphs, you have to set the detail to 0. Is that true?

• edited December 1969

Yes its true, cause Sculptris will add Vertices if you don't set detail to zero and then the resulting OBJ will have a different vertex-count.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,797
    edited December 1969

two dumb questions
    first, I cannot get Genesis into Sculptris,
    (it says something about multiple triangle connections)
    second, where is undo in Sculptris?
    I have perused the manual, tried all the tools and rightclicks etc
    undo is essential to me and not finding it is pretty much the reason I have not used it much.

• AWESOMEMAN1AWESOMEMAN1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

two dumb questions
    first, I cannot get Genesis into Sculptris,
    (it says something about multiple triangle connections)
    second, where is undo in Sculptris?
    I have perused the manual, tried all the tools and rightclicks etc
    undo is essential to me and not finding it is pretty much the reason I have not used it much.

What I do is press Ctr Z whenever I want to undo something in Sculptris. It works for most programs on the market.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,797
    edited December 1969

thx, I never remember those keyboard shortcuts
    t, the copy/paste one is another I always forget and some programs will not let you use rightclick paste for serials
    Carrara drives me nuts there! and I accidently do stuff with shortcuts like 0 to frame a selected figure! (when I was meaning to type zero somewhere!)

edited December 1969

Yea, Ctrl Z is your best friend allot of the times when testing stuff.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

You can find a basic tutorial on making morphs in my sig that may be helpful but I have never used Sculptris before.

I used to use Hexagon but splurged and got ZBrush recently so... WHEEEEEE!

That's me... repeatedly sliding down the learning curve. :)

Would you be so kind as to post some info regarding what you may have found when trying to make morphs with Sculptris?

I would be interested in learning more about it.

edited December 1969

Love Sculptris but it really needs to be more mature before I venture back into it. ZBrush is enough for now! lol

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Love Sculptris but it really needs to be more mature before I venture back into it. ZBrush is enough for now! lol

I don't think that's ever going to happen...they've been at the same version for going on two or three years now. Plus it is owned by the same company as Zbrush.

edited December 1969

Well aware of that but there are a few more tools they could add to it to make it a tiny bit more useful, like a way to convert triangles to regular old fashioned vertices that allot of programs still prefer. I like Sculptris allot, it's allot of fun to play around in but for anything being really useful in making content... nope, not yet.... I imagine in another 3 to 5 years they might get around to it! :P