Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is an image I did of most of the Superman Family.

Awesome.
  • edited December 1969

I was playing with WorldBase XT and ended up with someone who looks like she wants to be a superhero...

soaring_winter.jpg
    800 x 640 - 313K
  • MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Hey Joe, thanks for putting the Alien Force morphs together. A commission payment came through and I finally picked up the base set; I'm working on some packages of paper RPG miniatures, and these will come in handy when I get to the Space sets...

-Mike <8]</p>

Alien01FDAZ.jpg
    470 x 600 - 122K
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Well, I'm happy with my bat-Mask, but the armor is not turning out so hot. But HAY! I got a bat light to go with the mask done :)

Light.jpg
    613 x 485 - 132K
    edited December 1969

Note: The mast in the pict with the light is not the one I'm working on...

edited December 1969

OK here it is with the mask on my BM

Bats2.jpg
    778 x 767 - 154K
    edited September 2012

Bats Close-Up

Bats.jpg
    782 x 1500 - 697K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Bats Close-Up

Supa-cool work!

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

That's Xurges suit right

edited December 1969

That's Xurges suit right

Yeap!
  • michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me if there is a decent FREE Ironman suit on the net that's legal and safe to download? I cannot justify paying $199 for something I may only use in a few renders.

• hal1hal1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Unfortunatly, the old armourZ for poser that almost everyone is using isn't avalaible anymore.

Zikeo's armourY is still downloadalbe at renderosity but it is for Ds3 and It is far less simple to use than that aremis have done for poser. Anyway if it is for a simple render it can do the job.

Otherwise you can have a look at some of mestophales products here : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mighty_mestophales some of them can do a pretty descend ironman armor if you change the materials

They aren't free but his shop is on sale :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited September 2012

mishwish said:
    Can anyone tell me if there is a decent FREE Ironman suit on the net that's legal and safe to download? I cannot justify paying $199 for something I may only use in a few renders.

Three legit-free and safe downloads for Iron Man style armour (note that the British spelling tends to throw off search engines in some places, hence making it harder to find; you did not mention for what software, so offering 'em all, pick the variant which works):

One... (Oh my, seems that I downloaded it before their site went busted. Search for ArmourZ then...)
    Two...
    Three!

Colors for #1...
    More colors for #1...

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

hal1 said:
    Unfortunatly, the old armourZ for poser that almost everyone is using isn't avalaible anymore.

Zikeo's armourY is still downloadalbe at renderosity but it is for Ds3 and It is far less simple to use than that aremis have done for poser. Anyway if it is for a simple render it can do the job.

Otherwise you can have a look at some of mestophales products here : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mighty_mestophales some of them can do a pretty descend ironman armor if you change the materials

They aren't free but his shop is on sale :)

And on any decent armor you find, the helmet from Zikeo's Armour Y is easy to use and (along with an arc reactor) makes a perfect finishing touch. That's what I did when I used the SuperSuit for IronMan/Rescue/WarMachine armor.
    edited September 2012

Skiriki said:
    mishwish said:

Three legit-free and safe downloads for Iron Man style armour (note that the British spelling tends to throw off search engines in some places, hence making it harder to find; you did not mention for what software, so offering 'em all, pick the variant which works):

One... (Oh my, seems that I downloaded it before their site went busted. Search for ArmourZ then...)
    Two...
    Three!

Colors for #1...
    More colors for #1...

Thanks, Armour Y looks like what I need, just need to find something that can allow my computer to read .rar files now...

And on any decent armor you find, the helmet from Zikeo's Armour Y is easy to use and (along with an arc reactor) makes a perfect finishing touch. That's what I did when I used the SuperSuit for IronMan/Rescue/WarMachine armor.
    Thanks for the tip, I have the supersuit so can give it a go :) btw, your pics look awesome ;)

Post edited by michellecelebrielle on
    edited December 1969

Grab IZarc for opening RAR files. Works gggrrreaaaat.

edited September 2012

Skiriki said:
    Grab IZarc for opening RAR files. Works gggrrreaaaat.

Thank you! I'll have to wait about a week for my new pc to arrive so can't test the suit out yet, but at least I can see all the files now :)
    Post edited by michellecelebrielle on
    edited December 1969

So I've been trying for years to make a decent Storm tiara, but my modeling skills thus far have prevented that from happening. But seeing all the awesome stuff joequck, Rduda and dozens of others have been making since I started dabbling in 3D inspired me to keep at it and now I'm pleased to say I am the proud creator of one extremely crappy tiara. Its like a child's first macaroni artwork - foolish and flawed but dangit, its going up on the fridge! If anyone is interested in it, I'll put it up on my sharecg page.

On the subject of joequick and his awesomeness, I used GenX to transfer his Darkseid morph to Genesis and this scary dude is what popped out.

Darkseid01.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 83K
    Storm_test.png
    700 x 1409 - 961K
    edited December 1969

So I've been trying for years to make a decent Storm tiara, but my modeling skills thus far have prevented that from happening. But seeing all the awesome stuff joequck, Rduda and dozens of others have been making since I started dabbling in 3D inspired me to keep at it and now I'm pleased to say I am the proud creator of one extremely crappy tiara. Its like a child's first macaroni artwork - foolish and flawed but dangit, its going up on the fridge! If anyone is interested in it, I'll put it up on my sharecg page.

On the subject of joequick and his awesomeness, I used GenX to transfer his Darkseid morph to Genesis and this scary dude is what popped out.

Great start! Sounds like your starting out just like I did, Practice makes perfect!!

edited December 1969

Seeing Darkseid... I will dispense lots of virtual love and score points to someone who can make a nice Mr. Sinister morph for Genesis.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Great start! Sounds like your starting out just like I did, Practice makes perfect!!

It wasn't that long ago that I couldn't make a skeets or booster gold goggles.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Now that I've figured out the basics of zbrush I feel like the sky's the limit. I don't suppose anyone could recommend a good set of tutorials for zbrush to daz? I've watched about five YouTube vids but some of the issues I'm having aren't covered, plus I know nothing about rigging or conforming or adding morphs....

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2012

If you check the tut in my sig on full body morph targets, that should get ya started..

I am working on a tut for texturing using ZBrush and Photoshop but have a lot to do to get it done and I don't like posting stuff until tested and vetted.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • ArchWorksArchWorks Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Not a hero but.....Well this is my first time playing with Zbrush and decided to try morph Kid Buu from dragon ball Z, I know it's not close to the real one, but later on when I get better I will redo him completely. I had to redo this one a lot because if I sculpt him too much or move the limbs a bit Genesis topology disappear's when i import him back to DS.. -.-

kidbuu.jpg
    936 x 1300 - 276K
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Arch_Clan

I like it!

• ArchWorksArchWorks Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

thank you :D

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW, that's a really interesting character and he looks so powerful but at the same time CUTE! :P

edited September 2012

Just got Poser Pro 2012, WOW! I love it.

Here is a quick pict of the batman helmet I'm doing with a little photoshop

Bats_SM.jpg
    1500 x 985 - 744K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Green Lantern. The first human FEMALE to be recruited. Getting sick of GL's from Earth being all men.

NewGL.jpg
    486 x 631 - 246K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

OMG... HALEY Jordan! lol

This discussion has been closed.