ARG! The prices changed from morning to afternoon!

ErikAtMapacheErikAtMapache Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This morning I looked at the GoFigure aniblocks and they were 75% off. Now this afternoon they're 50% off.
ARG!
ARG!
ARG!
Why are prices not constant during the day !

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

It's likely because DAZ made a mistake, if you read all the blurb it said 50% off but when you went to the store it was 75% off. They probably only noticed the mistake this afternoon.

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

75% OFF!yes, I said 75% OFF!!!

i think it said 75% off on the forum page, not just the store. in any case the wack-the-mole price changes are a bit of a hassle.

i thought 75% was a better price because the items are over 2 years old now as well as animate2. time for a refresh

edited December 1969

I have to admit I didn't see 75% off on the forum page when I looked 9am UK time in reference to animate. I do find it strange however, that Daz sells what are old content or plugins at full price most of the time.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I do find it strange however, that Daz sells what are old content or plugins at full price most of the time.

DAZ does not set the price on PA products nor can they just change them willy nilly without permission of the owner.

edited December 1969

Sorry if I've confused you I wasn't talking about PA items I was talking about DOs. However, now that you mention it it is strange to see content that is 5 - 6, 7+ years old being sold at full price. I guess this must be the busiest time of year for some folks.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Many people still find full value in a product even if it is not brand new. I have products that are nearly that old that sell full priced regularly. They still work the same and still fill a niche that nothing else does. Unlike clothes that may go out of style in a few months content tends to remain useful for much longer.

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

hehe

There was a "Western Store" in a town where I used to live. They had a going out of busisness sale that lasted for years. One day, I drove by, and the big sign said, "All ladies blouses 75% off!"

Excuse me? :ohh:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i thought 75% was a better price because the items are over 2 years old now as well as animate2. time for a refresh
    As stated before, are these items less useful because they are older? Has the need for the item by users stopped just because it is old? I find what you imply very odd. Why not walk into the nearest store and tell them you will not buy this can of corn for 80 cents when it was just 60 cents two years ago. At least the items here have not gone up in cost as all REAL world items that we need and use have.