- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    LOL this will sound very stupid... But since I've never done this before... You set the base path to: DAZ3d>STUDIO>MY LIBRARY>RUNTIME. Where should the CR2 path be going? (I feel so stupid :P ) LOL, I can make morphs, UVW Map, Create props, make materials, But I know noting of exporting. :-S

I found the character folder in runtime>libraries is full of cr2... Props has none... I assume I make my folder in there then? (Like the vendors have)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

ARRG! It asked for a skeleton be selected in scene, there is non to select, then it didn't export dammit.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    LOL this will sound very stupid... But since I've never done this before... You set the base path to: DAZ3d>STUDIO>MY LIBRARY>RUNTIME. Where should the CR2 path be going? (I feel so stupid :P ) LOL, I can make morphs, UVW Map, Create props, make materials, But I know noting of exporting. :-S

No. You can't guarantee that every install of Studio will be on that particular path. The idea is not to have an absolute path, if you use the Runtime convention file pathnames will be exposed to whatever configuration a user implements.

see

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5436/

and

http://www.philc.net/WinZip_tutorial.htm

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

You a life saver :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    You made a broken jaw morph? Or something went wrong with your morph that broke the jaw? I'm confuzzled

Also, Do you like my *very first* big scene?

There are times when a broken jaw morph could come in handy.

I like your scene. Perseverance paid off. Sometimes it works to just back off and do something else. Then come back to the problem.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Someone said there is a program that they use for ram management. Firefox keeps freezing on me. I have nine gigs of ram. Right now I cannot get more ram so I need another option so my ram is used efficiently. I know I can search for something online but I am afraid of getting something that will mess up my computer.

I have seen ads of a company that supposed to speed up computers but I do not trust them. I want to find something that works and is trustworthy. Anyone with money can pay for ads on tv and that does not mean they are trust worthy.

Outertech's Cacheman.

Thank you very much! I wish there was a way to search by post instead of just by thread. It is hard for me to refind things in these big threads.

edited December 1969

I agree, MBW. Sometimes I just get tired of looking and give it up.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Welcome. Heh can swim but heh not really bronzed Aussie, more freckled titanium. You need to look into this as well:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcontent

edited December 1969

My mum's friend Oscar uses the litter box everyday. Actually several times a day as he loves to drink water. He sometimes gets the litter all over the floor while trying to do his stuff. He has no way to use a broom. That would mean my mum or stepfather would have to sweep after Oscar when they are cleaning Oscar's box. when I was staying with my mum, I had to clean Oscar's box and sweep after him.

Oscar cannot clean his box either for some reason. well he uses a box since he has not been trained to use the toilet. I doubt there is anyone who wants to train Oscar to use the toilet when he can use the litter box.

edited December 1969

I do hope Oscar is a cat, not a human. My grandson is almost 1, walking, and is ready to start potty training. My daughter is going to train him to use the toilet, not the litter box. We have enough trouble keeping him out of the dogs' water bowl.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Spyro said:
    You made a broken jaw morph? Or something went wrong with your morph that broke the jaw? I'm confuzzled

Also, Do you like my *very first* big scene?

There are times when a broken jaw morph could come in handy.

I like your scene. Perseverance paid off. Sometimes it works to just back off and do something else. Then come back to the problem.

Thanks very much Anne :) I couldn't let all that work go to waste. I HAD to get it done! :cheese: I think It was all worth it.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:

Welcome. Heh can swim but heh not really bronzed Aussie, more freckled titanium. You need to look into this as well:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcontent

Cooolies! Thanks again. You a legend!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

My complaint today is I have just moved over to Windoze 7 and nothing is where it used to be.

edited December 1969

LOL, It takes time... But you will get used to it. Now I can barely remember the navigation through the control panel of windows XP HAHA!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Render Drop!

First off "I DID IT!"

Secondly, maybe they thieved the rabbits... Who knows...

(ps, I will do a thief render... just havin a break since I did this one.)

Glad to see you got it done.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I do hope Oscar is a cat, not a human. My grandson is almost 1, walking, and is ready to start potty training. My daughter is going to train him to use the toilet, not the litter box. We have enough trouble keeping him out of the dogs' water bowl.

Oscar is a cat. He has fur and a tail. He meows like a cat.

time for lunch.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    My complaint today is I have just moved over to Windoze 7 and nothing is where it used to be.

The registers at the Wendy's I currently work at are different than the ones I was used to in Virginia. That was similar.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I remember when I moved to Win7 very well. I cried for weeks.

edited December 1969

I went from XP to 7. I do not remember being upset about it. I guess I was thankful that I was able to get a new computer.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

halfway through the audit.

i have no idea if Baldur's Gate will run on Win7.
    if it will run on win7, i'll have to start over from the beginning.

i killed the big dude with the hamster, if i start over again, will try not to kill the hamster dude.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Proof of concept material settings (skin bump/specular map cribbed from RawArt's Draco for now plus some reappropriated Fabricator mappings).

Can't help but to feel that it kinda needs more. More what, I don't know. I'm using omnifreaker's Human Surface for skin settings.

I'm trying to shoot for red-gold coloration. Using a fairly harsh light w/extra specular light right now. More mellow lights show some other things better.

Not fully pleased with the inner horn set's displacement/bump values. Needs to be tweaked.

Need to figure out nice teeth settings (I want to do some parts as shaders as opposed to image maps; claws are all good for now).

This guy is huge. I mean HUGE. Bigger than Nybras; books place Pit Fiend height to 12', and Nybras looks like he's about 10' to top of his head (not horns). Millennium Subdragon turned into a tail donator (not shown), and cut-and-re-rigged tail is sticking out of his butt.

Pit_fiend5.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Probably OT, but whenever I see this thread title, I think of the Dr. Who episode "The Doctor's Wife" where the TARDIS placed in a girl wonders where he is and calls, "Thief!" :D

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

halfway through the audit.

i have no idea if Baldur's Gate will run on Win7.
    if it will run on win7, i'll have to start over from the beginning.

i killed the big dude with the hamster, if i start over again, will try not to kill the hamster dude.

I was able to run it, though I didn't have time to get far. Not sure if it's currently installed or not.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Proof of concept material settings (skin bump/specular map cribbed from RawArt's Draco for now plus some reappropriated Fabricator mappings).

Can't help but to feel that it kinda needs more. More what, I don't know. I'm using omnifreaker's Human Surface for skin settings.

I'm trying to shoot for red-gold coloration. Using a fairly harsh light w/extra specular light right now. More mellow lights show some other things better.

Not fully pleased with the inner horn set's displacement/bump values. Needs to be tweaked.

Need to figure out nice teeth settings (I want to do some parts as shaders as opposed to image maps; claws are all good for now).

This guy is huge. I mean HUGE. Bigger than Nybras; books place Pit Fiend height to 12', and Nybras looks like he's about 10' to top of his head (not horns). Millennium Subdragon turned into a tail donator (not shown), and cut-and-re-rigged tail is sticking out of his butt.

Looks good.

This is a product I've used for the dragon like tail before. The wings are useful as well.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/draconian

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited September 2012

Nice; I recall seeing one "dragonman" or some such -- might have been RawArt's? -- for M4, which had a huge honkin' tail I wanted to stick up this character's bum.

Edit: Nope! GhostOfMacbeth and Digital-I-Designs' Dragonman.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

An Autumn Haiku
    by tjohn

Leaf colors changing
    Falling on the ground
    Like complaints on deaf ears

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Someone said there is a program that they use for ram management. Firefox keeps freezing on me. I have nine gigs of ram. Right now I cannot get more ram so I need another option so my ram is used efficiently. I know I can search for something online but I am afraid of getting something that will mess up my computer.

I have seen ads of a company that supposed to speed up computers but I do not trust them. I want to find something that works and is trustworthy. Anyone with money can pay for ads on tv and that does not mean they are trust worthy.

Outertech's Cacheman.

Thank you very much! I wish there was a way to search by post instead of just by thread. It is hard for me to refind things in these big threads.

I thought I did a trial pay thing to get cacheman but trial play has not acknowledged it

edited December 1969

Morning. Glorious Spring day here, golden sunshine and warm and I'm stuck indoors waaah

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

"Loves* :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...I know it's early but after reading tjohn's Haiku

...The Deaf Ears Complaint Thread.

...great mother, how have felt that so many times.

This discussion has been closed.