No Idea

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have NO idea HOW the new forum works! They are not listed in any logical order?

Comments

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

I am having trouble just staying logged in.

Half the time I have "Not Fred Smith?" or some other name on the screen. Daz seems to think I am someone new every time I come near the site.

I hate to be such a luddite, but this doesn't seem better to me :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have NO idea HOW the new forum works! They are not listed in any logical order?

The order hasn't really changed from what it was on the old forums, as you will see if you check the old index here

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

OK, "Moving Pictures" is now called "Animation" and a lot of forums no longer exist, but that is about the biggest difference.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

If you click the Log out link when done for the session you should avoid the "Not ..." bit, at least in my experience.

Threads are listed in the order in which they were started, but the order doesn't change when a new post is added.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Threads are listed in the order in which they were started, but the order doesn't change when a new post is added.

Any idea when that's gonna get fixed? You'd think sorting threads by last post's date would be the forum software's default setting, this is weird.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Any idea when that's gonna get fixed? You'd think sorting threads by last post's date would be the forum software's default setting, this is weird.

It is. Unfortunately they're still reading the manual so it might be a while before they find this specific setting. >:-(

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

If you click the Log out link when done for the session you should avoid the "Not ..." bit, at least in my experience.

Which it SHOULD. It's very confusing to old and new forum folks to not see the thread they just posted to not forwarded to the top of the list in the forum. Also when posting to a thread and the page reloads one is not auto scrolled to the the bottom where their post is, just stays at the top. This software, while it's better in a few ways is really need of allot more tweaking ... should have had all this done before going prime time in my not so humble opinion!

edited December 1969

Can we lynch them now, huh? Can we huh huh? :vampire:

edited December 1969

Now now... only tar and feathers in this here forum~! ;-)~

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

But Tar and feathers would muck up the new clean look. :bug:

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Isn't that kind of the idea? We don't like this place. We're artists. We need clutter! Avatars, signatures, auto-sized images but above all we want it all sorted! Someone get me a chicken! :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Isn't that kind of the idea? We don't like this place. We're artists. We need clutter! Avatars, signatures, auto-sized images but above all we want it all sorted! Someone get me a chicken! :coolgrin:

:coolgrin: HEAR HEAR! *applauds wildly* :coolgrin:

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

I tried finding a couple of threads I had read earlier and while I was searching, I believe I found a pattern for thread order... it is either based on regional barometric pressure or local field mouse populations... I've been leaning more heavily towards the mouse theory...
    Could some of you out there please go out to the nearest field, mark off an area between 49 ft or 15 meters and break that down into small grid sections of about 6 ft or 2 meters... please count all the mice you catch and if possible separately tally male and female... baby mice count too. Some of you may live in areas where field mice are not available, in which case: wallabies, llamas, komodo dragons, alligators and shifty eyed politicians can be substituted for the rodents.
    Thanks... if we all work together, we can sort this out... or all go insane together. Either way we'll do it as a community.

Well... except for me.... I already went insane quite some time ago.

edited December 1969

Call the doctor, The Lord has gone nuts! lmao

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Which it SHOULD. It's very confusing to old and new forum folks to not see the thread they just posted to not forwarded to the top of the list in the forum. Also when posting to a thread and the page reloads one is not auto scrolled to the the bottom where their post is, just stays at the top. This software, while it's better in a few ways is really need of allot more tweaking ... should have had all this done before going prime time in my not so humble opinion!

Please tell me those, I think it may well calm the angst!

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319
    edited June 2012

Some of you may live in areas where field mice are not available, in which case: wallabies, llamas, komodo dragons, alligators and shifty eyed politicians can be substituted for the rodents.

Does it matter what type of politician? We're blessed with three types out here: corrupt, crazy, and totally bugnuts.

If the politicians *have* to be shifty eyed, I guess that's just the corrupt ones. The other two types are of the wild eyed species.

BTW: Is it just me, or does anyone else find it scary that someone with the word Chaos in their name is calling the forums too random?

Post edited by Crescent on
    edited December 1969

Wiccan1 said:
    RAMWolff said:

Please tell me those, I think it may well calm the angst!

Actually, right now, this very minute.. I couldn't tell ya. I was just trying to be positive! BAH!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

TRUST NO ONE

DAZ_SOON.jpg
    646 x 768 - 212K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

LOL :-D

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

OMG best post today M'Lord!

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Someone get me a chicken LMFAO

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ROFL lordvicore! That poster should be the new DAZ site down/we're working on it image, I swear. LOL! :lol:

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'm beginning to use "View New Posts" and "View Today's Active Topics" instead of wading through each page/post. I still prefer the bump system though.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

LOL!!!! Great poster!
    *bows to lordvicore*

Agree, it should be the new Daz site down page...

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LMAO!! :lol:

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or has almost everything Daz 3D done to make improvements in the past couple of years [software, website, forums, etc] just been half baked?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

LOL! Nope only you.

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    LOL! Nope only you.

Somehow I think not... ;-P

edited December 1969

*chuckles* at Frank!