New Release: DWD: Dystopian Worker Drone [Commercial]

Comments

• decibeldecibel Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    Not sure if you've noticed this already, but also shown below is the "sensor" located at the "palm" which allows the DWD to better "see" what it is holding or manipulating. It pretty much makes the challenge of hand-eye coordination insignificant, when you've got an "eye" on your hand.
    Cheers! — Möe

http://youtu.be/mdRa4cLDopY

Here is a test animation I ran back when I was testing the hand poses. It's very rough so feel free to laugh at it. : )
    The real value is just to get a look at the sequence for its use of the camera embedded in the hands.

Everything I did was rendered in Poser 8 and the tanks and Goliaths added in After Effects.

And just to note re: Moe's Fly Catching Movie, there is a fly catching hand pose included, but no fly.

More later,

deci6el

DWDTac.png
    480 x 351 - 214K
  • jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

And there i was struggling to get those broomsticks right for the render :ohh:.

How would i manage to even try to catch a fly!? :down:

I like the animations :cheese:.

Grtz Jean-Claude

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 571
    edited September 2012

some of you will not know how long this one has been in the workshop, well it was worth the wait.
    anyways heres a test render of a very versatile droid.
    yes four hands are better than two

dweed03.jpg
    899 x 746 - 117K
    dweed02.jpg
    1664 x 777 - 614K
    Post edited by myotherworld on
  • rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

SoulTaker said:
    yes four hands are better than two

Twice as many hands shaken in any given amount of time! The ideal politician!... :cheese:
  • Moebius87Moebius87 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I really liked how you've stacked them up... and it looks like you've got him carrying a bit of kit from one of Nightshift's sets... and that corridor looks like something I released over a decade ago! That modular set pre-dates Dystopia. :-)

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    And there i was struggling to get those broomsticks right for the render :ohh:.

How would i manage to even try to catch a fly!? :down:

I like the animations :cheese:.

Grtz Jean-Claude

Hehehehe... I cheated. I started with the fly caught in the fingers at frame 150 then went backwards to an open position. Doing things the old fashioned way by beginning with the end in mind.

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    I really liked how you've stacked them up... and it looks like you've got him carrying a bit of kit from one of Nightshift's sets... and that corridor looks like something I released over a decade ago! That modular set pre-dates Dystopia. :-)

Cheers! — Möe

He stacked easily and very well, I have no problems with him, he’s the new goal keeper at dystopian steel.
    Well spotted on DZfires kit and yes the corridor is yours, may be 10 years old but stands up for its self today (has it realy been 10 years)
    edited December 1969

SoulTaker said:
    Moebius87 said:

Cheers! — Möe

He stacked easily and very well, I have no problems with him, he’s the new goal keeper at dystopian steel.
    Well spotted on DZfires kit and yes the corridor is yours, may be 10 years old but stands up for its self today (has it realy been 10 years)

Oh dear... I guessed wrong then... I said "Nightshift", but then you confirmed it as a "DZfire" item.

Yes, it has been a little more than ten years since I released the "Deco-Tech Modular Props" (with Platypus3d) over at that other place. A render in my gallery there has a date of September 5, 2002. I'm really glad to see that it still does it's job fairly well. :-)

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    SoulTaker said:
    Moebius87 said:

Cheers! — Möe

Oh dear... I guessed wrong then... I said "Nightshift", but then you confirmed it as a "DZfire" item.

Yes, it has been a little more than ten years since I released the "Deco-Tech Modular Props" (with Platypus3d) over at that other place. A render in my gallery there has a date of September 5, 2002. I'm really glad to see that it still does it's job fairly well. :-)

Cheers! — Möe
    I must Apologise. my bad, you are right I am wrong it was nightshift and not DZfire.

edited December 1969

Hey, in regards of my issue with DWD_B and _C.

I can confirm it's an issue with the latest beta version, i reinstalled the previous build (4.5.0.114) and every thing loads just fine, no crash.
    In the beta, it doesn't load the toso of B and C (not the unity) and when you move your cursur in the view port it crashes :down: .
    Gosh, having a hard time explaining and translating this in my head. :ohh:

So the good news is that your product is fine :cheese:, just the beta version doesn't like it :long: .

Now should i (try to) file in a bug report or will one of you guy's (PA's) do it? If you have the time, that is.
    If not, i'll do my best to file one.

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Now should i (try to) file in a bug report or will one of you guy's (PA's) do it?

Do it, you have more weight being a D|S user and a paying customer... I guess SoulTaker will file one too, but it's clearly a case of "the more the merrier".
    edited December 1969

Ok, i filed a report, ID is '0048022'. For those that want to add something :).

Now hoping for a easy fix :cheese: .

Grtz Jean-Claude

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Question, can it use Gen4 poses?

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

I would say no, it's a totaly different figure than generation 4 characters.

It does come with some pose presets :).

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

You could always try and see what happens. It probably won't be pretty because the DWD as a robot has a different joint setup than most other characters (human). Limits and disabled channels restrict his movement appropriate to what he is and any human pose would have a different number of bones.

The poses included are a good start plus its good to start from scratch just to get used to the rig and how its unique to other robots.
    As I learned to use it I thought it was a fun character to pose.

edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Ok, i filed a report, ID is '0048022'. For those that want to add something :). Now hoping for a easy fix :cheese: .

Thank you very much for filing a bug report!

We really appreciate that you've added your voice to helping get this addressed. Ever since the overhaul of this site, you could say that Team-Dystopia (a collective group of half a dozen or so PA's) has a list of requests that has been swept quietly under the rug. I suppose that they will get to them later on, once they've fixed all the other stuff that isn't working perfectly.

Cheers! — Möe

edited September 2012

Zev0 said:

Nope.

Definitely not. I designed and modeled the figure to allow for robotic motions with a specific limited range. There are some motions however that the human figure is not capable of, which can be done quite easily by the DWD (like a 360° pivot around the hip). A move like that would snap a person's spinal cord.

Come to think of it... I've never seen a Gen4 figure rendered beside a "dweed" before, so I would be very curious to see how they scale up beside one another. :cheese:

I think that the base poses included with the original package would be more than sufficient to cover most labor tasks a "dweed" would be instructed to perform. If you have more specialized poses in mind... then you're more than likely pushing the unit beyond it's original programming... be careful... you may start another robot-riot. ;-P

Cheers! — Möe

Post edited by Moebius87 on
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    jeanke said:
    Ok, i filed a report, ID is '0048022'. For those that want to add something :). Now hoping for a easy fix :cheese: .

Thank you very much for filing a bug report!

We really appreciate that you've added your voice to helping get this addressed. Ever since the overhaul of this site, you could say that Team-Dystopia (a collective group of half a dozen or so PA's) has a list of requests that has been swept quietly under the rug. I suppose that they will get to them later on, once they've fixed all the other stuff that isn't working perfectly.

Cheers! — Möe

No problem, i like my bought products to work as it should %-P .

It should be fixed in the next release of DS 4.5.

Grtz Jean-Claude

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited September 2012

Here's the render I mentioned earlier. :) You can see it full-size and uncompressed at my deviantArt gallery.

Daddy's Helper

Daddys_Helper_postwork.png
    1800 x 1500 - 5M
    Post edited by Zaarin on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for posting this here!

I've had moments like this with my very own 5-year old son... and adorable as the offer to help sounds, they really do get in the way. With a sigh of resignation we have to take the task at hand, along with the added responsibility of teaching our kids and giving them something useful (and safe) to do. He sits at my elbow while I model, and cannot understand why I freak out every time he moves my arm... (which is holding the mouse, that's trying to do some precise manipulations).

Speaking of arms... why does it look like this DWD unit doesn't have hands at the end of its wrists?

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

Any other DWD pictures anyone wants to share?

edited December 1969

We are on SALE! :cheese:

The entire Team-Dystopia product theme category is on sale, including the Dystopian Worker Drone for 30% off until the middle of this month.

Cheers! — Möe

edited November 2012

>>>>>>>>>>>>>DWD Hand Out<<<<<<<<<<<<<</a>

Check out this YouTube Animation ^^^^^^^^^^^

A test that got carried away, originally just to show how the DWD could be used effectively at different scales. Now its started some rumors of a secret robot sect practicing bizarre hand rituals. :-)

Stay tuned,

dB

DWDCommercial.jpg
    650 x 365 - 96K
    Post edited by decibel on
    edited December 1969

That animation is awsome, love it.:-).

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited December 1969

Thanks, Jean-Claude!

I hope to do many more but perhaps in not so formal a setting. Ha!

dB

• Note the Date I am posting this comment:

I believe the Dystopian Worker Drone (Dweed) is still the best constructed and skinned Droid/Robot ever made  - EVER!

Can somebody please remind me who the artist is? I have this model & all the add-ons, but I cannot remmber the artists name so that I can find the texture folder to play with.

the attached picture was rendered in Poser 11 with SuperFly, but with the default FireFly materials - absolutely beautiful!!! I wasnt to make Iray Materials, but I need to locate the texture folder.

Thanx!!!

DWDroid 272_00.jpg
    392 x 819 - 67K
  • I'm assuming you checked and it doesn't have a readme or the readme is missing the file information. If you load it in DS, can you check the surfaces tab to see where the textures are located?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Isn't it Moebius?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,061
    d32un3d said:

Note the Date I am posting this comment:

I believe the Dystopian Worker Drone (Dweed) is still the best constructed and skinned Droid/Robot ever made  - EVER!

Can somebody please remind me who the artist is? I have this model & all the add-ons, but I cannot remmber the artists name so that I can find the texture folder to play with.

the attached picture was rendered in Poser 11 with SuperFly, but with the default FireFly materials - absolutely beautiful!!! I wasnt to make Iray Materials, but I need to locate the texture folder.

Thanx!!!

Artist - Moebius87

Textures - /Runtime/Textures/deci6el/Dweed/ . . .

Other items - /Runtime/Libraries/<library>/Figures/Dweed/ . . .  where <library> is Pose, Materials, Characters

PDF at /ReadMe's/15024 dystopianworkerdrone.pdf

• Thank you namffuak. I actually founf them under Dweed. I wish I knew what happened to this product. I haven't been able to find it on DAZ or Renderosity for a few years now. Such a waist if it has been forever removedf from the market. I'd love to see a DAZ Studio version someday! I'll have rto see if I can hunt down Moebius now to see if this product still exists somewhere. Thank you all for your responses - AlmightyQUEST - Fixmypcmike - namffuak