made in Blender, rendered in DAZ - a glass

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I need to ask another question. In Blender, I made a glass - a drinking glass (because again I get frustrated with Hexagon), and brought into Daz. IN Daz it was the solid white object, then I worked with Surface and got it semi-clear and a really pretty light blue, even added some reflection and lowered the opacity to make it clear and made it really pretty. BUT when I do the render, it's back to the solid object...WHY?????

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

In studio most people do glass with near full transparency and use reflection and specularity to make the glass show up. Try lowering the opacity to about 4 and using the blue as the reflection color.

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

I added the Shader Mixer - glass, it's sorta clear in the work view but in the render it came out almost like cut crystal (?), I mean it is pretty. But I prefer the pretty light blue I got them first.

crystal_glass.jpg
    550 x 397 - 67K
    Post edited by texjones on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Did you apply refraction? If so, which version of DS are you uisng? If not, could you post your material settings - either screenshots or a link to a saved preset.

edited September 2012

This is how they look in the working window, this is how I'd like for them to come out. And here are the settings pt1, and working with them a bit. I am working in 4.5 Pro

glasses_and_setting1.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 202K
    edited September 2012

and here's working withem the settings a bit....lowering the opacity made it really dull...

glasses_and_settings2.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 199K
    edited December 1969

This is a little better, I turned the smoother off. There is a greenish tint because of the candle, I put a linear light in there set at white and that brought out the blue, but not as pretty...The ridges that got left behind from Blender to me adds something to the character of the glasses, and not just boring ol' straight. The three ridges is because of a tutorial I watched.

table_for_two_-2.jpg
    550 x 397 - 67K
    edited December 1969

Almost there, I guess the glass is picking up reflections from the bar lights, besides the candle.

table_for_two_-3.jpg
    550 x 397 - 70K
    edited December 1969

I guess this is about the best I can get it, when considering the reflective nature of glass, the light and color bouncing off allows the eyes and mind to see them as glass. This is about as pretty as I can get them. I also adjusted the Bumps..

table_for_two_-4.jpg
    550 x 397 - 67K