Looking for Metal Skin

factor40factor40 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I seem to remember a product here on DAZ that gave a metal skin to either all or part of the model. I can't find it now and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is this for V4, and one for M4 as well.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/silver-textures-for-v4

There is also AikoBot as well.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Or you could apply any of the Metal shaders to the figure. Many sets in the shop.

• factor40factor40 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I should have clarified. It wasn't a texture, if I'm not mistaken it was a conforming prop.

Example

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Don't remember seeing anything about her that looks like that I'm afraid, sorry.

Someone will know if it was though, so hang around :)

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

factor40 said:
    Sorry, I should have clarified. It wasn't a texture, if I'm not mistaken it was a conforming prop.

For that, I'd use a bodysuit with a metal shader and a custom displacement map to get the ridged look. The Supersuit includes a couple tiled shaders with ridge displacement maps as I recall, though I don't know which sub-pack its in.
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

There is no possible way a prop could do that, ever. A conforming Bodysuit? Well, that could be darn near anything. You have to be a HECK of a lot more specific, because that could be anything from the cat suit to any number of armors.

• factor40factor40 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

You got it! Explains why I couldn't find it in the DAZ store ;)

Many thanks, Jaderail!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not a problem, I'm a JoeQuick fan so I knew where it was.

• Is anyone willing to send me the file to Full Metal Body suit. I cant download it from the site

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Is anyone willing to send me the file to Full Metal Body suit. I cant download it from the site

No, it is no longer available.

• If you can use G3M/M7 (and Iray, as its shaders are Iray only) there is "Android Phase1" at Renderosity. It has that X-Men Collosus metal banded look.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Is anyone willing to send me the file to Full Metal Body suit. I cant download it from the site

If you must absolutely have it, then it would be best to get in contact with the creator of it, joequick.

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Very old bumped thread, but ... Geoshell? One of the Iray metal shaders? (or 3Delight equivalent). A product isn't really necessary.

If using a body suit -- I got mine for V4 and Mr free when Daz gave away their "hero" bundles a while back -- is handy because then you can create tansparency maps with any graphics program, and more precisely control what gets metalized, and what doesn't.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453

Have you taken a look at "Cyberpunk for M4" and the "Cyberpunk M4 Expansion"? http://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-for-m4  and  http://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-m4-expansion