When I export them with FBX format, the direction setting of the bone is lost.

denpabidenpabi Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

When I export them with FBX format, the direction setting of the bone is lost.
The direction setting of all bones becomes the direction same as a route.

When I bend a finger, it is necessary to change the value of 3 axes.
When they choreograph a whole body in this, work loads increase.
Strange drift happens when I fail in setting a little.
If the direction setting of the bone is exported normally, I think that I finish it by changing the value of 1 axis.

I wish a program is updated so that the direction setting of the bone is exported.
It is very splendid if immediate.

Comments

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

What application are you going to?

In DAZ FBX, the orientation of the bone is reflected in the PreRotate and PostRotate. I know DAZ FBX to maya and motionbuilder works as expected.

a.png
    1316 x 947 - 301K
  • denpabidenpabi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for checking with them.

Applications used is unity3D.
    Another, it is contained in FBXViewer FBXConverter2013.1.

Other models in the FBX rotation is not lost.

Results are different even in the same application made ​​by Autodesk

So what's the difference? Whether there is a difference between a minor format?

fbxviewer.png
    782 x 964 - 73K
  • dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Unity transforms do not support a PreRotate or a PostRotate, but any animation exported out of Studio will get converted correctly. Are you animating the character inside Unity?

FBXConverter2013 is not real helpful because you can't animate in it. Granted it does seem to indicate that the bones are not oriented right, I assure you that they are. If you open it in MotionBuilder or Maya, it will be correct. To test this in FBXConverter2013 , you could save the fbx file in ascii format and then change a single rotation value on one the fingers in the text file and it would rotate along the correct axis.

• denpabidenpabi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Creating animation was done in unity3D.

There is a data model that the orientation of the axis is reflected in unity3D,
    I'll try to compare text files.

• edited July 2014

It doesn't work for me. I tried every 3d app (3ds max, MotionBuildre, Maya, Cinema4D). The local pivot of the bones align to the world, and not to the bones. I also tried a lot of version of fbx, but none of theme work. Do anybody know a solution?

Post edited by pataikrisztian_1daf76608a on