• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Saw that, looking into it for you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The mystery of the disappearing colours,

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Anne, I love your Amy and David renders, and the pirate turned out rather nicely, too. I think you have a strong sense of composition, which is something I struggle with. Keep up the good work! :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited January 2013

I can't believe it's been this long since I posted a render.

No goal with this one, just playing with 50% Julie and 50% Steph 4, Chelsea hair.

Eta: Forgot render

at_julieS4_ChelseaGreen2.jpg
    1224 x 918 - 748K
    Post edited by atticanne on
    edited December 1969

Anne my dear I can see just how far you have came in just this one render. I can see only one thing you need to set down and spend some time on. Lighting. With just a bit of playing I think you have the skills needed to get this to blend into one perfect render. First look hard at you BG image and study the light in it. I see lots of very Diffuse and Ambent light, not many shadows at all. Now you set for an hour or so and play with the Render lighting, many Spot renders, till its so close your figure just blends in.

This is a great render, but I know you and you want me to be truthful and help if I can. I hope I have done both.

edited December 1969

You'll have to walk me through the lighting. The BG is just a 2D jpg that I picked up.

edited December 1969

Still a good render, from start to now I see how much you have learned. I bet you know more than you think.

I'll do a special Daz Basics post for you Dear Lady.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well done anne! Great to see you back into it, it has been a while :)

And what would we do without Jader :cheese:

Will regard to lighting, I generally use about 5-6 lights for studio style (No walls/roofing).

I find that distant lights are very affective for "Studio" style renders, but they can be problematic in scenes where there are walls and roofing as they become an obstacle. Of my average lights, 3-4 will be varied angles aimed at the figure from the front. 1 of those front ones will be more brighter than the others, and will serve as the main light. The second will be subtle to help neutralize some more extreme shadows. The other two will be used to balance the lighting. I use the 5th-6th lights as back lights. One subtle the other quite bright as to light up the edge of the figure. Uber environments are also useful for studio renders, their like a global light, I use one with subtle strength to help simulate light bouncing of the environment (Evens things subtly).

Spot lights are either used for the spot light effect, or a torch, or lamp etc... Or they can be used in render scenes such as interiors like a lounge room or dining room. They are very affective interior lights for full scenes. Most of my set lights in my News7 renders were spotlights.

Linea point lights (LPL) are the BEST light to make the most out of character texture details. I prefer linea point lights over point lights as they have full control over the affect the light has over the scene. Very useful for full scene renders :) For subtle character lighting to assist other lights in illuminating the character effectively, I generally use 4-6 LPL's all very much subtle. (In news7 project, I used about 5 of them to light up the characters)

Just some of what I've learned. I'm looking forward to Jaders tut :)

edited December 1969

Mini Tut now in the New Users Help Forum in my Daz Studio Basics thread. Remember this is Basic info for New users and also remember I'm not a lighting master.

edited December 1969

Really, truly I did render in 2013. I just didn't post anything.

These were done last night, using Spanish Rose settings. All are quickies, nothing finished, but any hints, tips, or suggestions are welcome.

jardinfountainfmsslight01.jpg
    1186 x 889 - 345K
    EveningJardinWithGoldfish.jpg
    1186 x 889 - 605K
    CoWBunka2.jpg
    1186 x 889 - 677K
    edited December 1969

A couple more using Spanish Rose.

S5_Gweneth_Tears_Guitar.jpg
    1186 x 597 - 489K
    JardinWithGoldfish.jpg
    1186 x 889 - 828K
    edited March 2014

YEE to the EFF'in HAW!! My T. Star is back in the GAME!! It's about time my dear... Looking good too I might add. :-P

EDIT: Just move some of da Fish from render to render....Tip.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

welcome back - good to see your work again

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    YEE to the EFF'in HAW!! My T. Star is back in the GAME!! It's about time my dear... Looking good too I might add. :-P

EDIT: Just move some of da Fish from render to render....Tip.

Good idea! I was just happy to instance those fish. Thanks.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    welcome back - good to see your work again

Thanks, Bigh. I thought it was time to render some of the stuff I've just saved and done nothing else with.

edited December 1969

I finally modelled something. This is from a tutorial by Winterbrose and only used primitives.

at_Rocketship1b.jpg
    1792 x 1195 - 163K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Hey, good going! Your first model? Wow, mine would be a square blobby thing, and here you go with attachments! What did you model it in? You should definitely do more of them :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,785
    edited December 1969

nice one Anne :coolsmile: