ARTCollab Store Sale and The Control Room and Mini Contest [COMMERCIAL]

Comments

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

@Ann and Miss B: Thank you! :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I just have to pop in and mention how much I LOVE Twinkle!! :) She is definitely one of my most favorite characters for V4. Seriously... I LOVE HER!!! I love her so much I even made a freebie for her!! :

http://www.art-collabstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=175

Ohhhhh, I remember this. ;)
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

"Too Many Goodbyes".

I'm starting to think I'll never buy another sci fi set that's not from ARTCollaborations cos the ones they are doing are just so fantastic! :D

controlroom.jpg
    624 x 924 - 672K
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    "Too Many Goodbyes".

I'm starting to think I'll never buy another sci fi set that's not from ARTCollaborations cos the ones they are doing are just so fantastic! :D

Very cool render Jaki! :) Love the colors and the emotion! :) And on the other comment...all I have to say is *blush* TY :)

edited September 2012

For all those who have bought the Control Room and would like to win some other ARTCollab items and our looking for some fun/interesting ideas for a render or just wanna try something a little different:

We would love to see some renders of the following:

Guy killed at one of the stations (Sitting hunched over at the station kinda thing)
    Battle Scene utilizing the environment
    Render from an unexpected camera angle (Always love to see these)
    Someone hiding in the control room
    Aliens have taken over (Render of Alien beings using or taking control of the ship)

The first people to render an image and post it on the topics above will win a prize :)

HAPPY RENDERING!!!!!

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Cool! A render challenge

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited September 2012

First, this is not an entry in the contest (I've got my prize already), and, maybe it's too suggestive for the DAZ-forums (but it's no nudity).

Captain's first mate

Image removed by prudish mod

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Master of all he surveys - M4 Cyborg standing in the Control Room, done in DS4.5, via Reality to LuxRender, finally a bit of psotwork to tidy up a few fireflies.

Bridge.jpg
    800 x 800 - 317K
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Master of all he surveys - M4 Cyborg standing in the Control Room, done in DS4.5, via Reality to LuxRender, finally a bit of psotwork to tidy up a few fireflies.

Is this an entry in my little contest? Could fall under the Alien being thing me thinks :) Let me know :) Very cool image either way..I especially love the different light coloring that is carried through this. Very cool! :)

Totte: ROFL Yeah IDK if it is or isn't too suggestive (I can certainly picture the rest LOL) but I got to see it so if its pulled I saw it first LOL But ROFL I am thinking getting the pants like that was a really PITA or would seem to have been one anyway LOL

edited December 1969

Totte: ROFL Yeah IDK if it is or isn't too suggestive (I can certainly picture the rest LOL) but I got to see it so if its pulled I saw it first LOL But ROFL I am thinking getting the pants like that was a really PITA or would seem to have been one anyway LOL

LOL, the pants had a drop morph (Sickleyield), never used it but I though I had to once anyway.
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    First, this is not an entry in the contest (I've got my prize already), and, maybe it's too suggestive for the DAZ-forums (but it's no nudity).

Captain's first mate

ROFL!!!
    edited September 2012

Some death (still not a contest entry)

I've made ten new star field textures for the sky-prop, just checking where I'm gonna put it (not at my usual freebee place at Rendo though...

Ship of death

ship-of-death_pw.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 120K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Some death (still not a contest entry)

I've made ten new star field textures for the sky-prop, just checking where I'm gonna put it (not at my usual freebee place at Rendo though...

Ship of death

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE hehehe :) Very cool render...eerie too O.o

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Victoria the IV wearing Eden's Flame Outfit and wandering around outside The Control Room.

Texture is Surreality's Modern Muses Epiphany.

Flame.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 488K
  • edited December 1969

Not an entry, just having some fun with The Control Room. I love the details in this set!

Control_Room_1.jpg
    800 x 656 - 126K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Captain's first mate

I think I detect Richard's snark here. :P
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Is this an entry in my little contest? Could fall under the Alien being thing me thinks :) Let me know :) Very cool image either way..I especially love the different light coloring that is carried through this. Very cool! :)

It did not start out at being an entry, but like you thought it might sneak in under the 'aliens' category, so do feel free in taking it as such :)

I, too, saw Totte's image before it met the coldness of vacuum and it had me laughing!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

ok now i want to see this image that had a mod choking. LOL

edited September 2012

OK, censored

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

WOW love the renders! Nice job both of you!!! :)

Simon: Please PM me ;)

Totte...if you are gonna post that I think you have to post it somewhere where there is an age restriction thingy like on Deviant etc where they have to be over 18 (or at least say they are) to view it so it may get pulled again LOL

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    OK, censored

Uh huh, I thought Richard would pull that link too. Ann had a good suggestion though, put it up somewhere like Deviant Art that has controls for that sort of image. I didn't think it was so bad, but this is a family-oriented forum, AND we have at least one teenaged member (or did on the old forum), so we have to take care with what we post here. I think once they get the galleries back up and working, there might be controls for that sort of thing, but never here on the forum.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,201
    edited September 2012

We're hoping for filters on forum posts, though we would probably still be more restrictive than some other sites.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    OK, censored

LOL Poor Totte LOL

Do you have a Deviant Account? If so you can put it up with the nudity flag and then link it and its fine :) I know Ive seen others do that in the past :)

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

Aha! I thought sci-fi seemed slightly out of genre for you (though you do it so well!). I for one am loving the set; I'm working on a render featuring all my new goodies today, including this. :)

Very much so...DAZ kinda pushed and encouraged us to go this direction and try to do the Loading Dock (I owe them a big debt of gratitude for the nudge LOL) and we said um ok we'll um try? (We do like fairies and real world stuff etc LOL so was a stretch) but they said something worn and instantly I thought of Firefly and I said ooooooooo hehe and well it just kinda went fairly naturally from there though all along the way DAZ gave us really great advice and helped us kinda get into a different train of thought which really made doing something this different really comfortable :).

Worn and tired fairies could be good.

Thanks for the Control Room. Were it not for this thread I would have missed it.

edited December 1969

:) I will have to keep that in mind next time I do a faery though honestly fae items don't do so well for us although by far they are my preference to make (along with Toony stuff). Not sure why exactly but so I've been trying to limit doing them since it seems people don't like mine or maybe they just have enough other ones all ready. Really not sure which is the issue LOL :)

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Was worried someone would beat me to these, as I bought this Friday, but could not download until late yesterday evening (stupid store bugs)...then having slow and old machines and all. So I put all my work on hold, took a break from pose packs and textures, and whipped these up (third one isn't done yet). I decided to tie this into a Pulp-Sci-Fi semi-commedy I was working on as a joke years ago called "Savage Universe" and was based on the premise of a little Flash Gordon, a little Classic Trek, suitably bad writing and lots of puns, and a starship commanded by Macho Man Randy Savage (and if I can get an M3/M4 morph of him, I may actually make this as a tribute to him).

Here's an excerpted pannel:
    Entry as "Aliens have taken over"

Salvage Crew"The ship is ours. Secure the main data terminals, get the interior sensors online, and find out what happened to the crew!" Consortium enforcers sieze control of the bridge of the "Marrianne Celestral", a cargo vessel found adrift in neutral space. Little could they know this would set the Consortium and the United Earth Coalition on a course for WAR.

Rendered on a Pentium 2.66ghz Dual core. Compiled in Poser 7 Pro and rendered in Poser 2010. The Flayer figure uses custom material settings and a custom bodysuit matte. Color and Contrast corection done in Photoshop.

CREDITS: ARTCollaborations, Sixus1, Groto, Image Nation, Winston1984, KageRyu,

Full Size http://kageryu.deviantart.com/art/Salvage-Crew-328925368

Cthulhu_in_Space.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 413K
    Post edited by KageRyu on
    edited September 2012

The next entry as "Battle Scene utilizing the Environment"

Hold the Bridge
    "Savage Universe - Adventures in the Lost Teritories" Continues. "Space is vast and dark, and goes on and on, forever. There's like - alien worlds - undiscovered technology - and unimaginable threats and horrors. ...We(Captain Savage & his ship, the Hogan) are all that stands between humanity and slavery, or total anihiliation. That's why we will hunt down these alien slime, and snap into them! OH YEAH!" In our last episode Jake and Jessi had been boarded by United Earth Coalition Security forces after blasting their way out of the Starport at Hollengraed. Now they must decide to fight for the "Marrianne Celestral" or surrender themselves to the merciless and corrupt justice of General Zarkopff!

CREDITS: ARTCollaborations, Sixus1, Groto, Image Nation, Winston1984, Uzilite, Semiedieu, Poseworks, DZFire, Gorodin, Jepe, 3DC, Mostly Digital, Poserworld, KageRyu

Full Size http://kageryu.deviantart.com/art/Hold-the-Bridge-328925594

Hold_The_Bridge.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 422K
    Post edited by KageRyu on
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

I really LOVE this set - and luckily I have the other 2 already :-) Hope I'm in time for the contest, and that this will count since the aliens aren't really "taking over" - thanks so much for creating these -Cathy (Hope this isn't too dark - it's hard to tell on my monitor, for some reason if I am sitting down pictures look really dark, and then when I stand up they look fine)

Alien_Vessel.jpg
    1260 x 787 - 237K
    edited December 1969

Here's the third image, just finished, and it could possibly be a three-fer (count toward three categories):
    For consideration in the following categories:
    Aliens taking over
    Guy killed at one of the stations
    Unexpected Camera Angle (questionable on this one, but definately not the normal view)

Finders Keepers
    "Savage Universe - Adventures in the Lost Teritories" starts out with a bang. "Space is vast and dark, and goes on and on, forever. There's like - alien worlds - undiscovered technology - and unimaginable threats and horrors. ...We(Captain Savage & his ship, the Hogan) are all that stands between humanity and slavery, or total anihiliation. That's why we will hunt down these alien slime, and snap into them! OH YEAH!" In this first exciting issue, the cargo vessel "Marrianne Celestral" is found adrift by Consortium forces - all hands lost. However, the Consortium forces are not alone, as Deep Space salvagers also stumble upon the drifting derelict and the Consortium ship in neutral space, and rush to asist the beleagered vessel they asume to be under siege from the Consortium. This single event sets tyhe United Earth Coalition and the Consortium on a collision course for WAR! Captain Randolph Savage is commissioned to command the UECS Hoagan on a desperate mission of peace - through superior firepower. Can Captain Savage and his unorthodox crew hold the alien menace at bay?

CREDITS: ARTCollaborations, Sixus1, Groto, Image Nation, Winston1984, Uzilite, Semiedieu, Poseworks, DZFire, Gorodin, KageRyu

http://kageryu.deviantart.com/art/Finders-Keepers-329028349

I also redid the battle scene and applied some magic to make it look more like traditional comic book art - really makes the furry sidekick in the back stand out better now.

Hold_The_Bridge(ComicStyled).jpg
    960 x 1280 - 748K
    Finders_Keepers.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 354K
    edited December 1969

WOW great renders both of you!

Kage I see you were on a roll! :) Very cool!

Cath: Nope not too late and yes it still counts :) I said took over...but never said in a good or bad way. They do seem to be controlling the ship so I say it qualifies :)

Both of you please PM me when you get a chance :)

PS I never put a limit on how many of each type of thing I would take either so if you still want to participate but the one you wanted to do was done all ready, no worries they still count :)