How do I make Genesis blink?

3dsamm3dsamm Posts: 63
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi there!

I am using daz 4.0 pro. Id like to make my genesis blink. I have bought animate2.

I dont know much about expressions.. there are some expressions under animateplus but this is for V4 characters.

I thought there were some for animate2 but I cannot find them.. will I need to buy those also or is there some other way someone can recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Expression morphs will appear if you select Genesis' Head.

Try this:

Select Genesis' Head
    On the Parameter or Shaping tab, select the All Group
    Search for eye

If you don't have a long "eye" list like my example (I actually have 23 eye morphs), they came from the Genesis Head Morph pack.

ScreenShot002.jpg
    369 x 642 - 43K
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

This shaping tab looks all too familiar. Yesterday I tried to make a figure look up, I was in this shaping tab too, but I did not find a slider for this. Any suggestions?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you select the Genesis Head, and look in the Parameters tab under General, you will find a Bend slider. Plus values make the head look down, minus values make it look up. Is that what you mean?

edited December 1969

No, the head should stay as it is, just the eyes should look upwards.

edited December 1969

Then you want the 'Eyes Up-Down' morph slider, I have it in my Parameters tab, but I don't know what package it was in.

edited December 1969

The Eyes Up-Down is in the Base Genesis morphs, so you should have it.

• jp2012_1b46bb493ejp2012_1b46bb493e Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

To make it blink, I would set a keyframe with the eyes open, then set another keyframe 2 or 3 frames later with the eyes closed, then another 2 or 3 frames later with the eyes open again. I hope that helps.

edited December 1969

Then you want the 'Eyes Up-Down' morph slider, I have it in my Parameters tab, but I don't know what package it was in.

Thank you! (I would have thanked sooner but the site did not want to let me post a reply to this thread for some weird reason.)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Probably because you posted a comment that was the same as previous comments you had posted elsewhere. There is some sort of spam filter that won't allow too many identical posts, but blocks them being posted.

If you get the unable to submit error again just alter the wording of your post, and it will allow you to post it.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Probably because you posted a comment that was the same as previous comments you had posted elsewhere. There is some sort of spam filter that won't allow too many identical posts, but blocks them being posted.

If you get the unable to submit error again just alter the wording of your post, and it will allow you to post it.

Wow, I didn´t know this. It happened to me several times already but I never imagined something like this might be causing it. Very strange. Thanks for the tip.

• 3dsamm3dsamm Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

THANKYOU everybody for your replies!!! And so fast - very much appreciated!!

:)

• edited December 1969

You could also use lip sync in ds, so if you load a speaking file, it will put in the blinks for you.