Moonie Madness is Back :)

edited August 2012 in Freebies

Heya! :) There’s great news for Moonies; there’s going to be a new Sailor Moon series this time next year!
Let’s kick the celebration off with a list of the goodies already available!
The Sailor Moon project was started by Realmling (www.realmofsavage.com/). This most skilled lady has made several facial morphs for V4, Sailor Moon hair.
KadiusDar made some great-looking props. These can be found here.
AiharaYukii has seen to it that digital sailor senshi won’t lack for equipment; check out her ShareCg account! :D
PrincessDawn982 has crafted two transformation rods. One is based on the first season pen and the other is based on the season R wand.
Fisty made several lovely objects based on the Super S season
I’ve also made a uniform for Aiko3 which is at www.wrytersfyre.com

There is still a lot to look forward to from the Project.
Realmling has a gorgeous sailor uniform for V4 in progress. Kadius Dar has a beta render of it that looks pretty sharp :D
Aihara has been building more neat things  I’d advise watching her gallery at DeviantArt to see when she’s got something new.
I’ve been building the Dark Gem dress for V4 and the Four Kings’ uniform and have got a poll running concerning the uniform. Would you mind stopping by and voting for the version you want to see done first?

Post edited by rebehm_29c45776f8 on

Comments

• ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting this! :) I'm so excited for the new release of Sailor Moon!

• OkinellOkinell Posts: 2
    edited August 2012

Hi Miss realmling. It's good to know that the project still alive. BTW I wanted to tell you that I'm working in a new Sailor Suit, gloves, tiara and boots for V4 and Genesis. I'm using blender to make the models. If I have some time I'll upload some pics of my work.

EDIT:
    Here it is some of my work...
    W.I.P

Post edited by Okinell on
  • ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Very nice!

Okinell said:
    Hi Miss realmling. It's good to know that the project still alive. BTW I wanted to tell you that I'm working in a new Sailor Suit, gloves, tiara and boots for V4 and Genesis. I'm using blender to make the models. If I have some time I'll upload some pics of my work.

EDIT:
    W.I.P

• KadiusDarKadiusDar Posts: 1
    edited September 2012

Heh, my props aren't that good. But thanks for the comment!

Man, if my comp wasn't dead atm, I'd still be attempting to make props, and work at modeling clothing. I don't figure my mother would like it much, if her 29 year old son filled her laptop full of 'vitual dolls' and played with them for hours on end, giving her no time to check her email and facebook. Heh.... (I'd do it too, if I didn't know any better! :D)

Post edited by KadiusDar on
  • edited December 1969

Okinell said:

EDIT:
    W.I.P

It's looking good, Mav! :)

• edited December 1969

KadiusDar said:
    Heh, my props aren't that good. But thanks for the comment!

Man, if my comp wasn't dead atm, I'd still be attempting to make props, and work at modeling clothing. I don't figure my mother would like it much, if her 29 year old son filled her laptop full of 'vitual dolls' and played with them for hours on end, giving her no time to check her email and facebook. Heh.... (I'd do it too, if I didn't know any better! :D)

I hope you're able to get your computer working soon. It's not a lot of fun when a computer goes down; that's how I spent my summer this year too, right down to trying to not add stuff to Mom's machine.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for posting this! :) I'm so excited for the new release of Sailor Moon!

No problem. I'm glad it delights you. :)

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Okinell said:

EDIT:
    W.I.P

I hate to be a spoilsport, but it looks like its built off of Genesis' geometry. I love it, don't get me wrong, but if it is, I wanted to let you know that is kind of against the EULA... its a pain in my side too.

If it isn't, fantastic job matching it. ;)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Yes, unfortunately it is not permitted to cut bits out of the Genesis mesh (or retopologise them) as the basis for a new clothing item that is to be distributed.

• edited December 1969

Beryl's dress is finally done! :)

You can pick it up here, if you're interested - http://rebehm.deviantart.com/#/d5j2rqe

• VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

The dress looks awesome! But which figure is it for, V4 or A3? Looks like V4 to me, and that would be a pity, since I don't use Gen4 at all :(

• edited December 1969

This version is for Victoria 4 but I do want to build an Aiko3 version too. :) I was going to start with Aiko3, but had a request for a Victoria 4 version.

• OkinellOkinell Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Ariaso said:
    Okinell said:

EDIT:
    W.I.P

I hate to be a spoilsport, but it looks like its built off of Genesis' geometry. I love it, don't get me wrong, but if it is, I wanted to let you know that is kind of against the EULA... its a pain in my side too.

Well, to be honest, I didn't use genesis to make the outfit. I don't like to use genesis. I used V4 instead. And thank you for your suggestion. I'm just curious, using V4 or Aiko to create cloths is illegal??. Because that's the way I'm working.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Okinell said:
    Ariaso said:
    Okinell said:

EDIT:
    W.I.P

Well, to be honest, I didn't use genesis to make the outfit. I don't like to use genesis. I used V4 instead. And thank you for your suggestion. I'm just curious, using V4 or Aiko to create cloths is illegal??. Because that's the way I'm working.

That's what copyright law calls "derivative work," and if you don't have permission from the original creator to make a derivative work, then... yeah, it's illegal.

However, there are options other than using the characters. One that I know is legal is to use the QuickSuit or QuickDress as the base for your clothes - versions of both exist for A3 and V4. Yes, you'll have to start over, but you'll be covered legally.

QuickDress: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlv3qd.html
    QuickSuit: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlquicksuits.html

• edited November 2012

Just to clarify for those who need to know, this is about reusing a character's topology. Daz3d allows people to build addons as long as they do not redistribute - whether in whole or in part - the mesh/character for whom the addon was built. My A3 freebies, like my V4 dress, are addons with their own mesh. It can be done! lol

Checking out Realmling's tutorials might help; many of the methods she uses work in most 3d packages. (tried them out in Blender and was pretty happy with the results). I'm also working on a WIP process for a recent project that might be useful. :)

Hoping your work comes out well! :)

Post edited by rebehm_29c45776f8 on
    edited December 1969

Not a freebie, but "The Unicorn Hair For V4 And A4" over on Renderosity sure looks familiar...

edited March 2014

(blows dust off thread)

Speaking of not-freebie hair, Stigian Princess Hair also looks familiar. Of course, classically-educated readers will already have known that.

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

New "Moonie" freebie for Aiko 3: "Electric Heroine's Boots" by Rebehm
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/75267/browse/11/Poser/Electric-Heroines-Boots