Kingdom of Marrakesh - where did it go?

HeraHera Posts: 1,952
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Hi!

I used to have an item in my wishlist called 'Kingdom of Marrakesh' which is now suddenly gone from there. I've tried searching for it but without luck. Anyone knows what happened to that one? It was a Morocko / Arabian styled courtyard building

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It will return, in time. It was originally sold under the RHS name, will return as Jack Tomalin, with new textures.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

Okay, thanks! Can't wait! Any planned / aproximate date?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

There were quite a few of these "needing new textures" sets, and I think we've had three or four of the refurbished ones done so far. Just have to wait, I'm afraid. On the bright side, the ones I've seen have looked really good — the original textures were good for their time (some of these sets are very old) but the new textures are even better.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited September 2012

Here you go some info for you

To quote Jack:
    Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012

For those who have had Redhouse products on your wish lists and noticed they disappeared a while back - don't worry! They will be making an reappearance as soon as I have re-textured them

The Guildhall has already been done and re-released. The Throne of the Skeleton King is also done and will be released 'soon' (sometime in the next week or so). Baroque Grandeur is about 95% done, and then I will move on the Marrakesh sets.

Also to note, you can continue to use the 'old' versions even when the new versions will come out. The new versions will then only be available to customers from this point forward.

Thanks for your patience.

Throne of the Skeleton King and Baroque Grandeur are now complete and in store.

Post edited by Szark on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...I wonder if he is ever going to rework The Study and Ballroom?

edited September 2012

...I love those sets as they work so well for scenes that take place in Swindon Manor.

...though his Baroque Grandeur and The Library fit very well too.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,118
    edited December 1969

There were quite a few of these "needing new textures" sets, and I think we've had three or four of the refurbished ones done so far. Just have to wait, I'm afraid. On the bright side, the ones I've seen have looked really good — the original textures were good for their time (some of these sets are very old) but the new textures are even better.

Thanks!

Yea, I'm getting there slowly. Regarding the KoM, it's about 90% done, though it keeps getting bumped for more urgent stuff. It is on route though, and hopefully it will be re-released sometime in the next few months.

Appreciate everyone's patience with me, so thanks :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Those two were PC buyouts, so I dont think I will go back to them specifically.. but.. as a topic, yea, I think I'll be touching on similar themes sometime in the future.

edited December 1969

though it keeps getting bumped for more urgent stuff.

Heh, yes, we've seen some of your brand new goodies sneaking into the store recently. I know, I think I've bought most of them. :coolsmile:
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Those two were PC buyouts, so I dont think I will go back to them specifically.. but.. as a topic, yea, I think I'll be touching on similar themes sometime in the future.

I use those two sets more than practically any others I have. The textures could use a refresh, though-- the reflection maps look pretty wonky in DS. :-)

edited September 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

...would love to see you do an English country manor series similar to the Dream Home.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I use those two sets more than practically any others I have. The textures could use a refresh, though-- the reflection maps look pretty wonky in DS. :-)

Very true ;)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...would love to see you do an English country manor series similar to the Dream Home.

Plans are afoot actually, but I can't say any more than that for the moment :)

edited December 1969

...in my best Monty Burns voice...

..eeeeeeexcelllllent!

edited September 2012

Plans are afoot actually, but I can't say any more than that for the moment :)

< whimper > You've said enough — my bank card just spontaneously combusted. Or maybe it was the nice new set that just appeared in the store. Gotta buy 'em all... ;-)
    Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    To quote Jack:
    For those who have had Redhouse products on your wish lists and noticed they disappeared a while back - don't worry! They will be making an reappearance as soon as I have re-textured them

The Guildhall has already been done and re-released. The Throne of the Skeleton King is also done and will be released 'soon' (sometime in the next week or so). Baroque Grandeur is about 95% done, and then I will move on the Marrakesh sets.

Also to note, you can continue to use the 'old' versions even when the new versions will come out. The new versions will then only be available to customers from this point forward.

Sorry for being dense, but what does that mean for those having bought the initial versions? Do they get the updated files, or do they have to buy the stuff all over again? :question:
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:
    Szark said:
    To quote Jack:

Sorry for being dense, but what does that mean for those having bought the initial versions? Do they get the updated files, or do they have to buy the stuff all over again? :question:
    I'm not Jack, but Hall of the Wolfking was a free update while Baroque Grandeur was at a greatly reduced price, iirc.
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I'll wait and see.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

I would still very happily purchase a fireplace add-on for Baroque Grandeure. You do *great* fireplaces.

edited December 1969

rg5a said:
    Szark said:
    To quote Jack:

Sorry, I didn't really explain that part did I.

Previous owners will have to 're-buy' them - but they should get a steep (80%) discount.

I was originally planning to just re-release as free updates, but since I've been adding in a lot of new content (like proper DS support) for the older products, as well as much bigger texture maps, I had to charge to at least try and cover the time I have invested in doing the updates. Since you continue to use both the old and new versions concurrently, you're not losing anything - but gaining a lot.

I think you just add it into your cart, and it should apply the discount automatically. If not, let me know and I will get DAZ to look into it.

Hope that helps!

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I would still very happily purchase a fireplace add-on for Baroque Grandeure. You do *great* fireplaces.

Well, Extravagance for the BG is still to do, so maybe I can squeeze in a bonus or two ;)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited September 2012

Given how modular most of your sets are, one could pop out one of the wall sections opposite the windows and pop in a fireplace at need, really easily. Although it's possible that in that kind of a building the fireplace might be at the end of the room opposite the entry door.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

Previous owners will have to 're-buy' them - but they should get a steep (80%) discount.

I was originally planning to just re-release as free updates, but since I've been adding in a lot of new content (like proper DS support) for the older products, as well as much bigger texture maps, I had to charge to at least try and cover the time I have invested in doing the updates. Since you continue to use both the old and new versions concurrently, you're not losing anything - but gaining a lot.

I think you just add it into your cart, and it should apply the discount automatically. If not, let me know and I will get DAZ to look into it.

Hope that helps!

Helps a lot, thanks.
    But unfortunately there seems to be a time limit to that 80% upgrade price.
    For instance for Baroque Grandeur it's too late, upgrade price was apparently only till August 23, 2012, according to the product page. :down:
    Oh well.

Do you have a schedule of release for the updated packs, so I don't miss the others (notably Kingdom of Marrakesh)?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited September 2012

eg5a. I will let Jack confirm weather he has a list he can publish though I doubt it.

What I do is to keep an eye on Jack forum http://www.jacktomalin.com/forum/index.php and I signed up for his no spam newsletter http://www.jacktomalin.com/

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:

Hope that helps!

Helps a lot, thanks.
    But unfortunately there seems to be a time limit to that 80% upgrade price.
    For instance for Baroque Grandeur it's too late, upgrade price was apparently only till August 23, 2012, according to the product page. :down:
    Oh well.

Do you have a schedule of release for the updated packs, so I don't miss the others (notably Kingdom of Marrakesh)?

I'll look into that - and see if we can't get it back on offer ;)

With regard the release schedule - sadly I have no idea, since I work on things as and when I get the chance. So really, your guess is as good as mine. I am trying to get them done sooner rather than later, but there's been a few big projects recently where I've not had the time or energy.

As Szark said, if you sign up to either my newsletter for forum you will at least be kept in the loop with the developments.

Cheers :)

edited December 1969

rg5a - I'm reliably informed the coupon should now work.. :)

edited December 1969

rg5a - I'm reliably informed the coupon should now work.. :)

My, it's a full time job to buy something here. To get to your product page I had to fight several "Error 503 Service Unavailable - Guru Meditation - XID: 102659363", then, after several attempts and some Magento error messages with the cart ("There has been an error processing your request") I eventually managed to get it at 75% off. Not 80%, but still good. Thanks!

For those who read this: The coupon doesn't show in the price - The cart actually shows the full price for the product, not even the current sales price; The coupon only appears in the calculation of the end price.

edited December 1969

Yea, sorry - it seems the store is a bit wobbly still. I appreciate your determination though :)

I noticed the BG set is missing it's discount too, which I assume is to do with the coupon - I've asked DAZ to look into, but things are hectic there with all the sale stuff so it might take a day or two.. hopefully it will be straightened out though ;)

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Do you have plans for more Marrakesh themed stuff in addition to the upgrades?