Adding new runtimes in DS

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,707
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there no other way to add new runtimes in DS than to scan a complete dirve? Like pointing to a specific folder, like you do in Poser?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited September 2012

Taozen said:
    Is there no other way to add new runtimes in DS than to scan a complete dirve? Like pointing to a specific folder, like you do in Poser?

In DS4.5, windows (since that's what I have)

On the Content Library panel, from the little options menu thingy

Select Content Directory Manager

Select the appropriate directory type (Poser Format, presumably)

Under Directory, click "add"

Browse to desired parent folder.

Select that, and you should be good.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,707
    edited December 1969

That was it. Thanks!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can also do it by right clicking on the Poser Formats label in the Content Library and choosing 'Add Runtime Directory', it is quite useful if you only want to add a Runtime quickly, but the method explained by DaWaterRat is the one most people use for more than one at a time.

You can also do that with the DAZ Studio Formats as well,

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

You can also do it by right clicking on the Poser Formats label in the Content Library and choosing 'Add Runtime Directory', it is quite useful if you only want to add a Runtime quickly

And since I hadn't added a runtime since I set up DS4, I did not know that. :) Thank you.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,707
    edited December 1969

You can also do it by right clicking on the Poser Formats label in the Content Library and choosing 'Add Runtime Directory', it is quite useful if you only want to add a Runtime quickly, but the method explained by DaWaterRat is the one most people use for more than one at a time.

You can also do that with the DAZ Studio Formats as well,

Ah yes, that's a bit easier. Thanks!