How do I share a Bryce Building?

tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in Freebies

I have created a couple of buildings in Bryce (cottages actually). They are my first attempt at anything serious in Bryce and it has taken me over a week to build this cottage set.

The cottages are actually two buildings joined into one, but can be seperated and rotated about their axis to be used as two seperate buildings.

At the moment it is a Work In Progress as I am building an outbuilding to sit at the rear of the building as a lot of old houses did not have an inside Bathroom until after the 1930's. I am building these as seperate blocks so that they can be used, rotated, or deleted as appropriate for other people's use.

So... do I create seperate files for each building? What format do I use to export best?
Ideally it could do to be a single file to make it easier for other people to install, but I have no idea what is the common practice out there.
If anyone is interested please post me a message.

THIS WILL BE TOTALLY FREE FOR ANY USE BY ANYONE as a thank you from me to all the people who have guided me in the learning process of Bryce.

Post edited by tdrd on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I put my model in a ZIP file and upload it to some place people can download it .
    I have my model here -
    http://www.sharecg.com/index.php?PSID=7444c6b7b109cf1a55f7f94080b5c951

You will need to make account there .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Save them as OBPs into you preset libary, then export them out from there, use a zip app, or win RAR to package them up. Make sure you add a readme, which has a clause about usage. Otherwise other people will always try and take credit for your work.

My EULA on all my zips reads

Have fun with them.

The legal stuff:

The files in this package should not be redistributed or resold without consent.
    It also should not be modified and repackaged in any way without the consent of
    Chohole.

You may use this package for commercial and non-commercial renders.

Edited to add, also don't forget to tell them it was made in Br7 and may not work in earlier versions.

DL this one and see how I did it http://www.sharecg.com/v/61493/gallery/5/3D-Model/Bryce-Old-Rustic-Bridge
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@chohole: I see you have exported to an OBP file.

I can not see any options in Bryce7 to export to this kind of file...

I can see: many others but not this one.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Export it form your preset library.

export_obp.png
    482 x 414 - 88K
  • tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the illustration - it did the trick.
    I have succesfully exported it to an OBP file now.

Next is to create the outbuildings to go with it then i'll distribute!

Thank you.

Terry