Genesis Cricket Set

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited December 1969 in Freebies

A bit late for the Village Cricket matches, but here is a set of clothing and cricket gear.

These are the first props I've modelled so I hope they are OK.

In two parts.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64811/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Cricket-Set-Part-1

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64812/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Cricket-Set-Part-2

Comments

• JennehJenneh Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Niiiiiiice!
    As a relatively new person to the world of Cricket...I appreciate this VERY much!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Ah, the gentle sound of willow on flesh...or leather, depending on the kind of school you went to. How the memories come flooding back.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I only played for the school team once (maybe twice). I got 'dragooned' in when I was watching them play after school and caught the ball at the boundary after someone had scored a six. I was a little shocked they all thought that was marvellous - it came straight at me, so I caught it. Simple! The sting of the ball in hand never really bothered me that much. Then a long hiatus until we had 'spur cricket' at work with inter-section games being played, finally ending up playing for a local village team for a handful of years after being asked to help out by a colleague.
    With the right players (own team and opposition) a game of cricket is a wonderful way to pass a summer afternoon.
    I still have memories I cherish - such as my captain (the guy who asked me to play for the village team) debating withdrawing my appeal after a caught and bowled I had just taken. It was out, 100% correct. It was, as he said, such a bloody awful delivery he felt embarrassed that it took a wicket ... :) I used to bowl a gentle medium-ish pace and this one delivery I had decided to push it out a little quicker (as I sometimes did) and totally blew it ... Instead of pitching it up as I intended it bounced mid-wicket. The batsman had noticed the change in delivery and seeing it pitch short suspected a bouncer. And a bouncer he got ... except it came at him at around a quarter of the velocity he expected causing him to horrendously mis-time his hook. Which meant he spooned up a complete dolly back to me. ;)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I only played for the school team once (maybe twice). I got 'dragooned' in when I was watching them play after school and caught the ball at the boundary after someone had scored a six. I was a little shocked they all thought that was marvellous - it came straight at me, so I caught it. Simple! The sting of the ball in hand never really bothered me that much. Then a long hiatus until we had 'spur cricket' at work with inter-section games being played, finally ending up playing for a local village team for a handful of years after being asked to help out by a colleague.
    With the right players (own team and opposition) a game of cricket is a wonderful way to pass a summer afternoon.
    I still have memories I cherish - such as my captain (the guy who asked me to play for the village team) debating withdrawing my appeal after a caught and bowled I had just taken. It was out, 100% correct. It was, as he said, such a bloody awful delivery he felt embarrassed that it took a wicket ... :) I used to bowl a gentle medium-ish pace and this one delivery I had decided to push it out a little quicker (as I sometimes did) and totally blew it ... Instead of pitching it up as I intended it bounced mid-wicket. The batsman had noticed the change in delivery and seeing it pitch short suspected a bouncer. And a bouncer he got ... except it came at him at around a quarter of the velocity he expected causing him to horrendously mis-time his hook. Which meant he spooned up a complete dolly back to me. ;)

Y'know, I recognize every one of those words as being English, but I have no idea what you just said. :ohh:

But I don't follow sports that much, so it's no surprise I don't know all the ins and outs of cricket... :cheese:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Cricket's easy to understand

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

• RektolEksamRektolEksam Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

i have a headache now, i'm going to go lie down

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Ha ha you've got to be English not to be confused!!!:-)

Although I know some people who are English and still don't understand the rules.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Couldn't have expressed it so concisely and lucidly if I had tried! :)
    There's quite a good "Alex" cartoon where he is playing cricket and has set up his mobile phone voice mail message to be something like, "sorry I can't come to the phone right now as I am in, leave a message and I will get back to when I am out"

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I prefer playing something a little more easily understandable...like Fizzbin.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Cricket sounds too confusing to me, but the outfit looks wonderful! Thanks :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    edited December 1969

looks good.. will compliment my ashes urn nicely

Super 8's are about to start so just in time for some fine leg renders or maybe something caught in the slips

thanks