Questions/ Observations about the new Site

124»

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You might want to log out, restart your browser (or clear the cache), and login again.

• edited December 1969

If the site claims to be down, and you're pretty sure it's not, look to see if the URL ends in / and take the / off. That fixes a lot of stuff with the forum, at least. I'm not sure why the trailing slash is a problem again, since it was fixed yesterday...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think that what may have happened is that some Moderator or admin was in the process of sticking something to the forum wall just as the site went down, and the jolt made the pot of glue tip over, so some things got stuck in the cache.

Has anyone got any indsutrial strength glue remover please. ;-)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Has anyone got any indsutrial strength glue remover please. ;-)

The club doesn't help?

Another oddity is that when I get to the forums, I have to Log Out in order to be able to Log In.

edited June 2012

I think they decided to try a twist on the Microsoft thing where you have to go to Start in order to Turn Off.:roll:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Yes, some very screwy things going on, but it's not DAZ, it's me, I've cast a spell over the forum!

Actually, I've been having the same issues, sometimes I have to click on a post link from the index rather than a forum link, otherwise the site is down. Right now even, the Bryce forum is down for me even though it isn't.

I also discovered something quite horrific yesterday. I got logged off, and after logging on again and then later needing to log off, the title Log Off had changed to a Not Me type button which is a practice so dumb it defies comprehension. The only other website I know of that replaces the Log Off button with a Not Me button, is Amazon, an otherwise excellent website.

At the moment it has returned to normal again and I hope it stays that way, otherwise you are forcing confusion on your members (especially new ones) and creating a security risc. Ask yourselves why someone called Jack would expect to click on a button called I'm Not Jack in order to log off? It makes no sense because he is Jack, he just wants to log off and can't because some person, for some reason yet unknown to medical science, decided that clicking a button called I'm not Jack is a much better and more obvious way to get Jack to log off than having a Log Off button.

In the end, Jack gives up and remains logged on because he can't find the Log Off button. He leaves the Internet Cafe and a dozen breast morphs get ordered on his account by the next person who uses the computer.

Later on he asks DAZ why there's a bunch of breast stuff on his account, and DAZ recommends that he logs off next time. Poor Jack of course, did everything in his power to log off, but couldn't find the Log Off button. He saw the I'm not Jack button, but because he IS Jack, he had no desire to click on it, just like I never the first time I started using Amazon. I ended up reading through the Help section just to find out how I was supposed to Log Off. Logging off took around 20 minutes, not just a second like on any normal website.

It's an idiotically dumb and pointless thing to do, so I hope it stays the way it is. And while I'm in complaint mode, for some reason, those nice big helpful navigation buttons that were good about the front page, have also disappeared for seemingly no reason at all. The front page has therefore gone from functional to bad in one fatal and pointless move.

Post edited by pumeco on
    edited December 1969

pumeco said:

And while I'm in complaint mode, for some reason, those nice big helpful navigation buttons that were good about the front page, have also disappeared for seemingly no reason at all. The front page has therefore gone from functional to bad in one fatal and pointless move.

Maybe it's those that have fallen off and clogged up the works :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

I admit, I did lol at that one, you're quite witty for an old bat!

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

I want to say something, I really do, but as I began to type...I think the site growled at me.

Or maybe it was Pam.:-)

edited December 1969

No Pam is too well bred to growl, one does not growl at Daz Forum Users, one simply ignores the ones that one does not wish to respond to. >:(

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    No Pam is too well bred to growl, one does not growl at Daz Forum Users, one simply ignores the ones that one does not wish to respond to. >:(

You responded to me. I feel much less ignored.:-)

edited December 1969

Peasants!

edited December 1969

chohole said:

You responded to me. I feel much less ignored.:-)

Hmm, did you hear a strange mutter then David, or was it just someones guts rumbling :roll:

edited June 2012

It's just one of the hazards of Spicy Curry.

Post edited by pumeco on
    edited December 1969

♫♪♪ ♫♫ ♪♪♫♫ ♪♪♪

edited June 2012

chohole said:
    ♫♪♪ ♫♫ ♪♪♫♫ ♪♪♪

Well, that's a novel way of hinting you want a Music Video thread, but without YouTube embedding it would be a bit crappy!

Post edited by pumeco on
  • FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

:( I miss the peasant girl thread :(

(And decent frowny faces)

edited June 2012

I was thinking about starting a new Peasant Girl thread, but to be honest, I think most of them were deserting me prior to the old forums closing. There used to be lot's of love shown towards me, but now, it's only Michele and yourself. It would look really bad if I had a Peasant Girl thread and only two Peasant Girls joined in. I think most of them were just using me before.

And yup, I hate the crappy new smilies as well:

:lol: <--- Looks like it's getting some sexual attention down below.<br /> ;-) <--- Looks like it has something in it's eye.<br /> :) <--- Looks like the one who farted in the elevator.<br /> :smirk: <--- Looks like a mugshot from a lineup.<br /> :kiss: <--- Looks like an inflatable sex doll.<br /> :sick: <--- Looks like a rotting lemon.<br /> :coolcheese: <--- Looks like it's trying to look cool, and failing, badly.</p>

:-P
    %-P <--- And here we have a whole bunch of smilies with some strange carrot fetish.<br /> :P

Of course it would take DAZ all but a minute to upload the original smilies, but what can you do.

Post edited by pumeco on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Looks like threads are finally organizing by most recent post so I'm just applying a post to this thread to see if it pops back up to the front page or not. Fun.

edited December 1969

Yeah.

Maybe now I should unstick your Bryce render thread, and let it float around normally, now that threads are behaving normally.

Mind you as even stickies bump, it could keep it as the first thread in the forum if I leave it glued to the forum wall, what you reckon ?

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

And looks like Line Breaks are working again - no big deal but paragraphs often make things easier to read...

edited December 1969

I like to see that chohole has her nice stick back again. It may come in handy ...

edited December 1969

@Rashad
    For what it's worth, I've noticed that popular threads do better when they're "floating" as Pam puts it. I hardly ever look at stickies because I assume they hardly ever change even though that is not the case. With a floating thread it's dynamic and in view so you notice it better. I think stickies are only beneficial if the thread doesn't get many replies.

@Dan
    Thanks for pointing that out, I've still been using double line-feeds :-P

@Horo
    Yes of course it will, especially for you :-D

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    I like to see that chohole has her nice stick back again. It may come in handy ...

Yeah, I have it back. Are we making any bets as to who I get to use it on first :coolsmirk:
    edited August 2012

chohole said:
    Horo said:

Yeah, I have it back. Are we making any bets as to who I get to use it on first :coolsmirk:

No bets, but I have a very clear mind as to whom it will have to be applied first. :)

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Well then it has to be you, definitely, I mean anyone who uses a dopey-looking smiley like that, deserves to get clubbed :-D

And another thing, how come Horo has a ranking of Active Member while mine is only Member?
    What's the "Active" part all about, is it because he is sexually active?

If so, I just wanted to point out that I want mine changing to active as well because I plan on moving to Spain, and I don't see why that peasant should have Active and not me. It's utterly degrading and does nothing for my masculine image whatsoever!

edited December 1969

I have to say things are looking up, I just did my most bestist to get clubbed first, but not a word out of any of you!

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

The Render thread should be floating definitely, agreed with both Len and Pam. The only purpose it serves currently is to give us an outlet with the galleries still down and all. But it looks like the forum fixes have happened pretty fast and effectively, they fixed around 8 problems at once. So I'm hopeful the galleries are not too far off. There can never be enough render threads, and no particular thread need dominate. However, the particular thread is quite impressive in what it displays.

• darius_3007darius_3007 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

hai I have a problem about register Bryce 7 pro on my macbook..

why when I enter the name and serial number and the click ok, then appeared content that the program has an error?

Please help.....

edited December 1969

If your Mac book is using OSX Lion Then you will not be able to use Bryce & on it at this point in time.

Daz3D have told us that this will hopefully be fixed, next time Bryce enters the dev cycle.