aniBlock Importer for Poser [commercial]

ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
edited December 1969 in The Commons

aniBlocks can now be imported into Poser. Go Go Go!
- http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aniblock-importer-for-poser

Comments

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Someone asked on another thread, so I will also clarify here. You do not need to own anIMate2 or DAZ Studio to use aniBlock Importer for Poser.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Hey Go Figure

I love the aniBlocks.
    We haven't had a new set in awhile.
    hint hint hint

I have been using the importer for Carrara and it works great. Poser users will love it.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I love aniblocks, as well. I bought this earlier today but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "H:\Program Files\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py", line 1, in
    import gofigure.aniblock
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I'm not too familiar with Poser plugins...is there a special way I need to install this? I ran the installer specifed a temp folder. In the temp folder there is a runtime folder (wiith the nested python/addons and python/poserscripts). I copied the runtime folder to my Poser 9 runtime folder. My aniblocks are in a seperate runtime folder---does this matter?

edited December 1969

I am pretty sure that it should not have asked for a temp forlder but your poser folder.

Is H:\Program Files\Poser 9 where your poser is installed? Look in “H:\Program Files\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons and see if you see a gofigure folder, if not try installing again or go look at the temp folder you chose and look for a Runtime\python\addons\gofigure folder and move it to the right spot.

edited December 1969

Yes the temp folder has the GoFigure folder:

H:\temp\Runtime\Python\addons\gofigure\__init__.py
    H:\temp\Runtime\Python\addons\gofigure\aniblock.pyd
    H:\temp\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py

I install to a temp folder so I can see what is going to be installed, then move it to the Program folder which is:

H:\Program Files\Poser 9\

So I end with:

H:\Program Files\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\gofigure\__init__.py
    H:\Program Files\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\gofigure\aniblock.pyd
    H:\Program Files\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:

I install to a temp folder so I can see what is going to be installed, then move it to the Program folder which is:

So I end with:

H:\Program Files\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py

I have installed mine the same way and it works fine. Do you have the latest Poser update installed? This product requires SR3.
    TD

edited December 1969

thd777 said:
    Salem2007 said:

So I end with:

Yes, I downloaded and installed the SR3 before installing the Aniblock plugin. I'm sure I'm doing somethign wrong--just can't figure out what it is.....

I have installed mine the same way and it works fine. Do you have the latest Poser update installed? This product requires SR3.
    TD

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited September 2012

I have pretty much the same problem
    But I installed the plugin directly to my poser installation at P:\Poser Pro 2012 SR3\Poser Pro 2012
    The addon is there: at P:\Poser Pro 2012 SR3\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\gofigure
    Both __init__.pyc and aniblock.pyd are there
    There was initially a __init__.py file there as well. It was 0 bytes. But removing had no effect

Could it be that the addon has a problem because the install location of Poser is not default?

Ii can see the python import script in the menu, but nothing appears in the addons menu

I am running SR3 (or actually a few builds later)

Unfortunately there is zero documentation, not even a readme which tells you to go to the addon folder.
    The link DAZ provides in the installer gives a Page not Found

Post edited by wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 on
    edited December 1969

Hmm. Odd. Wonder why it works here. One more thought: There are two versions to download. Make sure you have the right one for your system (32 bit vs 64 bit). It might be that these call different DLL's.
    Also : Do you have a figure loaded when importing?
    TD

edited December 1969

Ok, I read the product description again.
    There is no UI at all except for the python import script. That is a bit disappointing. In that case having the aniblock distributed as pose files would have been better - at least then you have some visual feedback of what you are loading

edited September 2012

I tried both versions--the 64 bit version give me an error (slightly differant, but indicates that 64 bit is the wrong version).

I have M4 loaded and selected (tried both hip and body).

I am using windows 7, 64 bit. Poser 9 (standard, not Pro).

Could it be because Poser 9 standard is 32 bit, but my machine is 64 bit?

Post edited by Salem2007 on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited September 2012

I'm having the same problem. Back to the drawing board. A pretty big disappointment for me. Don't know how this slipped through QA. This is what I get.

File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py", line 1, in
    import gofigure.aniblock
    ImportError: No module named gofigure.aniblock

Post edited by peteVault on
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    Ok, I read the product description again.
    There is no UI at all except for the python import script. That is a bit disappointing. In that case having the aniblock distributed as pose files would have been better - at least then you have some visual feedback of what you are loading

Yup, no interface. You simply point it to the aniblock and it loads into the current animation layer.

I actually prefer this script as I can use it to convert any of my aniblocks including my home made ones. If they would offer pose files they would undoubtedly cost much more as they would have to be offered for each pack separately.

TD

edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    I tried both versions--the 64 bit version give me an error (slightly differant, but indicates that 64 bit is the wrong version).

Weird. Same system here. Just using Pro 2012, but that is not it as wimvdb has the same issue with Pro 2012.

I do not know what is different on my system, but it works without any problem so far. I tried several blocks with V4 selected. All imported fine.
    TD

edited December 1969

thd777 said:
    Salem2007 said:

Weird. Same system here. Just using Pro 2012, but that is not it as wimvdb has the same issue with Pro 2012.

I do not know what is different on my system, but it works without any problem so far. I tried several blocks with V4 selected. All imported fine.
    TD

Actually it works for me. I did not realize there was no UI and the addons menu would be empty.
    I tried the import script and I can get the blocks to load. But it is a lot of guesswork without any hint of what and how long it is

I guess I have to convert them to pose files myself

edited September 2012

WimvdB said:

Actually it works for me. I did not realize there was no UI and the addons menu would be empty.
    I tried the import script and I can get the blocks to load. But it is a lot of guesswork without any hint of what and how long it is

I guess I have to convert them to pose files myself

I just have DAZ Studio open on my second monitor,. That way I can easily see what is what. Makes it also faster to combine blocks and make new ones.

If it works for you on Pro, maybe the difference is related to P9/Pro 2012?

TD

Post edited by thd777 on
    edited December 1969

It might be a P9 issue. I assume you would load the aniblock by selecting Scripts/Import/Aniblock and then a dialogue should ask you to locate the aniblock--is that right?

Maybe I'm trying to import it the wrong way....

edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    It might be a P9 issue. I assume you would load the aniblock by selecting Scripts/Import/Aniblock and then a dialogue should ask you to locate the aniblock--is that right?

Maybe I'm trying to import it the wrong way....

No, that is correct. You get a dialog and select one of the aniblock files. It will import into the current layer, if there are not enough frames, it will give you an error and tell you how many frames you have to set as minimum.

TD

edited December 1969

There is something wrong in your P9 install
    The 64 bit programs are installed in Program Files and the 32bit programs (Poser 9) are installed in Program Files (86)
    If your Poser 9 is really installed in Program Files, the aniblock addin may be looking at the wrong place

edited December 1969

I have it running now (sort of).. I went into the python file and ran the scripts from the run scripts file. The results, so far, are only so-so. Many of the aniBlocks don't work because they twist the figure into pretzel-like moves. So far, IMHO...this is not ready for Prime Time.

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    I have it running now (sort of).. I went into the python file and ran the scripts from the run scripts file. The results, so far, are only so-so. Many of the aniBlocks don't work because they twist the figure into pretzel-like moves. So far, IMHO...this is not ready for Prime Time.

Hi pete!

Which one did cause you pretzel problems? I have tried quite a number so far and not encountered any issue? If you give an example that did not work I could try and see if I can reproduce it here.

TD

edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    The 64 bit programs are installed in Program Files and the 32bit programs (Poser 9) are installed in Program Files (86)
    If your Poser 9 is really installed in Program Files, the aniblock addin may be looking at the wrong place

P9 works fine installed where it is, but I'll install it to the default location and see if that helps.

edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    WimvdB said:

P9 works fine installed where it is, but I'll install it to the default location and see if that helps.

Yes, P9 works fine at that location. But the addon needs to access another folder location (Menuscripts) and depending on how the script parses for that location, it migh use program files (86) for the 32 bit version to create an absolute pathname. But that is just guess work on my part.

edited September 2012

Got things working better now. My error as far as the pretzel stuff. I forgot to un-check the IK settings. I still have to manually run "poseraddon.py" manually from the menu before the script will work from the scripts file. I might try to have the poseraddon.py run automatically with the scripts run plug-in. EDIT: That seems to work now. Now that it works, I highly recommend it.

Post edited by peteVault on
    edited December 1969

A couple people have mentioned it and many have the following question
    "Why on earth does the importer tell you how many frames you need? Why not just make room for the frames automatically?"

Answer: The PoserPython API does not alow it. I would guess this is an oversite on the part of Poser. They have a Scene.NumFrames, but did not provide a Scene.SetNumFrames. Hopefully they will add this in the next release.

The other question is "Why does it require SR3?"
    Answer: It could be done and in fact it was working, but import took soooo long prior to SR3 because they did not have the Parameter.SetValueFrame. We are talking minutes to import a small animation.

• edited October 2012

I still have this same problem. Can someone please tell me how you fixed it. Probably something GoFigure should do.

I am running Poser 9 with SR3 on Windows 7. Poser is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9. I am getting the following error message when I select "Import/aniBlock" from the "Scripts" menu.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py", line 1, in
    import gofigure.aniblock

Thanks,
    Joe

Post edited by joemurph_ecb6c556cd on
    edited December 1969

JMurph said:
    I still have this same problem. Can someone please tell me how you fixed it. Probably something GoFigure should do.

I am running Poser 9 with SR3 on Windows 7. Poser is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9. I am getting the following error message when I select "Import/aniBlock" from the "Scripts" menu.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py", line 1, in
    import gofigure.aniblock

Thanks,
    Joe

This error means that poser could not find gofigure.aniblock. Then there must be a file named aniblock.pyd located in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\gofigure

Is it there? What bitness of the installer did you install?

• edited December 1969

Yes, aniBlock.pyd is in the specified folder.

I installed the 32 bit version. I have tried installing both versions, but nothing helped.

Thanks,

Joe

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem. Running Poser 2012 64 bit. Files are in the right folder but no DLL.
    aniblock.pyd is in Runtime/Python/addons and aniblock.py can be found in Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu

When attempting to import using scripts I get the display:
    File "F:\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py", line 1, in
    import gofigure.aniblock

Has this ever been resolved?

Thanks in advance.

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Just a follow up. I moved the aniblock.pyd file to the DLL folder and now get the prompt:

File "F:\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\Import\aniBlock.py", line 1, in
    import gofigure.aniblock
    ImportError: No module named aniblock

Additionally, once I get this script working, where should the aniblock files reside - in Poses? Or will I import them from an external file on a per use basis?

Again, thanks in advance!