where are the Morphs of Valea's Snowhite Hair?

chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
edited December 1969 in New Users

I installed the Hair and found that the hair stocks in the body, there is no sign of morphs anywhere to shape it as shown in the promo on product page in here or as listed in the Readme text. So I uninstalled, and installed again, still the same. Has anyone encountered same problem with this hair? if so, how may I contact this seller and ask for help?.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Select the Hair in the Scene tab or Parameters tab, then go to the Parameters tab, and they will all be listed there. There are quite a few.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

The morphs for hair are usually in the 'neck' of the hair.

Some hairs also need the morphs injected. The injuections will be in the poses file.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

First of all, thanks to both replies.

Well, in Parameters the SnowWhite Hair only comes with Translate and Rotate for X,Y,Z, and Scale in the "Transforms" section.

And, I tried the Editor. For Surfaces(Color) the SnowWhite Hair shows up with Bangs, Base, RibbonBase, RIbbonsLong, Skullcap, Tails with all kinds of adjustments, BUT nothing appears in the Shaping section, that's why I am confused.

Everything is installed properly as they are automatic.

(By the way, I still cannot see anything in Smart Content, I worked triple hard to find stuffs in my Content Library, but missing morphs.... i can't do anything)

Thanks...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Look in Parameters for Morphs. Select each section of the Hair in the Scene tab (you will need to expand it). If it has any morphs they will list when the proper section is picked.

TIP: If you are using DS4 and the AutoFit in DS4 (not 4.5) it removes all morphs. DS4.5 will keep morphs.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

Nope, no morphs, that is the problem here. :(

I am using Daz Studio 4 Pro ( the free one they have here now ), yes I used auto fit with the hair for Genesis I am using here, does it mean that the Hair Morphs are not there because of this? So what I I install the hair separately and apply to the figure manually?

edited December 1969

Check which Version of DS you are using Help menu About Daz Studio. Anything lower than 4.5.0.114 will remove morphs from any item fit with Autofit. DS4.5Pro Full and a new Beta are both up now.

edited December 1969

It's 4.0, but strangely with other hair I got like the Eudora Hair all Morphs are present....

edited December 1969

It's 4.0, but strangely with other hair I got like the Eudora Hair all Morphs are present....
    Those were MADE for 4.0 so they will work. Reset your DS4 download and you will get the newest DS. I use 4.5P full and love it.
    edited December 1969

But if I do so, what would happen to all my stuffs and work?

edited September 2012

Nothing, All your stuff will be just like it is. You will need to run the Genesis Starter Essentials to get the updated Genesis files but all your other files will be just like you left them. Even your layout and window settings will stay the same. They did for me.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

So where do I start to update?

edited December 1969

I tried the hair without the autofit. Still, there is no morphs, so I think it may not be the version of DAZ that I have...

edited December 1969

Goto My Account (top of page) then to My Itemized Order History. Find DS4.0 in your list and then do RESET for it. You will get ALL the updated files in your Downloads.

You only need DS4.5 and the Genesis starter pack, but get all the files just in case you wish to use them at a later date. I use PS so I got that file for example

Also do this before you install the update. In your Install folder (C: Program Files for 64bit or C: Program Files (x86) for 32bit on a 64bit system) You will find a folder in DAZ 3D that says Content Management Service. Open it and make a Back UP of the Databases Folder. Just Put it any place for now. Then open the Uninstallers Folder and Run the Uninstaller Remove-DAZContent..... That way when you install the NEW DS4.5 file it will Update your CMS program as well.

I make a weekly Backup of my DataBase folder just to be safe. If anything happens you can replace the bad one with the good one.

When you Install the new DS it will uninstall the Old DS for you. It will not Uninstall the old Default Content. You could end up with two of some items, one will be a .dsf version and the other a .duf version. The duf versions work better in 4.5 for me.

edited December 1969

I only find all items I bought shopping from the store in Itemized Order History.....

edited December 1969

You Need to BUY, DS4.5 not do the Free download, Go in the Store and BUY the FREE DS4.5.

edited December 1969

Thanks for your patience.

One more question, I am on Mac OS X, should I use DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro or DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro Beta?

edited December 1969

That is up to you. I prefer to test a Full version and then read what was FIXED before I try a BETA Version. I'm PC so I'm not much help at this point.

edited December 1969

I am installing the Daz Studio 4.5 Pro, the first thing they ask while installing the first file DS4_3Dbridge is :
    Choose Destination Location......
    What should I put in please? Is every file going to ask the same thing and should I give the same destination location?

edited December 1969

Are you USING the DS 3D bridge for PhotoShop? If not you only need to Install DS4.5 and the Content as I said before. I said get the files incase you wanted to use them in the future.

To Install DS4.5Pro you only need it and and Genesis Starter Essentails pack. Those are all you need unless you use PS and the Bridge.

edited December 1969

Well, I downloaded DAZstudio_4.5.0.114_Mac64, and I opened it hoping to see what you mean by:

"Also do this before you install the update. In your Install folder (C: Program Files for 64bit or C: Program Files (x86) for 32bit on a 64bit system) You will find a folder in DAZ 3D that says Content Management Service. Open it and make a Back UP of the Databases Folder. Just Put it any place for now. Then open the Uninstallers Folder and Run the Uninstaller Remove-DAZContentā€¦.. That way when you install the NEW DS4.5 file it will Update your CMS program as well."

But I don't see that, and almost at the end the installation can't be finished and I felt something is wrong so I tried to back out by aborting the installation.

After that I tried to open my Studio 4 and at the opening it tells me one or more files cannot be found, and I realized that my grey color Genesis guy is not showing anymore. I checked my stuffs in the Content library, seems that things are there, but what is missing is the grey Genesis guy and I can only cll the basic male and basic woman from Genesis, the grey guy at the opening is gone forever.

So I went to install the GenesisStarterEssentials, hoping it will come back again, but no.

What do I do now? If the installation of 4.5 is not right, at least I want my Genesis grey guy back at the opening as it is convenient.

please tell me how to reverse this? if I can't install it. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Oh sorry maybe I should mention that now after opening Daz Studio it tells me "No Importer for the file format can be found." and then after I clicked "ok" the Base figure never showed up. I am glad that the plane still showed up, but I missed the grey guy showing up for my creation.

edited December 1969

Oh sorry maybe I should mention that now after opening Daz Studio it tells me "No Importer for the file format can be found." and then after I clicked "ok" the Base figure never showed up. I am glad that the plane still showed up, but I missed the grey guy showing up for my creation.

Versions of DS4 prior to 4.5 cannot open the new file format .DUF, which is what Genesis is now stored in.

That leads me to believe that you do not have 4.5.0.114 installed. Can you llok at Help > About DAZ Studio, and tell us what the version number is?

If you do have 4.5.0.114 installed, then have a look in Preferences > Startup, and see what the name of the file ia that DS is trying to load, it should be Genesis.duf for 4.5 and above.

• edited December 1969

I am also trying to contact the vendor Valea, who made the Sea Nymph hair. I have autofitted to V4 and this is what I get (see screen shot). I can manually move the hair down to her head (I have tried parenting to the hea, so that helps, and it stays on her head when I move her, but when I exported her as a Collada the hair winds up on the ceiling!).

So any help for this poor newbie in attaching the hair properly or contacting the vendor Valea?

sea_nymph_hair_and_V4.png
    1440 x 900 - 568K
    edited December 1969

First, Do not Auto fit the hair. Just load it Position it and then Right Click and Parent it to the Head.
    Second, Always Load and Parent the hair when the figure is still in the Default T pose.
    Third, Only Genesis hairs load and work 100% in 4.5 and 4 when auto loaded. I never AutoFit the Older hairs when Using 4.5. They just work better that way.

For me anyway. Others may know trick's I do not.

edited December 1969

Ravenshoe said:
    I am also trying to contact the vendor Valea, who made the Sea Nymph hair. I have autofitted to V4 and this is what I get (see screen shot). I can manually move the hair down to her head (I have tried parenting to the hea, so that helps, and it stays on her head when I move her, but when I exported her as a Collada the hair winds up on the ceiling!).

So any help for this poor newbie in attaching the hair properly or contacting the vendor Valea?

In that product there are two different hair files, one for Genesis, and the other for V4, so there is no need to use Autofit. How were you using it anyway, Autofit is designed to fit Gen 4 items TO Genesis?

• kerstinkerstin Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Versions of DS4 prior to 4.5 cannot open the new file format .DUF, which is what Genesis is now stored in.

That leads me to believe that you do not have 4.5.0.114 installed. Can you llok at Help > About DAZ Studio, and tell us what the version number is?

If you do have 4.5.0.114 installed, then have a look in Preferences > Startup, and see what the name of the file ia that DS is trying to load, it should be Genesis.duf for 4.5 and above.

I've been triple checking all the setup guides and I'm having the same problem! Have downloaded all the files as instructed and did not change file directory in my mac but still getting "No Importer for the file format can be found." error. Can load a plug model but cannot create hair, skin, etc.