Can Someone please help me??

TyonnTyonn Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

I recently downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5 along with Genisis. I was able to use them when I first downloaded them but now I think I messed something up by trying to add "Darkside" plug-in. I have no "People" to choose from and all my settings are all messed up. I have no pane on the left of my screen to see all the stuff I can do. I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling it but it's all like it was before getting rid of it. I'm really in need of some desprate help if anyone is willing to help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. And so you know, I'm running Windows XP incase it matters.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Across the top there should be some things like File, Edit, etc. Click Window and then Layout and select Full Service or Hollywood Blvd.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

The "Darkside" is an interface style based on the one from Studio 3. The look and were things are is different then the default Studio 4 style.

You can change back or to a different style by selecting Window>Style>Select Style

Look along the left side of your screen and you should see two little arrows pointing different directions. Click on them and the left side panel should slide out.

The reason why uninstalling and re-installing didn't do anything is because your user preferences are not removed during the uninstall. That's so that when you upgrade or have to re-install you don't lose your settings.

Hope this helps... :)

• TyonnTyonn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Across the top there should be some things like File, Edit, etc. Click Window and then Layout and select Full Service or Hollywood Blvd.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I seen what you were talking about and it kinda helped me. I don't have either of those that you mentioned so I put it on the Darkside layout. Thanks again I appreciate the help.

• TyonnTyonn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi...

The "Darkside" is an interface style based on the one from Studio 3. The look and were things are is different then the default Studio 4 style.

You can change back or to a different style by selecting Window>Style>Select Style

Look along the left side of your screen and you should see two little arrows pointing different directions. Click on them and the left side panel should slide out.

The reason why uninstalling and re-installing didn't do anything is because your user preferences are not removed during the uninstall. That's so that when you upgrade or have to re-install you don't lose your settings.

Hope this helps... :)

Thanks for the help. I figured it out probably at the same time you werre typing your reply lol. I guess I should have messed with it more before crying for help lol