Do I have to own the V4/M4 morphs to use Gen X now?

dyretdyret Posts: 182
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I used to be able to transfer morphs from V4 to Genesis with the old version of Gen X. Now all the morphs show up as 0 value.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure what you mean? You certainly need to own the morphs before you can transfer them, though once transferred they should work even if you uninstall the originals (or even GenX).

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Sorry. I do own the v4 morphs++ but do not own the v4 and m4 morphs for genesis. What happens is when I try to use gen x to transfer the morphs++ they all show up wit a zero morph value in gen x. That did not happen before I upgraded studio and gen x.

edited December 1969

LOL. I do NOT know what I did wrong before, but I have now managed to transfer the morphs++. I\m quite shure I have a bright red colour on my face right now.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

dyret, I am curious about genX since I am just returning and have NO experience with anything genesis related. Since the other gen 4 characters were all basically morphs of the base v4/m4 it would seem that genX should be able to transfer those as well as any others, is that correct? Also, how well do the morphs work without having the "base" shape available for genesis since genesis is somewhat differently shaped initially?

Also, by chance, do you have the gen3 plugin(s) for genX? How well do they work? It would be GREAT to bring over D3's morphs & such not to mention the others.

I have been considering purchasing just a couple of items for genesis for the time being and it would be great if I could just pick up 2-3 things that will allow me to use all of the content I bought over the years while still being able to get more familiar with genesis itself.

edited December 1969

I just transfered a V4 morph called "Jehanne"by Arcebus at Renderosity, and It actually looks very good. The basic female shape isnt that different from V4 so the character looks right, allthough a little more feminine. lol

edited December 1969

dyret said:
    I just transfered a V4 morph called "Jehanne"by Arcebus at Renderosity, and It actually looks very good. The basic female shape isnt that different from V4 so the character looks right, allthough a little more feminine. lol

Excellent, right now I am looking at getting the gen 3 iconic shapes for genesis which will give me the ability to autofit/convert items made for gen3 (except D3) to work with genesis and after that I will most likely be getting genX and the gen3 bundle for genX. I believe I read somewhere that the gen 3 shapes will also give genesis gen3 uv's so you can use textures for those characters as well which would be excellent. These options will allow me to continue to use the vast majority of my current content while still getting more familiar with genesis at the same time

edited December 1969

You can not use textures from gen 3 characters I believe. :-(

edited December 1969

Even if not I still have texture converter 2 with v4 and m4 plugins to make conversions with so not a huge deal. The biggest benefit will be access to gen 3 content without having to double convert it with XD (crossdresser 3) and then studio afterwards.