In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah

Post edited by RAMWolff on

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah! I totally want to know what's up with that project! 'Cause I'm SO going to put it into good use with Supersuit.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

We're here, beavering away. There's been a couple of developments to make the product even more awesome. One is that Fisty has added Fake versions of all the precious stones. These look really great and, although they are the same colors. they look quite different. I'm just doing my first render with these as I type and will post it when its done. She has also doubled the number of metals in the set.

I've also added 120 (60 Uber Surface and 60 Default) emblems for Fisty's lovely chunky pendant, which will be included in the set. The emblems include everything from a complete set of astrology symbols to Celtic, Egytptian. Greek, Tribal, Medieval and Islamic designs. They are done using Normal maps for the Default and Displacement maps for the Uber, and they can be applied to an gem, metal or other surface in the pack.

Below are a couple of renders shows a small selection of the pendant emblems applied to a range of different surfaces. The render also shows some of Fisty's stunning precious sparkly presets as well as some of the metals in the set.

The product is pretty much done. But we are loath to rush into releasing it until things have settled in the store here and in the forums.

But we're very happy you missed us...:-)

Pendantsmall.jpg
    438 x 658 - 202K
    Pendant.jpg
    700 x 910 - 435K
    edited December 1969

I won't believe the amount of squealing that just happened here after seeing these amazing pictures.

Gods. Now I want this one even more.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

This upcoming set is becomming beyond awesome!

(It was already awesome but you two keep on insisting on adding more more ;) )

• ScytharScythar Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

yep,
    i can see clearly now... :)
    they're still here !!! :lol:

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    We're here, beavering away. There's been a couple of developments to make the product even more awesome . . .
    Yay!

The product is pretty much done. But we are loath to rush into releasing it until things have settled in the store here and in the forums . . .

Boooooooooo! Want now! >:-( Okay, also want it so it works right from the jump and when the store'n'forums are doing good so lots and lots of people buy it, but I want that to be now!!!
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Looking good, very good - but then again what else would I expect?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    We're here, beavering away. There's been a couple of developments to make the product even more awesome. One is that Fisty has added Fake versions of all the precious stones. These look really great and, although they are the same colors. they look quite different. I'm just doing my first render with these as I type and will post it when its done. She has also doubled the number of metals in the set.

I've also added 120 (60 Uber Surface and 60 Default) emblems for Fisty's lovely chunky pendant, which will be included in the set. The emblems include everything from a complete set of astrology symbols to Celtic, Egytptian. Greek, Tribal, Medieval and Islamic designs. They are done using Normal maps for the Default and Displacement maps for the Uber, and they can be applied to an gem, metal or other surface in the pack.

Below are a couple of renders shows a small selection of the pendant emblems applied to a range of different surfaces. The render also shows some of Fisty's stunning precious sparkly presets as well as some of the metals in the set.

The product is pretty much done. But we are loath to rush into releasing it until things have settled in the store here and in the forums.

But we're very happy you missed us...:-)

That's beautiful! It got me wondering, though, can the emblems be used on other circular items? The new cape has two circular items (broaches? pins? I'm not sure what they're called), and the Hero vs Antihero expansion has several new designs for them. The emblems in your upcoming set might be nice to use with the cape.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

That's beautiful! It got me wondering, though, can the emblems be used on other circular items? The new cape has two circular items (broaches? pins? I'm not sure what they're called), and the Hero vs Antihero expansion has several new designs for them. The emblems in your upcoming set might be nice to use with the cape.

They are in shader form, but you'd have to suck it and see really. Both versions tile by 1, so there's no reason why they shouldn't work on something small. How well would depend on how the item is mapped. They are only tested on the pendant.

I did the astrology emblems when I realized that one of the commonest hobby renders people do are birthday renders. Because the pendant is nice and chunky, there is every chance the emblem could be recognized. What nicer addition to a birthday render could there be than the person's star sign on the pendant, and perhaps even their birthstone.

Here's my first render using Fisty's Fakes. There are presets in it and in the Precious folder to show poly facets on beads, as has been done here.

Fake.jpg
    700 x 910 - 378K
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Love it! These shaders are going to bring new life to some tired jewellery for sure.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Everything is lovely. One question... is there a way to get a smaller set of pendants? The ones pictured look so large, esp. if used in a portrait. No disrespect intended at all.

BTW, I love the faceted beads!

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Looking fantastic! I can only hope that I don't have to wait too very long for you both to feel comfortable enough with the site to release it.

::starting to hoard pennies again:: :lol:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

YAY... I love the promos! Those fakes look so good! FUN FUN FUN! :-)

edited December 1969

Only see 10 of the 12 star signs... are they all there? I can't make out which one is Capricorn (my star sign) :-)

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

just chiming in to say "put the shiny down and walk away already!"
    you two are so clever you'll just keep thinking of more cool things to add, and i want them now!

seriously awesome stuff, can't wait!

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Hey look, a thread!

I added 26 more presets today. LOL But it should be done now save for private testing and promos... and waiting for the daz store to be functional enough. (I can't even put things in my cart at the moment)

The pendant is huge, yes. LOL I'll make morphs to scale the disk and the bail, I haven't gotten that far yet, it's just a mapped .obj still. It's not going to be fit to any specific character, it's just a free floating prop with all its translation and scale dials available.

• templarlovertemplarlover Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

I really can't wait for this set! It looks absolutely fantastic!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Only see 10 of the 12 star signs... are they all there? I can't make out which one is Capricorn (my star sign) :-)

No you don't. What you see is two of the 12 - Pisces and Cancer - along with 10 assorted emblems of different kinds from the total of 60. Here are all of them. The differences in clarity are purely a result of the lighting and the busy-ness of the semi precious stones I chose to apply them too. Obviously, the fewer features on the background, the better the carving will look. This would be so in real life as well.

There are two versions of Capricorn - it's my birth sign as well - applied to the birthstones of Turquoise and Garnet. It's only the lighting that is giving turquoise a dark surround. The Garnet uses Uber SS because the precious gems are Uber SS. The rest are DS Default. It will be very important once you are using this set to match your emblems, engraving and embossing to the kind of surface you are applying it to. They are all clearly labelled, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I left out the Pisces as it's pretty clear in the earlier render. I'll redo Taurus because I just noticed it cameo (carved in) when the rest are intaglio (carved out).

On resizing the pendant, I'll leave that to Fisty to answer.

pendantastro.jpg
    700 x 910 - 315K
    edited December 1969

Just did a quick count. There are about 822 presets, including Fisty's latest ones that I haven't seen yet.

This doesn't count the utility presets, but does count both USS and Default partials for embossing etc.

This is the biggest set ever. It's bigger than the total for the two Totally Bazaar products. And the really good news is that we're not going to split it up.

edited December 1969

The pendant has 12 morphs now.

edited June 2012

This is the size it loads in at.. shown on Beltine's necklace.

DiskPendantSize.jpg
    650 x 800 - 294K
    Post edited by Fisty on
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    This is the size it loads in at.. shown on Beltine's necklace.

Hey, that looks almost like one of my necklaces -- the only difference is that mine has a holographic (genuine, that is) lion for Leo in it. ;)

edited December 1969

Those all look so fabulous! :-)

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

Amazing piece of work Fisty! You two have done some amazing work on these shaders.

edited December 1969

Amazing piece of work Fisty! You two have done some amazing work on these shaders.

Thanks shadowhawk. And thank you for your contribution.

Here are some of the contents of another folder you haven't seen yet. It's the "Fun and Fantasy" and it's chock full of colored plastics in plain and funky designs as well as wood for beads. There is also a "Cords and Chains" folder with dozens of different rubbers and presents to transform plain cords into silver or gold chains.

The pendant in the picture is Fisty's one that's in the product with some morphs applied. You'll need to use your own own cord or chain with it. For the choker in these images, I grabbed one from another set and applied colored rubber to it from the Cords and Chains folder.

funky2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 470K
    funky1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 445K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

Here are some more images of the different textures available in this set. The two of you made it very hard to pick from, it is HUGE!! I tried to go for the more obscure textures to include the ropes and chains options included in the set. I also tried to vary the tiling so that you might see what so look like larger and smaller. I also have to give props to Fisty for the amazing Prop I am using it was my birthday present from her this is its first use. Couldn't think of a better way to break it in. Amazing work ladies you should be proud of this set.

Promo3.jpg
    700 x 910 - 391K
    promo2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 386K
    promo1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 309K
    edited December 1969

Totally awesome.... I like the prop's looks very much! Will be fun to play with. So will this set just include these props as extras or will you do a separate set of jewelry to sell along side the shader set??

edited December 1969

The set will include the round pendant prop and the 800+ shader presets. The emblem Shadowhawk used I made for him for his birthday, it's up to him if he wants anyone else to have it.

Thanks for the beautiful renders and the testing, SH. =) <3</p>

edited December 1969

So. Awesome.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

OMG!! This looks so great and I didn't miss it!!