Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    Ariana - Thanks hun!! I hope you have fun with it (and post renders!)

Zaarin - yeah, I dunno why that one got such bad reviews... prolly coz it was way darker than their norm. I had waited years for them to unvault it. When they finally did, I ran right out and bought it. I cant even count the number of times Ive watched it now lol

In the 80s (and even the 90s), it was assumed cartoons were for children. Look at what happened to Don Bluth Studios. :(

Shoot I can recall my Fav's Marvin Martian, born in the Right Quadrant of the Galaxy!

Modern illustrators of adult cartooning: GILBERT SHELTON's Fat Freddy's Cat! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Freddy's_Cat , RALPH BAKSHI with Fritz the Cat, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Bakshi , one of my all time favorite's VAUGHN BODE with Cheech Wizard! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaughn_Bodé This is adult so be warned! The Girl! LOL!!! Someone must have modeled G4 after her!!!

Oh and not forgetting RICHARD CORBIN and Den http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Corben . Absolutely influenced me and my art back in the day!!!

Link removed by Moderator -- links to sites containing nudity are only permitted if the link location has nudity filters in place.
    Ah, Ralph Bakshi, best known for murdering LotR worse than Peter Jackson did. :P

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day 23 is here. Nope... we never rest.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Great outfit! Has anyone used autofit on it? How well does it translate?

I hadnt actually tried. So I just ran it thru. Everything works pretty good.... the boots, as most shoes, have some issues. The choker also starts out crunchy, but if u use the smoothing modifier for it, it will fix it.

Here's a render in DS of it.... and I used the hag, coz Im a goofball LOL

I used hair as the template for the hat, bodysuit for the choker and eyescope. The rest was pretty standard (boots for boots, shirt for shirt, pants for pants)Thanks for doing that Ignis...I will pick it up if they have a catch up sale at the end. Unfortunately didn't see your post until now...

Thanks

Pen

• edited December 1969

Ok finally I have a render....

For_Barb.jpg
    900 x 900 - 87K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

wheeeeeeeeeee!! Day 23 is here - omg Muscleman poses!!! I am going broke!! And holy cow, Mighty_Mephostales (sp?) is 75% offf????????????????? Whoa, good thing I didn't want to eat this weekend.... :)

• meghanmeghan Posts: 79
    edited September 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:

This is my first post, so hopefully I'm not making a blathering fool of myself. :) I hit on some sort of criteria that is giving me a small discount on my total. Last month, there was a percentage discount at different cost levels (plus the mega-awesome 50% off at a $500 purchase). Is that happening on this sale too? Is it a different discount? What are the rules? I have looked around, but so far haven't found anything that gives me a clue. ...so confused...

Edit: [Maybe it's something totally different, but still no clue what]

Edit2 3:18pm PST: [Finally figured it out! It's because I added a tier 3 product on without realizing it, so it gets subtracted out at the tally.]

Post edited by meghan on
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

Pendraia.... well its still on sale, til midnight tonight... at least I think lol

Ariana... wow AWESOME image!!! Love it!!

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ingis

thinking seriously about getting this cool looking creature Dark Apocalypse Shrieker! LOL

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

meghan said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

This is my first post, so hopefully I'm not making a blathering fool of myself. :) I hit on some sort of criteria that is giving me a small discount on my total. Last month, there was a percentage discount at different cost levels (plus the mega-awesome 50% off at a $500 purchase). Is that happening on this sale too? Is it a different discount? What are the rules? I have looked around, but so far haven't found anything that gives me a clue. ...so confused...

Edit: [Maybe it's something totally different, but still no clue what]

That was a different promotion, and I'm afraid it has ended. The PA sale gives you a chance to buy $500 worth of stuff for $250, as long as it's a feature day for someone with a large catalogue, but the discount is applied to the base price.

edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    Ingis

thinking seriously about getting this cool looking creature Dark Apocalypse Shrieker! LOL

Well its the perfect time to grab it for sure, with him being 50% off. And yeah, hes not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a ton of fun (get it? A ton??? hehe I kill me) I think hes kind of adorable, in a ginormous man eating wyrm sort of way lol

edited December 1969

Just had to play with Iggy's new outfit...I even pulled V4 out of mothballs just to play with it. LOL.

Retribution_small.jpg
    824 x 1224 - 397K
    edited December 1969

Nice render Jakiblu as always. Love your work!!

Dee

edited September 2012

Just down loaded Dark Apocalypse Shrieker! My new pet to play with V4 and the rest of the gang! My faeries are hiding in Pixie Glen Environment checking him out! LOL

Thank You Ingis ;-)

Post edited by earth2d on
    edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    Nice render Jakiblu as always. Love your work!!

Dee

thank you! :-)

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Mada's Florabelle on Mavka and Hitomi :)

Florabelle.jpg
    1040 x 1334 - 303K
    Bluebelle.jpg
    1040 x 1294 - 283K
    edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    Just down loaded Dark Apocalypse Shrieker! My new pet to play with V4 and the rest of the gang! My faeries are hiding in Pixie Glen Environment checking him out! LOL

Thank You Ingis ;-)

Well that sounds like a fun render! Be sure to stop by my main thread and show us what you do with it! :)

edited December 1969

Purchased Mada’s Florabelle, my faeries are so happy and excited with thier new outfit! Love Mada's products and can't resist them ;-)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

IgnisSerpentus: The Dark Apocalypse products look amazing! I was aware of the Shrieker, but for some reason I never noticed the others (probably because they aren't for Genesis). Wishlisted for sure (hopefully I have more cash at some point...). The new outfit also looks very cool, and I've enjoyed seeing everyone's renders of it.

Ann and Frank: excellent work, as always! I wishlisted the Control Room and the Cargo Hold for future use, and there are a couple of others I'm trying to decide between (to purchase today)...out of curiosity, does anyone have a Build A Scene render showing the one of the night lighting presets (preferably in DS if possible)?

Sugatak: Rihatsuten wa subarashii to omoimasu! Sasuga desu nee! (Hopefully I said that right: Rihatsuten looks amazing...just as I'd expect from you). I think the chairs and some of the other props could see some use in steampunk-type renders, too. Any chance you'll be making any more castles? I would be very interested in Kumamoto Castle...

Mada: Great-looking outfit, and fantastic set of promo renders for it!

Muscleman: Your pose set looks really nice. It actually improves my opinion of S5 (which was pretty high already) If/when I get S5 I'll want to pick this up too.

Jepe: I've seen people make great use of your Z-effects. Right now I'm trying to focus on renders without the "special effects," but some point in the future, when I'm better at this stuff, I'll reward myself by picking some up. :)

edited December 1969

IgnisSerpentus: The Dark Apocalypse products look amazing! I was aware of the Shrieker, but for some reason I never noticed the others (probably because they aren't for Genesis). Wishlisted for sure (hopefully I have more cash at some point...). The new outfit also looks very cool, and I've enjoyed seeing everyone's renders of it.

Thanks so much for the compliments! I really love that series too... I have had a lot of fun going off the beaten path. As far as the others not being gen... yeah, they are older, and Prisoner of War (the most recent before the Shrieker) only had come out during the time around Genesis' debut. I have entertained the idea of converting them, but as they are fairly large sets (with a char, clothing, poses, props and whatnot) it would be a pretty mammoth task for certain. So, not sure if I will or not quite yet.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,785
    edited December 1969

One more DS4 render of Stephanie 5 curvy wearing Edens Flame outfit.
    Also used Orion hair and Sickle Hat and Hair fixer to remove pokethrough of the hair over the hat.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

EdensFlame07pic01g01.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 223K
    edited December 1969

And one more, with different materials...

EdensFlame04pic01.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 311K
    edited December 1969

Beautiful job on both portraits!!! Im not sure which one I like more lol

edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for the comments. First image took almost 3 hours to render, while the second one only 40 minutes.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Hey Daz

remember

Holyforest
    Holyforest
    Holyforest

edited December 1969

Pendraia.... well its still on sale, til midnight tonight... at least I think lol

Damn... I hate this time difference. I hadn't realised I thought as the new stuff was up it would be finished. Crap...just checked it's still on sale. Buying it now...you do realise you made me buy something V4 which I wasn't going to do any more?

hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Damn... I hate this time difference. I hadn't realised I thought as the new stuff was up it would be finished. Crap...just checked it's still on sale. Buying it now...you do realise you made me buy something V4 which I wasn't going to do any more?

hugs

Pen

LOL if its any consolation, I am uber confused as well. But thats me most days actually, haha
    But yep, the sale goes off at midnight tonight, I think? So still time to grab

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Ann and Frank: excellent work, as always! I wishlisted the Control Room and the Cargo Hold for future use, and there are a couple of others I'm trying to decide between (to purchase today)...out of curiosity, does anyone have a Build A Scene render showing the one of the night lighting presets (preferably in DS if possible)?

There you are! Hubby was just saying he was surprised we didn't see you in here :)

To your question, I just asked Neil to shoot a render off with the night lights from DS for you so he'll post it up as soon as its done :) If you have any other questions on anything at all, just let us know :) And I'll get that posted up for you as soon as I can :)

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

hugs

Pen

LOL if its any consolation, I am uber confused as well. But thats me most days actually, haha
    But yep, the sale goes off at midnight tonight, I think? So still time to grab These days it doesn't take much to confuse me. Grabbed and currently downloading...

• edited December 1969

I'd been hoping that the Rairaiken sets would come up, but I had no idea how *big* these things are! The noodle shop is 273 megs!!

• edited September 2012

ThanX Barb!!!

What is the Dark Apocalypse Shrieker???? Did I miss it??? I have money!
    Show me the way!!! OMGDDSS!!! I thought it was an outfit! LOL!

:S

Ariana

Post edited by Future Fantasy Design on