Carrara 8 and Carrara 8.5, Where are the Serial Numbers Located? Read on

DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

When you purchase Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You are given the Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro files along with the Carrare 8.5 Beta files. At the time of purchase you are given in your account a serial number for your purchase. This serial number is good for the Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro Software. My Account > My Downloads (for the Software), My Account > My Serial Numbers (for the serial number for 8.0 version)

If you are working with the Carrara 8.5 Beta version you will need to use the serial number found here for the included 8.5 files. If you continue to have questions, contact customer support.

Comments

• edited December 1969

hi can carrara 8.5 be used as a stand alone product? karl.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

hi can carrara 8.5 be used as a stand alone product? karl.

Yes, you are just dependent on the time stamped serial number till it's released.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited September 2012

I recently purchased a new CPU and re-downloaded my Carrara 8 Upgrade from 7 Express, however the serial number kept showing up invalid. Now, I do have a ticket out, but the last three responses hadn't been answered as of yet (one I just placed) so I wanted to see if anyone here would know.

I run the program as Admin, I was given a second code by the help desk to try and that was invalid as well. However, the code I sent for the C8 Upgrade does not work because (I believe) every download of the C8 Upgrade I've done ends up with a Carrara 8.5 zip file. I didn't notice at first, but I was going through my downloads to delete the zips and saw Carrara_8.5.0.132_Win64 for the zip file. The download on my account page simply showed Carrara 8 Upgrade from 7 Express.

Could this be the issue why all of the serial keeps showing invalid? I did not download the beta version, I made sure of it. The available downloads listing separates them into Upgrade and Beta, and I didn't purchase the Pro version so the serial shouldn't be that.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • brian_d75022d89bbrian_d75022d89b Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

sorry for posting it here.

But in the other threat it's radio silence:

Do i have to pay now for the beta…it says $139.97??

(i own 8pro)

Wierd

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

nl2012 reset 8 Pro in your Account and you should get the 8.5 files for downloading so the answer is no you should NOT pay for any beta software.

Post edited by Szark on
  • brian_d75022d89bbrian_d75022d89b Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thank you for your responses Szark

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My pleasure and I found a mistake in my post above. I excluded the word NOT by mistake, my bad. I have now edited to read properly. :)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI DarwinsMishap :)

This seems like a common issue when you reset your "Purchased" Downloads, and there's a "Beta" version available.
    BOTH sets of files are added to your available downloads,..but by default,. the download page only shows you THE FIRST 10 ITEMS.

you also get Mac and PC downloads, which adds top the confusion, but the files should be named as either 8,(production) or 8.5 (beta)

You'll need to expand that list to see all the available files, then go through them to find the correct downloads for Carrara 8.1 (they will be there) :)

It sounds like you're installing the 8.5 (beta) instead of Carrara 8. and your serial number for the Purchased version , won't work with the beta, and vice-versa,... ergo... invalid serial.

check that you're downloading the right file for C8,. and that the Production version is installed to a completely different folder from the Beta version, if you choose to install that.

Hope it helps :)

• edited December 1969

Is the Carrara 8.5 upgrade free? Or is it a Beta? I tried reseting and downloading what I thought was the Carrara 8 Pro version only to find out it's the 8.5 which I have no serial for.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Is the Carrara 8.5 upgrade free? Or is it a Beta? I tried reseting and downloading what I thought was the Carrara 8 Pro version only to find out it's the 8.5 which I have no serial for.

When you reset C8Pro you get both C8Pro and the C8.5 beta. Check if it's on the next page of downloads -- the default is only 10 files per page, set it to 50.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I purchased C8Pro on the 19th in the wee hours of the morning. I got a double download and no serial number (yes, I checked all 14 serial numbers). I filed a support ticket on it last night and hopefully it will all be straightened out Monday.

edited October 2012

Hi

Is the Carrara 8.5 upgrade free? Or is it a Beta? I tried reseting and downloading what I thought was the Carrara 8 Pro version only to find out it’s the 8.5 which I have no serial for.

The Carrara 8.5 Beta, is an open testing version, it's not an update for C8,. and it need to be installed into a New folder.

The 8.5 upgrade, (when it's available) will be a paid for upgrade, ... no price information yet, but we've been told that it will be a Nominal fee.

The beta serial is available in the Beta thread at the top of the page here,. but it's due to time out (Nov 1) so we're all expecting a new serial number to extend the beta time, ..or a new beta version release, and a new serial number.

from the beta thread...
    To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-085-0000032-TVE-001-EBTOMAG (Expires 01-NOV-2012 )

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • AroTch WIPAroTch WIP Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ook lets try here,

I Ordered the upgrade to carrara 8 needed the pro version and their is no option for that in the store.

I sent in a help request, and have heard word back in 4 days, as anybody out there.

Another post here by admin say it's the same upgrade, but my serial number doesn't work.

edited December 1969

HI Arotech :)

The serial number for C8 standard and C8 Pro are different,. that's why your "standard" serial won't activate "pro".

If you've just bought C8 pro, then the serial number should be listed in your "My Account" / serial numbers, although.....

There have been some issues over the weekend with customers not getting the serial number automatically added to their accounts and some issues with Double files and Bonus content ,. ..which may answer the question of why you haven't received a reply yet.

If you can give them a day or two,. (since Daz3D don't work over the weekend) to allow them to clear the backlog of support requests, I'm sure it'll get resolved.

edited December 1969

Thanks 3Drage, I think I'm more miffed that they still haven't fixed the store.

I knew they didn't work weekends, but I now we're nearing the end of the PC anv sale.

edited December 1969

I bought C8Pro on the 19th. After filing 3 tickets, I called DAZ this morning. I went over the problem of no serial number with Joanie and kept telling her that I was not the only one with this problem. She emailed me my serial number. I just checked my account and still no serial number. My suggestion is call sales support.

edited December 1969

I plan on calling in the am.

i also want to make sure i get all the other items that also come with the pro version.

• roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
    edited October 2012

Well, I just purchased Carrara 8 Pro and received a serial number that does not work. Also, the downloads include MAC installers, Carrara_8.1.1.12_Mac64 and Carrara_8.5.0.132_Mac64. I tried the serial code with each install and it shows invalid. The 8.1.1.12 install is telling me that the application has to be run as an administrator first????? The only user on my MAC is an administrator. Very frustrated after paying $171.00 for this application.

Post edited by roberthutchinson on
  • Thunderone01Thunderone01 Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

The same here, I´m do the same, report this and here the question and the answer:

Me:

"Hello, I have problems with my Carrara 8 Pro, results that my laptop decomposed where I have downloaded and installed my Carrara 8 Pro, and decided to do a reset on my Itemized Order History use another equipment but I realize it says in parentheses Carrara 8 Pro upgrade from Carrara 7 Pro is inactive!, I reset, and gives me a different version at which I have on my computer originally broken, and I thinking that it is an update, I install it, but my surprise is that to put my serial number says that is invalid. What happened with the version I bought, why it appears inactive?"

DAZ:

"The 8.5 files you will need the information from the following link,

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4700/

The serial number you have is for Carrara 8 Pro files only."

¿ :-/ ?

I don't understand.

Post edited by Thunderone01 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

The same here, I´m do the same, report this and here the question and the answer:

Me:

"Hello, I have problems with my Carrara 8 Pro, results that my laptop decomposed where I have downloaded and installed my Carrara 8 Pro, and decided to do a reset on my Itemized Order History use another equipment but I realize it says in parentheses Carrara 8 Pro upgrade from Carrara 7 Pro is inactive!, I reset, and gives me a different version at which I have on my computer originally broken, and I thinking that it is an update, I install it, but my surprise is that to put my serial number says that is invalid. What happened with the version I bought, why it appears inactive?"

DAZ:

"The 8.5 files you will need the information from the following link,

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4700/

The serial number you have is for Carrara 8 Pro files only."

¿ :-/ ?

I don't understand.

When you reset you get two versions:
    (1) 8.1, which is the release version you own, which uses your serial number
    (2) 8.5, which is a beta version and uses the beta serial number

There are a lot of files, so change the downloads page to show 50 items instead of 10.

You can install both versions in different folders.

edited December 1969

Well, this is fine and dandy, but my purchased 8.1 version will not work with the serial number given to me at purchase. I also have this "need to run once as an administrator" message and bounces me out and I cannot register. I thought that maybe Carrara would be stable, but it appears not. So, I wonder when I will be able to use my purchased product?

edited December 1969

HI SultryLady
    welcome :)

You need to be logged into your computer with administrator right to be able to install and register applications.

The serial number from your account should be accepted if you're the administrator.
    it won't if you're not .
    it'll just keep asking for it each time.

or are you saying the serial is wrong ?

If you've copied and pasted it into the box,. you may have included an extra space,.

Paste the serial into a text editor, like Notepad or Simpletext, then copy and paste that into carrara.

Also,.. If you can mention what system you're using Mac or PC, and what OS version
    as well as any other relevant info,.
    that helps people to help

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI SultryLady
    welcome :)

You need to be logged into your computer with administrator right to be able to install and register applications.

The serial number from your account should be accepted if you're the administrator.
    it won't if you're not .
    it'll just keep asking for it each time.

or are you saying the serial is wrong ?

If you've copied and pasted it into the box,. you may have included an extra space,.

Paste the serial into a text editor, like Notepad or Simpletext, then copy and paste that into carrara.

Also,.. If you can mention what system you're using Mac or PC, and what OS version
    as well as any other relevant
    that helps people to help

Well, I am running a MAC with Lion being the OS. I am the administrator of the computer. I have tried with th serial number as you suggested and now when I open the program and try to register, it tells me that the trial has expired and it just boots me out.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Well, this is fine and dandy, but my purchased 8.1 version will not work with the serial number given to me at purchase. I also have this "need to run once as an administrator" message and bounces me out and I cannot register. I thought that maybe Carrara would be stable, but it appears not. So, I wonder when I will be able to use my purchased product?

The "need to run once as an administrator" issue seems to be a known problem.

If you are running Mac OS 10.7 or higher and try to register your serial number in Carrara 8.1, you may find that you cannot register the application. (The problem has been corrected in the Carrara 8.5 beta.)

I have read elsewhere that the workaround for this problem is to run Carrara once as the "superuser", and register it at that time. ("Superuser" has more privileges than "Administrator".)

The safest way to do this is via the Terminal application (since running the entire Mac OS as the "superuser", or "root user", can be hazardous to your computer).

If you carefully follow the steps below, you will only need to type a very short command, followed by your administrator password, into the Terminal window.
    ------------------

Open the folder in which Carrara 8.1 is installed.

Locate the Carrara application and right-click on it.

In the drop-down menu, select "Show Package Contents".

In the window that opens, open the "Contents" folder.

Go to the Macintosh "Utilities" folder located in the "Applications" folder and launch the "Terminal" application.

Arrange your desktop so that the open "Contents" folder and the "Terminal" window are side by side.

NOTE: In the next step you will be dragging the "MacOS" folder from the "Contents" window to the Terminal window. This does not actually move the "MacOS" folder, but just identifies its location for the Terminal application. However, use caution when dragging the "MacOS" folder, and be sure that you do not release it anywhere other than in the Terminal window. Releasing it elsewhere will result in it being moved to a new location. In which case you will have to find it and move it back to the "Contents" folder.

In the Terminal window type "cd " (cd followed by a space, without the quotes.)

Drag-and-drop the "MacOS" folder from the "Contents" window into the "Terminal" window. Note that additional text appears following the "cd " previously entered.

In the "Terminal" window press the Return key. (No error or warning messages should appear.)

In the "Terminal" window type "sudo ./Carrara" without the quotes, and press Return. (There's a space between sudo and the period.)

You will be prompted for a password. Enter your Administrator password and press Return.

Carrara should launch.

Continue and register Carrara with your serial number. After Carrara is registered and running, quit Carrara.

Carrara should now be usable by launching it in the normal manner.

edited December 1969

HI de3an :)

Thanks for a great explanation . It's much appreciated.

I hope SultryLady manages to follow it,. ...as a PC user, it makes little sense to me...

Andy :)

edited December 1969

de3an said:

The "need to run once as an administrator" issue seems to be a known problem.

If you are running Mac OS 10.7 or higher and try to register your serial number in Carrara 8.1, you may find that you cannot register the application. (The problem has been corrected in the Carrara 8.5 beta.)

I have read elsewhere that the workaround for this problem is to run Carrara once as the "superuser", and register it at that time. ("Superuser" has more privileges than "Administrator".)

The safest way to do this is via the Terminal application (since running the entire Mac OS as the "superuser", or "root user", can be hazardous to your computer).

If you carefully follow the steps below, you will only need to type a very short command, followed by your administrator password, into the Terminal window.
    ------------------

Open the folder in which Carrara 8.1 is installed.

Locate the Carrara application and right-click on it.

In the drop-down menu, select "Show Package Contents".

In the window that opens, open the "Contents" folder.

Go to the Macintosh "Utilities" folder located in the "Applications" folder and launch the "Terminal" application.

Arrange your desktop so that the open "Contents" folder and the "Terminal" window are side by side.

NOTE: In the next step you will be dragging the "MacOS" folder from the "Contents" window to the Terminal window. This does not actually move the "MacOS" folder, but just identifies its location for the Terminal application. However, use caution when dragging the "MacOS" folder, and be sure that you do not release it anywhere other than in the Terminal window. Releasing it elsewhere will result in it being moved to a new location. In which case you will have to find it and move it back to the "Contents" folder.

In the Terminal window type "cd " (cd followed by a space, without the quotes.)

Drag-and-drop the "MacOS" folder from the "Contents" window into the "Terminal" window. Note that additional text appears following the "cd " previously entered.

In the "Terminal" window press the Return key. (No error or warning messages should appear.)

In the "Terminal" window type "sudo ./Carrara" without the quotes, and press Return. (There's a space between sudo and the period.)

You will be prompted for a password. Enter your Administrator password and press Return.

Carrara should launch.

Continue and register Carrara with your serial number. After Carrara is registered and running, quit Carrara.

Carrara should now be usable by launching it in the normal manner.

Thanks so much. It worked and now I am on my way.

edited December 1969

Glad you've got it working. Have fun !

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much. It worked and now I am on my way.

Wonderful! :coolsmile:

Glad it helped.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

I've just started trying to download Carrara 8 upgrade, but t here is ONLY 8.5 installers, I don't see an 8.1 installer. IS there only a beta now? And yes I've looked at all the download pages... i have it set t 50 downloads shown as well. I've cllicked to download and all the installers i got are 8.5

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

correction, there is an 8.1 windows 32 bit version, but no 64 version? is that rigt??