faster camera zooming in Daz 4 ?

croitorumadalincroitorumadalin Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey guys, it' s kind frustrating navigating around a big scene in Daz 4, does anyone knows how to accelerate the camera zooming ? THX

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What I do, is select an item in the Scene or SScene tab, and ust the Camera Frame button on the toolbar. That is the easiest way to do it for me anyway.

• croitorumadalincroitorumadalin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey JimmyC_2009, thanks fo the reply, i' ve tried that, but it still fits the camera pretty far away from the object, I have to do a lot of zooming to get close to the object, the zoom is to slow, maybe there' s setting for it that i haven' t found yet ?

edited December 1969

I just discovered that using the RMB and draggging on the Zoom icon moves it at a rate of knots for me. It may adjust the focal length of the camera, but that shouldn't matter in Perspective view anyway.

• edited December 1969

I just discovered that using the RMB...

What is a RMB? I'd love to avoid all the slow zooming, too.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Right Mouse Button :)

I also have a scroll wheel on my mouse, and works for zooming normally as well.

• edited December 1969

Right Mouse Button :)

My first impulse was to bang my head on the desk and say, "Why didn't I think of that?" But then I stopped myself and realized I'd never have thought of that in a million years. Now I'm off to test it. Awesome!

• croitorumadalincroitorumadalin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I found it, you press the camera pan tool with RMB, and at the same time you hold Left Ctrl, and move the mouse back/ foreward

edited December 1969

The one I meant was the Magnifying glass symbol. It doesn't work for me with your method, but you may have hotkeys set up for this.

It is a good idea I think, to have Tool Tips turned on in Preferences.

Untitled-1.jpg
    540 x 242 - 37K
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Zoom + RMB changes the scale of the camera. It's quite effective as a fast zoom.

mac

• berichnotsickberichnotsick Posts: 1
    edited December 2012

Yes i find it frustrating, about the zoom speed, i looked into some preference options i found some rotation speed and another im not sure what it does, but sometimes i have a issue zooming in to my object where its impossible to get closer once i get to a certain point, any tips on working around with this?

I have tried the zoom button on the interface, i used mouse wheel, but it still fails to get me in closer. I cant finish what i need to do ;/

This seems to be more of a bug then a feature due to its random effect. It seems if you're object is more off center you can zoom in fast and where you need it, instead of it right in front of you.

Post edited by berichnotsick on
    edited December 1969

I use the Camera Frame button as shown below. Here I have Genesis Head selected in the Scene pane, but you can also select any object in the Viewport as well, then click on Camera Frame.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 236K
  • edited February 2017

To fast zoom, create new camera. Change from perspective view to camera view. Adjustinging its focal length will quickly zoom in/out.

Post edited by r_hourigan_b0c64e5a45 on
  • Focal Zoom can also be achieved by right-dragging on the magnifying glass icon at the top-right side of the viewport, or by a modifier-drag in the viewport (I can't recall the exact combination as my settings have been chnaged from the defaults).