Question about custom face morpsh

xinkblotsxxinkblotsx Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have seen some fabulous characters with morphs not dialed from ++ if you see my meaning. If i wanted to pull Victoria into another program and change up her face, for example, what program would be best for that? i have Hexagon 2.5 and blender plus i've seen wings3d is free (is that still around?). or is there something else everyone is using?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I think most of the best ones you will see are created in ZBrush, or even 3D Coat, but is can be done in Hexagon too. You can send the base figure (V4 or Genesis) via the bridge to Hexagon, and make any alterations there. When returning to DS4P, you can create a morph from the changes you have made.

You cannot add or remove any vertices or it wont work.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

so it's all just push/pull in hexagon?

edited December 1969

Hex also has sculpting tools which work fairly well for morphing, but ZBrush, 3D Coat, and even Blender can do a lot better in the right hands.

I use Hex because it is easy to send back to DS4P using the bridge, and Morph Loader Pro pops up to create a morph for you.

edited September 2012

Say someone had an extremely low level of knowledge of modelling... Which of the three would you recommend? I tried a Lightwave trial once, and that was pretty cool.

Post edited by Testing6790 on
    edited December 1969

Well, Hexagon and Blender have the big advantage of being free, I think Hex is much easier to use, and there is a forum here as well for it. 3D Coat has a fully working 30 day trial, don't know about ZBrush. I forgot about Sculptris as well, also free which may work for some kinds of morphs too.

I would use Hex becuase I am used to it anyway, plus the bridge as mentioned before. You don't really need to know how to model in Hex, jsut pull vertices around, and use the 'Soft Selection' option when you select a vert, so that others in the vicinity move as well. The paint type programs should be easier I expect, like 3D Coat and ZBrush, but maybe not. Any of these programs have a bit of a learning curve.

edited December 1969

I have photoshop and am fairly well versed in that, so I think I have the paint down at least

• xinkblotsxxinkblotsx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info! i don't actually use DS i use Poser 8 but i would think you should be able to import and export. maybe it's time i actually installed Hexagon

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Okay...

Zbrush 4r4 retails for roughly $699.00.

Its worth it.
    Don't buy it if you are easily intimidated by a learning curve. It is capable of some amazing things.

BOTH Zbrush and Hex handshake well with the go to options available in both.

ZBrush does offer a 30 day trial at www.pixologic.com

If you are interested in making facial morphs, I would suggest checking out the tutorials I have written in the links provided in my signature. Especially the one on the Full Body Morph.