Supersuit as Everyday Clothing

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I managed to add textures by using the surfaces tab and making parts of the basic supersuit transparent.

See the tights textures here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63382/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Tights-Textures-for-Genesis-Supersuit

awesome thanks

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited September 2012

Removed

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited September 2012

Thanks Wilmap, I'll do some testing right away. :)

Edited to add: Though, you made it kinda small. Any chance on making it bigger, say 3000x3000 pixels?

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Yea, I tried making it 4000X4000... not very pretty! lol

edited December 1969

I made it the size I use in Stitch Witch. I manage to use templates that size quite easily.

edited September 2012

This isn't a beauty contest! *Winks* Heh.

Ok, Wilmap. :)

edited December 1969

Tested. It's a no go. I see the UV map is all over the place on the Basic Suit.

edited December 1969

Fine. I've textured several items using that UV map. But if it isn't good enough I'll remove the download.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

While on the topic of the supersuit, does anyone have freebies or something for saved costume configs? I have no idea if that's allowed or not, which is why I ask. I'd love to get my hands on some of the nicer ones I've seen *greedy*

edited December 1969

Wilmap: Dude, take a deep breath. I'm not questioning the quality of the UVmap, please don't misundertand me. I'm just saying it doesn't work, at least for me. Here's a render of what I get when I try to use it.

This.jpg
    689 x 631 - 75K
    edited September 2012

wilmap said:
    Removed

Please bring that back, I wanted to do more testing.

Edited to add: Plus...I'd love it if you told us how you got it to work. Please don't shut this down. I want to help and I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything. I want to get this working so everybody can use it. So, please help us.

edited December 1969

While on the topic of the supersuit, does anyone have freebies or something for saved costume configs? I have no idea if that's allowed or not, which is why I ask. I'd love to get my hands on some of the nicer ones I've seen *greedy*

Don't know if this is what your looking for, but Atrion666 has made several textures for the regular Supersuit. Mostly of the Green Lantern type variety though. http://www.sharecg.com/v/54675/View/11/Poser/M4-Mach-1p6-Bodysuit-Red-Lantern

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I'm not really looking for anything really, I just like to keep my eye out of things I find neat for the inevitable desire to use it, lol

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Wilmap: Dude, take a deep breath. I'm not questioning the quality of the UVmap, please don't misundertand me. I'm just saying it doesn't work, at least for me. Here's a render of what I get when I try to use it.

Which suit was that applied to -the full Supersuit or the Basic suit?

edited December 1969

The UV map is no good, you just proved that.

I made the mistake of seperating the pieces and they now don’t fit the original mesh, but that isn’t any good for what you want.

edited September 2012

Basic Suit.

And here's what happens when I try to run the Basic Suit in UVmapper (see images below). As you can see, part of the back shares the same UV's as the Torso, making it impossible to texture this Basic Supersuit (As you can see from the second image, I cannot select the torso without also getting part of the back, something I don't want). See, I want to use the Basic Supersuit for basic things like, Flash, Superman, my own things, etc. Using the full Supersuit gives me unwanted seams. And I'm not the only one who wants this, others want it too but can't because DAZ has not fixed the UV's.

Others have tried to seperate the back from the Torso and no one, thus far, has been able to do it.

And yes, I already submitted a support ticket but I haven't heard back yet.

Capture3.JPG
    647 x 468 - 43K
    Capture2.JPG
    1023 x 767 - 304K
    Capture1.JPG
    1023 x 728 - 288K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Hi there!

I'm thinking about purchasing the basic supersuit, but I'm only interested in using it for regular clothes, male/female. Has anyone out there used it for such and would you mind letting me know how useful/versatile it is? (Or point me to the relevant thread if this topic has already arisen.) Renders encouraged! :cheese:

Thanks!

M.

This is something I did a while ago, when I first bought the Supersuit... (the shoes and necklace are NOT Supersuit, by the way, just the top and trousers)
    Tori_with_Supersuit_Capris.jpg
    768 x 768 - 448K
    edited December 1969

That's pretty good, MelanieL. :)

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

this thread just made me think of this...

http://youtu.be/oqk2qqhunp4

LOL. One of my all-time fave movies.

M.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Look up, I found you a catsuit that might come in handy! :-)

Also Wilmaps got ALLOT of free and nicely done clothing. Honeslty, since you use Fabricator you can change out any of the textures provided with ones that's more suitable for your needs easily enough! http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Good stuff. Thanks again!

M.

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Hi there!

I'm thinking about purchasing the basic supersuit, but I'm only interested in using it for regular clothes, male/female. Has anyone out there used it for such and would you mind letting me know how useful/versatile it is? (Or point me to the relevant thread if this topic has already arisen.) Renders encouraged! :cheese:

Thanks!

M.

This is something I did a while ago, when I first bought the Supersuit... (the shoes and necklace are NOT Supersuit, by the way, just the top and trousers)

Very nice, Melanie! Thanks for posting. :-)

M.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2012

Basic Suit.

And here's what happens when I try to run the Basic Suit in UVmapper (see images below). As you can see, part of the back shares the same UV's as the Torso, making it impossible to texture this Basic Supersuit (As you can see from the second image, I cannot select the torso without also getting part of the back, something I don't want). See, I want to use the Basic Supersuit for basic things like, Flash, Superman, my own things, etc. Using the full Supersuit gives me unwanted seams. And I'm not the only one who wants this, others want it too but can't because DAZ has not fixed the UV's.

Others have tried to seperate the back from the Torso and no one, thus far, has been able to do it.

And yes, I already submitted a support ticket but I haven't heard back yet.

Yep, theres the problem. And people ignored me when I first mentioned it. They better fix this soon. This product has been out how long now...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

I made the mistake of seperating the pieces and they now don’t fit the original mesh, but that isn’t any good for what you want.

No UV is good on the basicsuit because it is screwed, seperated or not. They work fine on the supersuit.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    wilmap said:

No UV is good on the basicsuit because it is screwed, seperated or not. They work fine on the supersuit.

Question: did you use the contact form or did you file a bug report?
    If it is a bug report, could you give us the link so we can add our voices?

edited September 2012

This bugged me all night, because I knew that I had used that UV to texture the basic supersuit!

The reason it worked for me was because I exported the supersuit obj, used UVLayout to seperate the pieces and saved a new obj. This I then imported into DS4 and used the new UV Template I had made to texture it. It worked fine.

As you can't redistribute the new obj file, I can only use this for my own use.

The only thing I couldn't do was use the shaping morphs.

Here's an example with some mixed up textures to show what I did.

Test.png
    600 x 600 - 135K
    Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Looks good, Wilmap. Too bad you can't redistribute that new OBJ. Is Stitch Witch and UVLayout both free programs?

edited September 2012

Kerya said:
    Zev0 said:
    wilmap said:

Question: did you use the contact form or did you file a bug report?
    If it is a bug report, could you give us the link so we can add our voices?

Don't know about ZevO, but I used the Contact Form. However, if I don't hear anything back from DAZ soon, I will fill out a bug report and make a new thread on the forum so that anyone who wants to add their voice to get this fixed can add their voice. I for one am not going to let this go until DAZ fixes this. :coolmad:

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited September 2012

wilmap said:
    This bugged me all night, because I knew that I had used that UV to texture the basic supersuit!

The reason it worked for me was because I exported the supersuit obj, used UVLayout to seperate the pieces and saved a new obj. This I then imported into DS4 and used the new UV Template I had made to texture it. It worked fine.

Isn't it possible to create a new UV map and distribute it along with textures?

Edit : there is also a free bodysuit for Genesis from adam Thwaite here

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
    edited September 2012

wilmap said:

Isn't it possible to create a new UV map and distribute it along with textures?

Edit : there is also a free bodysuit for Genesis from adam Thwaite here

No because it would not fit onto the basic supersuit object. See the post (#40) further up the thread.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Looks good, Wilmap. Too bad you can't redistribute that new OBJ. Is Stitch Witch and UVLayout both free programs?

Unfortunately both of those programs have to be paid for.