David and Horo I need your help sorting my cart

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: After the order is placed you are given the option of how to pay. Then you are presented with, I believe, 4 different options for shipment. Ground, least expensive, 3-5 day, next expensive, 2-3 day, more expensive, and next day, most expensive; $54 US for me. I don't ever use the quickest way to get an order shipped because it isn't something I needed last week, two days ago last year.

I have dealt with some sites that don't charge S&H if the order is over a certain amount. Be nice if that was used at DAZ.

Oh, and David, I'll e-mail you as soon as my DVD arrives.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,105
    edited December 1969

Thank you LordHardDriven and GussNemo. Shipping used to be free and it was also advertised as such in the forum. The old one.

I'll check when I get home what stamp I have on the envelope in which the DVD came to Switzerland at the time. The price options offered seem extreme to me.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Thank you LordHardDriven and GussNemo. Shipping used to be free and it was also advertised as such in the forum. The old one.

I'll check when I get home what stamp I have on the envelope in which the DVD came to Switzerland at the time. The price options offered seem extreme to me.

Well like I said, they might include the lowest level of shipping at full price but then added it in as a secondary charge because the sale takes too much of the profit away. Plus the cheapest option isn't the same for everyone, like GussNemo said his was around $12 plus change where as mine was $13 plus change. That's why it's even more puzzling that Daz doesn't use the US Postal Service's flat rate option. The sales pitch is that "if it fits, it ships, up to 75lbs, anywhere, for one low flat rate" and I already know from experience the size and weight of a dvd would end up being around $5 using the appropriate sized flat rate box. That's the only realistic way I could see Daz offering shipping included in the price.

edited December 1969

I've sent me an email home with the link of this page so I won't forget to look at the stamp when I get home in 8 hours or so. Stay tuned.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    I've sent me an email home with the link of this page so I won't forget to look at the stamp when I get home in 8 hours or so. Stay tuned.

Well you being outside the US would be subject to international rates and so whatever shipping cost on yours might not be relevent in comparrisson to someone like me within the same country as Daz?

edited December 1969

Well you being outside the US would be subject to international rates and so whatever shipping cost on yours might not be relevent in comparrisson to someone like me within the same country as Daz?

Right, but postage within the US shouldn't be higher than sending it abroad.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

Right, but postage within the US shouldn't be higher than sending it abroad.

Depends on what methods were used. I'm thinking in your case they may have in fact sent it via regular mail rather then something like FedEx, UPS or DHL. Whereas the options given to people here in the states look to be just UPS and FedEx. Also did you get that as a customer or as a vendor? If it was sent to you as a vendor just so you can see how they packaged your product then they probably wouldn't tack on a handling fee and they'd be more motivated to find the most cost effective method to send it especially if it was on their dime.

edited December 1969

Here's the stamp on the envelope for the DVD. I don't remember how long it took, perhaps two weeks or more.

stamp.gif
    640 x 265 - 57K
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

The shipping tool we are using is not the best. So please place your order, then open a zendesk ticket for Sales Support > Britney, will work with you to lower the cost of shipping the product. Sorry about the crazy tools we are using right now.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Here's the stamp on the envelope for the DVD. I don't remember how long it took, perhaps two weeks or more.

Yeah that looks like it went thru regular mail as I suspected. I'm kind of used to the rates charged these days for other shipping and what Daz charged isn't really out of line with that. They did give me choices and if I had a big issue with it I always could have backed out of the sale. It's not like they led me to believe the price was one thing and then hit me with a different price. Like I said before the only real gripe I have is no way of tracking the order other then going to the help desk. So for now I'll wait a reasonable time frame (a week) and then if it still hasn't shown I'll go to the help desk.

edited December 1969

@Blaine - Thank you for the clarification, very much appreciated. I found it a bit confusing and hard to believe.

edited December 1969

The shipping tool we are using is not the best. So please place your order, then open a zendesk ticket for Sales Support > Britney, will work with you to lower the cost of shipping the product. Sorry about the crazy tools we are using right now.

Thanks and that's generous of you to offer but see above. If Daz really didn't mean to charge that much then perhaps I will pursue some sort of partial refund but really I'd like to think that Daz isn't filling orders that have to be shipped using a shipping tool that overcharges. I prefer to think your offer is just born out of a desire to try to keep people happy and not because of something charging more then Daz intended. If it is I'd advise against expressing that idea or you'll overload the zendesk with people wanting refunds on shipping costs even if they were okay with the price of shipping.

edited December 1969

Out of curiosity, what's the origin of the DVD shipment? If it's outside the US that could be the reason I saw such a high price for the lowest rate for one item. I've paid these prices before, but I've had multiple items in the order.

And knowing how to get lower shipping rates after an order is placed is a bit like closing the barn door after the horse is out.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    Out of curiosity, what's the origin of the DVD shipment? If it's outside the US that could be the reason I saw such a high price for the lowest rate for one item. I've paid these prices before, but I've had multiple items in the order.

And knowing how to get lower shipping rates after an order is placed is a bit like closing the barn door after the horse is out.

At least in my case it was Utah (see ZIP) and I don't see a reason that changed.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Well they had to know that the horse had bolted first. Be fair. DAZ 3D doesn't actually ship many physical items, so possibly hadn't realised that there was a problem till it was pointed out. :roll:
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    GussNemo said:

Well they had to know that the horse had bolted first. Be fair. DAZ 3D doesn't actually ship many physical items, so possibly hadn't realised that there was a problem till it was pointed out. :roll:

You are exactly right! We want to take care of our customers, so don't be afraid to contact Britney in Sales Support to get some $$ back for shipping.

We are shipping them from Salt Lake City, UT.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

The origin should be the state of Utah.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    GussNemo said:

You are exactly right! We want to take care of our customers, so don't be afraid to contact Britney in Sales Support to get some $$ back for shipping.

We are shipping them from Salt Lake City, UT.

Well if it is a glitch in the system that Daz is aware of and never intended then they should just contact any effected customers, especially since as chohole says there are so few, notify them of the error and issue them a refund all without the user needing to open a ticket at zendesk.

edited December 1969

Mark, a ticket makes it all official and stuff like that, so there is a record. I know it may sound somewhat like an excuse, but there are these horrible people called Auditors and such who love looking through loads of piles of paper and matching them up with other piles of paper. They tend to get a bit miffed if they can't find matching bits. It's a bit like the frustration you might feel if having almost finished a 2000 piece jigsaw you suddenly find that your puzzle box only had 1999 pieces in it. I remember, when I awas working, one audit we had when in one contract file they found a Paper towel with notations on it neatly filed in the middle of the file. The Auditors even got annoyed about that because they said a Paper towel wasn't the right sort of paper to use in the contract records, even if it the file for the site cleaning contract.

OK that was in the UK, but I guess you have similar things over your side of the pond.

edited December 1969

@Mark - chohole is right. If you want some money back, the company needs a proof that there was a necessity to spend the money in the first place.

edited December 1969

Well I'm just going on the fact that this is an issue Daz is aware that is affecting all shipping orders rather then a glitch that hits some folks and not others. A ticket in my mind suggests a scenario where the customer was led to believe things were going to happen a certain way and they ended up happening differently. I guess what bugs me about the ticket approach is that potentially there are customers who never commented on the shipping price and are unaware the shipping tools of the site create options Daz never intended. While this forum is popular to all Brycers it is not necessarily a forum visited by all customers who ordered something Daz had to ship. So those people will never know there was an incorrect charge in which to contact zendesk about. I can't remember specific examples but I know in the past I've dealt with companies online that made mistakes in what they charged and when they noticed it they contacted me and made it right all on their own intiative. As for auditors I would think it should be sufficient for Daz to say we implemented a new store software, the software ended up being flaky and it caused some customers to be mischarged and when we noticed it we made it right.

Keep in mind I didn't start this train of conversation feeling I was owed money back. I merely expressed surprise that there wasn't an option to use the postal service along with the options to use other shipping services. Now if Daz meant for that option to be there and yet let shipping orders be processed without that option then that's a conscious decision on their part and so in my mind the onus is on them to correct the mistake regardless of whether the customer realized there was a mistake or not.

edited December 1969

DAZ 3D were not aware that there was a problem until you and GussNemo started talking about the shipping price. In the main all DAZ 3D content is delivered via a download, this is the only item I have come across that is a physical item. so the problem hadn't been hightlighted till now, as those of us who ordered the DVD originally mostly ordered from the old store I think, on initial release, and thus not using the new store software. I personally think it is very creditable that as soon as they became aware they put in place a way to reimburse those who may have ordered on the current sale.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DAZ 3D were not aware that there was a problem until you and GussNemo started talking about the shipping price. In the main all DAZ 3D content is delivered via a download, this is the only item I have come across that is a physical item. so the problem hadn't been hightlighted till now, as those of us who ordered the DVD originally mostly ordered from the old store I think, on initial release, and thus not using the new store software. I personally think it is very creditable that as soon as they became aware they put in place a way to reimburse those who may have ordered on the current sale.

Well the way DAZ_bfurner's original statement read to me is they were aware of the problem before hand. Also doesn't some of the Carrara options ship on disk? I know the Reby Sky Texture DVD is on disk, there is another Bryce Tutorial DVD I've bought in the past that shipped on disk and don't they still have the burn to disk option for customers? I have to disagree with the notion this is the only disk shipping from Daz.

edited December 1969

@Mark - look at it in another way. I can't speak for DAZ 3D in this special case. At the company I work for, I sometimes get complaints from customers by phone. If this complaint is about something I had talked to my manager several times before and got a friendly "yes, you're tight, we ought to do something about it" just to make me shut up and go back to work and never anything happened, I ask the customer to send me an email with his complaint. Then it's not just me talking some crap, I can prove the that the customer is unhappy and we have to act on it. A ticket is also a lever for the employee who strives to have happy customers, not only for pacifying the customer.

edited December 1969

Mark, if you mean the Bryce and Carrara tutorial DVD by BryceTech, it is so old I doubt anyone would order it now, It deals with Bryce 6 and Carrara 6.

And DAZ 3D stopped doing order history burns quite some time ago.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Mark, if you mean the Bryce and Carrara tutorial DVD by BryceTech, it is so old I doubt anyone would order it now, It deals with Bryce 6 and Carrara 6.

And DAZ 3D stopped doing order history burns quite some time ago.

Well I didn't know, I never used the burn to disk option with Daz. I just remember seeing it.

As for the others, maybe people don't buy them maybe they do, I'm not going to make the assumption they don't. I know they are in the store though. Also like I said there is the Reby Sky disk from her photo shoot for the Reby Sky Elite Character and I bet I could find a few other items on disk.

Look though I'm not trying to go on and on about this. I wasn't really complaining about the shipping price just that if there was going to be a list of options for shipping it should also include the cheapest option which is the USPS Flat rate program which is perfectly suited for the few items Daz does ship. That was more of a suggestion then a tip. When it came to my purchase though I was presented with options, I wasn't told ahead of time that shipping was included or anything like that so when I saw the list of options I picked the one I was okay with and that's what I was charged. If I was unhappy with any of the choices I could have opted to not buy the Mentoring DVD and I would have if the options presented seemed totally unreasonable. They did not though, they were comparable to what other companies charge to ship things these days. The only way this even turned into this issue that brought out that the shipping tool wasn't working properly was Horo's belief that shipping was included in the price of the DVD.

Now if it was or if there are supposed to be different options then the one's presented but it just got overlooked when implementing the new store because so few items ship. Then that is a system wide problem on Daz's end that affects every order that invloves a shipped item. In that scenario I feel it's Daz's responsibility to make everyone affected aware either via a site wide announcement or by contacting affected customers individually and then make it right for everyone affected. If on the other hand it was a sporadic issue like say GussNemo got his with no additional shipping charge but I did have to pay shipping, then the need for tickets would make sense because not everyone was affected. As I've tried to make clear already the problem I have with this ticket business is that it allows for people wrongly charged to remain wrongly charged if they don't know to file a ticket or for some other reason can't or won't file a ticket. It's an ethical matter in other words.

edited December 1969

Okay it's now been one full week since I ordered the Mentoring DVD and it's still not in my hands nor do I have any idea if it has even shipped and I also do not have any sort of tracking info. So we have now moved from the realm of "days to ship" into the realm of "weeks to ship". In the meantime the day after I ordered that disk I ordered a couple of items from another company, that combined weigh about 8lbs (substantially more then a DVD), it shipped from Washington State (further from me then Utah) the next day, for about the same price as Daz charged for the DVD and it is now in my hands (shipped and recieved in days). If the discussion of the past page or so is in essence Daz expressing concern for customer satisfaction, there is far more they need to address then just cost.

edited December 1969

If someone would clarify something for me I'd appreciate it. Going by the past few posts, the shipping fee Mark and I paid is not the correct price, that there should have been another option for shipping? Is that correct?

Again, going by the last few posts, I can get in touch with zendesk(?) to make adjustments in the shipping price? Would someone mind drawing the direction signs nice and big as to where/how this is done? On Amazon I'd know how to do it, but I've never done it with anything purchased from DAZ.

Mark: Being out in the middle of the boonies, which is itself in the middle of the boonies, it isn't uncommon for us to wait while the horses take a break somewhere along the trail between us and shipper. And as the Mentoring DVD is coming from Utah, more than likely they had to switch from mules to horses after getting past the Continental Divide. ;-)

Depending where items are shipped from, it isn't uncommon for us to see a week or more pass before an order arrives. So we've learned when it gets here it will get here, and just be patient. Though, had I not follow this thread I wouldn't have know there was an error in the shipping price.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    If someone would clarify something for me I'd appreciate it. Going by the past few posts, the shipping fee Mark and I paid is not the correct price, that there should have been another option for shipping? Is that correct?

Again, going by the last few posts, I can get in touch with zendesk(?) to make adjustments in the shipping price? Would someone mind drawing the direction signs nice and big as to where/how this is done? On Amazon I'd know how to do it, but I've never done it with anything purchased from DAZ.

Mark: Being out in the middle of the boonies, which is itself in the middle of the boonies, it isn't uncommon for us to wait while the horses take a break somewhere along the trail between us and shipper. And as the Mentoring DVD is coming from Utah, more than likely they had to switch from mules to horses after getting past the Continental Divide. ;-)

Depending where items are shipped from, it isn't uncommon for us to see a week or more pass before an order arrives. So we've learned when it gets here it will get here, and just be patient. Though, had I not follow this thread I wouldn't have know there was an error in the shipping price.

TO file a ticket, click on help, on the top bar of the forum page. Select "Contact Us" from the drop down box. Next screen click on the green "submit" button under submit a help request, and then fill in the details on the next page, choosing "Sales" as the dept to send the request to.
    edited September 2012

Thank you chohole. I'll look into it.

Edit: Ok, I've got a sales ticket started on the shipping cost. I'll keep everyone informed as to the progress.

Post edited by GussNemo on