Questions about how to in DS4.5

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I started out using Poser but now I want to use DS4.5 for my render needs. I cannot seem to figure out how to parent a tail to Genesis.

I am also trying to figure out how to use smoothing modifiers to get autofitted clothing to fit my morphed Genesis. I am not seeing how to do that. I have tons of clothing for V4 and good amount for A3 and V3. i would like to use those clothes on Genesis since I already bought them.

also how do I zero a figure in DS4.5? I remember I did it once before but now I cannot seem to find that function.

Thank you for any help

Comments

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I started out using Poser but now I want to use DS4.5 for my render needs. I cannot seem to figure out how to parent a tail to Genesis.

To parent objects to other objects in DS, you go the scene tab, click the object you want parented and then just drag it to the object you want to parent it to.

I am also trying to figure out how to use smoothing modifiers to get autofitted clothing to fit my morphed Genesis. I am not seeing how to do that. I have tons of clothing for V4 and good amount for A3 and V3. i would like to use those clothes on Genesis since I already bought them.

If an item doesn't already has smoothing activated by default, you click the piece of clothing in the scene tab and then go to Edit->Figure->Geometry->Apply Smoothing Modifier. To control the smoothing and turn it on/off you go the parameters tab under 'General->Mesh Smoothing'. (In case the item you're working with has already smoothing applied but turned off by default)

also how do I zero a figure in DS4.5? I remember I did it once before but now I cannot seem to find that function.

There seem to be two way nowadays, only one that I have experience with.
    In any case, click the figure you want to zero and then either

1) click the icon that shows a small black triangle and four thin lines in the upper right corner of the parameters tab and go to Zero->Zero Figure (or Zero Figure Pose / Shape, depending on what you wanna do)

or

2) go to Edit->Figure->Zero->Zero Figure, it's looks pretty much the same way as 1) ^^

Hope this helps!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Zero Figure will ZERO Genesis back to its defaults.

Zero Figure Pose will cause Genesis to return to the T Pose at the center of the scene without affecting any morphs or shapes dialed in.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

I reset the layout of daz to default and found some menu options had been mia but they are back now.