Is there a blank template anywhere for creating faces ?

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Having real problems trying to find the best way to copy or re-create a particular face I've drawn on paper in Daz. I've found a few names like Becky, Brigitte, Emma and Eva in V4 "head" but it seems it's only possible to create a mixture of them all, rather than just working on a single face as I'm finishing up with some pretty awful looking efforts.

I really need to start from a basic blank template and add the desired features as I go along so does anyone know of anything anywhere please ?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You would almost certainly need Morphs++ for V4, that gives you access to lots of morphs to change the shape of the Nose, Mouthm Lips, Brow, Cheeks, eyes etc etc.

I have never heard of a blank template, do you mean like a totally featureless face, to add detail to? I have never seen one, most people would start with the basic V4 model, and go from there.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

You would almost certainly need Morphs++ for V4, that gives you access to lots of morphs to change the shape of the Nose, Mouthm Lips, Brow, Cheeks, eyes etc etc.

I have never heard of a blank template, do you mean like a totally featureless face, to add detail to? I have never seen one, most people would start with the basic V4 model, and go from there.

I have got Morphs++ thanks but the biggest problem for me anyway is you're always working from an existing or someone else's artwork rather than from scratch so I suppose it would be some sort of blank featureless template/ face if that's possible ? Personally I've always found altering or overwriting other people's drawings very overpowering and distracting and why I always outline what I personally want first when still very unsure or unclear starting with very hard 6H pencils on a blank sheet of paper gradually refining it down to softer leads of about 3H. It's because you can hardly see anything with a 6H lead especially when pressing down normally that it's great for getting the basic non-distracting outline first which then illustrates and then brings forth the actual picture/ sketch itself. You then choose progressively harder and harder leads to firm up the chosen outline till you're almost there. Sometimes there can be so many lines it gets just too messy to continue with so I then use tracing paper to "lock" the final idea and details into place. There are many other in-between bits and pieces you can do but when ready and last of all you use very soft leads 3B upwards to about 6B for shading.

I've never heard of a blank template either though I've never looked before but the next problem would be how does one then get it on the Daz screen itself ??

Post edited by Marcuse on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You can insert any image as a Background image in DS4, Edit > Backdrop.

Any 'blank' template I would imagine to be a morph for V4 which removes all of the features, but as i said, I have never heard of one. If it was not a morph of V4, you would not be able to use Morphs++ on it.

edited December 1969

Thanks is it possible to individually isolate Becky, Brigitte, Emma and Eva in V4 “head” or any other ones in Daz, or elsewhere say on sale in Renderosity, and work on them separately ?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

As Jimmy says, normally people will start with V4 head, out oof the box and then play with the morph sliders until they get somewhere close to what they want. Much easier than trying to alter someone elses character that is already created.

My avatar started off as V4. Would you like to see a large version to see how different she is, just using morph dilas from morphs++

If you are talking about creating a different skin for V4, then you can get a blank template, and can work on it in a decent Paint program, one that supports layers. Skin creation is an art in itself though, and not easy.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Actually I was up until midnight yesterday trying to sort the V4 head but she still looks awful gruesome ! :cheese: Yes thanks like to see your large version just using morph dials perhaps there’s something I’m missing still…. ?

Haven’t got round to skins yet keep meaning to. Would it be possible to create a face with them ?

edited December 1969

I did find this 3d template website but it looks way beyond me....

http://www.senteacher.org/Worksheet/12/Nets.xhtml

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

here she is completely dial spun, some dials used are "everclocked"

BTW a lot of people who make custom morphs will use something like Zbrush to create them, but I gather that has a high learning curve. Playing around with the standard morph dials can be fun.

Latest_avatar.png
    600 x 600 - 330K
    Post edited by Chohole on