Supersuit as Everyday Clothing

Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi there!

I'm thinking about purchasing the basic supersuit, but I'm only interested in using it for regular clothes, male/female. Has anyone out there used it for such and would you mind letting me know how useful/versatile it is? (Or point me to the relevant thread if this topic has already arisen.) Renders encouraged! :cheese:

Thanks!

M.

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

What would your defenition of regular clothes be?

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    What would your defenition of regular clothes be?

T-shirt, Jeans, etc.
  • Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

My definition would be clothes that a non-superhero (or a superhero in mild-mannered disguise) might wear everyday - t-shirt, jeans, khaki pants, sweat pants, shorts, that sort of thing. The narrator on the video for the supersuit (Introducing the Genesis Supersuit 3D Clothing Model on youtube) says you can create configurations "...anything from normal clothing to incredible fantasy armor." I was simply wondering if anyone had used it for 'normal clothing' and whether they considered it a worthwhile resource.

Thanks. :-)

M.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

with the right textures, it could work.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2012

For that you might get better results with Flipmode's G-Suit, Bodysuit for Genesis. The surfaces are defined differently then the Supersuit, more towards normal clothes.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited September 2012

It's possible to use the Supersuit for your perposes. Provided you have the UV Templates, you can texture your own clothing and turn the Supersut into clothing. It has plenty of morphs to mimick these kinds of things. And what it can't do, you can certainly make up for in texturing, bump maps and displacements.

Check this out, this is something you might appreciate. http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=wilmap&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=1

Edited to add: I have seen DAZ_Rand use the Supersuit for regular clothing, and it looked nice. But so far, Rand has not given us any of his custom made textures (including those "Super-Hero" textures he promised).

I agree that the G-Suit would probably be your better option. It has less complicated UV maps (in case you want to make your own textures, which is highly recommended) and it looks better as regular clothes as well.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Gedd, I do have the G-suit. It comes in handy for some things. I would LOVE a suit designed specifically for regular clothes...

M.

edited December 1969

Thanks Knight22179, I'll check that link out.

I do have the Fabricator for texturing, and I really like it.

M.

edited September 2012

Thanks Knight22179, I'll check that link out.

I do have the Fabricator for texturing, and I really like it.

M.

Your welcome. :)

Well, the Fabricator would certainly help changing the Supersuit into regular clothing. Combined with the Supersuit's morphs, and you can probably pull off some convincing looks. :)

In case you do get the Supersuit anyway, here's the UV template for it. http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates#commentAnchor

edited December 1969

In case you do get the Supersuit anyway, here's the UV template for it. http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates#commentAnchor

Awesome. :-)

Thanks again!

M.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Have Daz fixed the UV's for the Basic suit? To me that is a better base for Casual Clothes. But since the UV's are messed up, Its useless. A real waste if you ask me. Its perfect for tight clothing cause it sits flush on the figure. Most pantyhose sets you see the gap between it and the base mesh, not with the basic suit. Its perfect for tights and pantyhose type clothing.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Have Daz fixed the UV's for the Basic suit? To me that is a better base for Casual Clothes. But since the UV's are messed up, Its useless. A real waste if you ask me. Its perfect for tight clothing cause it sits flush on the figure. Most pantyhose sets you see the gap between it and the base mesh, not with the basic suit. Its perfect for tights and pantyhose type clothing.

Where's the Basic Suit? I looked for it in the store, but didn't find it...

Thanks.

M.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

Daz has not provided any UV templates if that's what you mean by fixing the UV's. And I did a texture test with the Basic Suit and The Basic Suit can use the same UV's as the Supersuit.

edited September 2012

Zev0 said:

Thanks.

M.

The basic suit is not sold seperately. It's sold with the Supersuit here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-supersuit

Look under What's Included and Features and you will see Basic Suit. So, go to that link I provided, buy it and you'll get the basic suit.

I have to give you a fair warning, though. The Basic Suit does not have the same morphs as the Supersuit does, just Adjustment morphs. So, to create your own clothing, you will have to create trans maps and possibly displacement maps too. What I was saying earlier about the morphs giving you possible clothing looks...I was talking about the Supersuit, not the Basic Suit.

edited September 2012

Zev0 said:

Thanks.

M.

The basic suit is not sold seperately. It's sold with the Supersuit here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-supersuit

Look under What's Included and Features and you will see Basic Suit. So, go to that link I provided, buy it and you'll get the basic suit.

I have to give you a fair warning, though. The Basic Suit does not have the same morphs as the Supersuit does, just Adjustment morphs. So, to create your own clothing, you will have to create trans maps and possibly displacement maps too. What I was saying earlier about the morphs giving you possible clothing looks...I was talking about the Supersuit, not the Basic Suit.

That is the problem. You cannot create maps for it. The Uv's overlay so it cannot be textured properly. Shaders are fine.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

I've got several renders using it as normal clothing and others do as well

My post here is about halfway down the page
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/100/P135/#5827

And more here
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/201/P45

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:

Thanks.

M.

That is the problem. You cannot create maps for it. The Uv's overlay so it cannot be textured properly. Shaders are fine.

By overlay, I assume you mean the UV's pile on top of each other? UVmapper can fix that if you know how. Especially UVmapper Pro. If you don't know how to do something, just ask it here on the Forums, you'll get the help you need. :)

If Rand got super-hero textures created for the Basic Suit, so can we. :D

edited December 1969

Ah, okay, thanks.

M.

edited December 1969

And more here

Wow, Alisa - great stuff. I ended up looking through the whole thread. I'm really liking the Supersuit...will probably buy it just because of all the cool things you can do with it, whether I get 'regular' clothes out of it or not! ;-)

M.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

Yep, I think it's one of the coolest clothing outfits ever! So versatile!!

edited September 2012

Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:

Thanks.

M.

By overlay, I assume you mean the UV's pile on top of each other? UVmapper can fix that if you know how. Especially UVmapper Pro. If you don't know how to do something, just ask it here on the Forums, you'll get the help you need. :)

By overlay I mean they share body groups. We had people try to fix it in UVmapper but the Uv's are assigned to mixed groups that overlay each other, making it impossible to texture. I had already requested this be fixed but haven't heard anything. If I find the thread I will post the link.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:

Thanks.

M.

By overlay I mean they share body groups. We had people try to fix it in UVmapper but the Uv's are assigned to mixed groups that overlay each other, making it impossible to texture. I had already requested this be fixed but haven't heard anything. If I find the thread I will post the link.

I also put in a request to fix this just now because I ran the Basic Supersuit through UVmapper and and tried out a texture run. Your right. :(

This utterly sucks! I WAS going to make a bunch of Super-Hero textures for this Basic Supersuit but now nobody can. :(

edited December 1969

And more here

Wow, Alisa - great stuff. I ended up looking through the whole thread. I'm really liking the Supersuit...will probably buy it just because of all the cool things you can do with it, whether I get 'regular' clothes out of it or not! ;-)

M.

Afraid the Basic Supersuit will be useless to you as the UV maps are skrewed up. See my responses to ZevO. I'd stick with the suit you already have, the G-Suit :(

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited September 2012

I bought the Supersuit, never used it for anything. With Randy gone and all his freebie Superhero stuff he was going to share with us gone too .... just sits there. Too many other projects going on to think about using it. You would probably do just fine using the freebies that are out there.

Here are some pants with quite a few texture zones for making shorts and what not:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/60519/View/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Tight-Pants
    Fits only the Basic Female but you can use the Auto Fit tool to refit to just about any shape you come up with. Don't forget to add in a Smoothing modifier to get your Collision in there so there are no poke throughs. Might help to take it to Sub-D too for a more smooth look.

Here is the ShareCG search for DAZ Studio: Clothing. All sorts of goodies in there! :-)

Share CG - Search DAZ Studio - Clothing

Found you a nice Catsuit for Genesis with a few zones built in. Examples of what can be done with it on the page:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/61636/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Simple-catsuit-for-Genesis

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

Afraid the Basic Supersuit will be useless to you as the UV maps are skrewed up. See my responses to ZevO. I'd stick with the suit you already have, the G-Suit :(

Bummer. :down:

M.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I bought the Supersuit, never used it for anything. With Randy gone and all his freebie Superhero stuff he was going to share with us gone too .... just sits there. Too many other projects going on to think about using it. You would probably do just fine using the freebies that are out there.

Here are some pants with quite a few texture zones for making shorts and what not:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/60519/View/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Tight-Pants
    Fits only the Basic Female but you can use the Auto Fit tool to refit to just about any shape you come up with. Don't forget to add in a Smoothing modifier to get your Collision in there so there are no poke throughs. Might help to take it to Sub-D too for a more smooth look.

Here is the ShareCG search for DAZ Studio: Clothing. All sorts of goodies in there! :-)

Share CG - Search DAZ Studio - Clothing

Cool, thanks RAMWolff! :-)

M.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Look up, I found you a catsuit that might come in handy! :-)

Also Wilmaps got ALLOT of free and nicely done clothing. Honeslty, since you use Fabricator you can change out any of the textures provided with ones that's more suitable for your needs easily enough! http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:

Thanks.

M.

I also put in a request to fix this just now because I ran the Basic Supersuit through UVmapper and and tried out a texture run. Your right. :(

This utterly sucks! I WAS going to make a bunch of Super-Hero textures for this Basic Supersuit but now nobody can. :(
    Ye..I had a bunch of ideas for it, but they all on hold until it gets resolved..

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

this thread just made me think of this...

http://youtu.be/oqk2qqhunp4

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I managed to add textures by using the surfaces tab and making parts of the basic supersuit transparent.

See the tights textures here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63382/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Tights-Textures-for-Genesis-Supersuit